Thread: 5 spd conversion in L body (neon shifter?)

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 30 PSI SHADOW's Avatar

5 spd conversion in L body (neon shifter?)

Test fitting my 568 shifter,the front part of the base of the shifter sits a bit high because of a slight "hump" in the floor.The cubby wont fit down on top of it.
    I saw a post that a neon shifter is flat on the bottom so the front part of it sits a bit lower..

Is this True??

bill baker

Re: 5 spd conversion in L body (neon shifter?)

Yes, the neon shifter base is completely flat compared to our shifter bases.

later
    James Dempsey Jr 91 Dodge Shadow ES convertible 95 Dodge Neon Sport sedan 2.4 5spd

boostaholic

I think you will still need to cut or beat the hump out of the floor and make a cover plate to cover it. You need to get the shifter as low, flat and as far back as possible to make it under the cubby and line up right. Dont forget you will have to modify the cubby mount bracket to allow the cable's to pass through.

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Don't pound it flat just get a shifter base from an automatic. It plugs the hole perfectly and gives you something flat to mount the shifter on.

I find that it is easiets to cover things up if you have the center console with the armrest rather than the simple shifter cover.

I agree about modifying the cubby mount bracket I always have to do that.

-Rich