Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: SDAC-Chicago Thread

Re: SDAC-Chicago Thread

I should be there too. Dave, please bring those seats if you can.

Garrett booster

happy Friday the 13th everybody! i havent been around much because ive been working non-stop lately!

Meeting was a good turn out tonight.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Yes good meeting, good to see everyone!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor shmedley's Avatar

Sorry I missed it. I got stuck out in the Joilet area.
    Thanks Brad S. SDAC National Proud Member SDAC Chicago Proud Member 14 Ram 1500 86 Shelby Charger "Chicago Stock"

Some Pics from the Meeting.
    http://www.moparmarc.com/images/carc...tober2006.html

I know dave also took some pics...
    Im also a happy winner of a Shelby Charger Model kit!

Me and russ were cruisin back home after the meeting trying to not get pulled over, lol

Garrett booster

good pics. looked like a pretty decent turnout. how many guys usually show up?

Typically somewhere between 10 and 30 people total per meeting...

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by MoparMarc View Post
    Me and russ were cruisin back home after the meeting trying to not get pulled over, lol
    LOL, no kidding. The car sure pulls hard on the expressway. JT, I'm thinking my little breadcrumb trail was probably condensation from the exhaust like you said. I didn't think we'd be standing around in the cold so long, so it was idling there for an hour or so. Some oil probably dripped too from my multiple VC leaks.

I also discovered today that I am a total retard...literally. I was setting the valve timing on the Daytona and as I set the crank at zero degrees I realized that I've been setting the base timing on the CSX to 4 degrees instead of 12 (wrong end of the window). Duh. That would explain my lack of bottom-end grunt and also why I can run 21psi on 93 octane. I guess that means I can pull enough timing out of the cal and still be able to run those boost levels.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMopar View Post
    LOL, no kidding. The car sure pulls hard on the expressway. JT, I'm thinking my little breadcrumb trail was probably condensation from the exhaust like you said. I didn't think we'd be standing around in the cold so long, so it was idling there for an hour or so. Some oil probably dripped too from my multiple VC leaks.

I also discovered today that I am a total retard...literally. I was setting the valve timing on the Daytona and as I set the crank at zero degrees I realized that I've been setting the base timing on the CSX to 4 degrees instead of 12 (wrong end of the window). Duh. That would explain my lack of bottom-end grunt and also why I can run 21psi on 93 octane. I guess that means I can pull enough timing out of the cal and still be able to run those boost levels.
    Glad your trail wasnt anything bad.

wow, that should make some more power, probably need a whole new cal now tho! fwiw I run 14* in the shadow.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

[QUOTE=MiniMopar;86631]LOL, no kidding. The car sure pulls hard on the expressway
    QUOTE]

Ya, pulls far away from me now that you have timing better it will pull faster. neon=slow

I wonder if that is my issue on the lebaron. It doesnt have the jump off line as my other 2.5 T lebaron had.

My Daytona was a gutless slob off the line. Part of it was the tall transfer gears I put in it. Still, it always did this weird thing where it would go way lean and sometimes almost die if I mashed the throttle after letting it idle for a bit. Did all the usual stuff, but nothing worked. I replumbed all the vacuum lines to favor the MAP and FPR the most and that helped it. It still wasn't quite right though.

Meeting Reminder

Saturday, November 11th, 5:00pm to 9:00pm

Papa Passero's
    6326 S. Cass Avenue
    Westmont, IL

I wont be able to make this meeting, Planned my buddys Bachlor party that day.
    If anyone wants to come to St. Charles after the meeting I'll be at "Dimonds" around 9:45pm ish till who knows when.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor shmedley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoparMarc View Post
    Meeting Reminder

Saturday, November 11th, 5:00pm to 9:00pm

Papa Passero's
    6326 S. Cass Avenue
    Westmont, IL

I wont be able to make this meeting, Planned my buddys Bachlor party that day.
    If anyone wants to come to St. Charles after the meeting I'll be at "Dimonds" around 9:45pm ish till who knows when.

Oh ya sure on a meeting night. Not like you did not know when the meetings are. They have been on the secons sat of the month for like 5 years now...

Just kidding. Have fun that night. And if you remember anything you did not drink enough!!!!
    Thanks Brad S. SDAC National Proud Member SDAC Chicago Proud Member 14 Ram 1500 86 Shelby Charger "Chicago Stock"

True... almost every 2nd Sat, except August when the Mopar Nats are on the 2nd saturday or in December sometimes for the holiday gathering...

Have fun Marc! Don't do anything we wouldn't do

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

I have copied the previous couple of posts to the SDAC-Chicago thread in the Lounge. I moved all the ones exclusively pertaining to the wedding to that thread also.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Thanks for the cleanup Barry

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

We are now on myspace!

http://www.myspace.com/sdacchicago

FYI- Mostly for Locals but open to anyone who wants to make it out.

Summer car shows of 2007 Will be here before we know it,
    Most of the Local members who know me know i'm very active with my other club Chicago Land Mopar Connection.
    Last Tues meeting we talked about our 07 Events.

WE have some of the events dates set in stone, So mark your calenders now. Feel free to bookmark or set this page in your favorites
    http://www.chicagolandmopar.com/events/events.asp

One of our events that Id like to see more Turbo-mopars at is our Belvidere show. We are working to get racing back on sat, while looking to add many other events as well since it is a weekend event.
    Belvidere Mopar Happening in 2007
    July 14th & 15th, 2007
    Boone County Fairgrounds

A few years back we had SDAC event in chicago and our mopars at the park show in fox lake was Blessed with Lots of SHelby cars! I would love to see SDAC national event at Belvidere, but thats out of my hands.

So for any of our chicago sdac members who dont normaly attend the local mopar shows, PLease try to make as many as you can in 2007!

Any questions on CMC events feel free to ask.
    Thanks
    MoparMarc

http://www.chicagolandmopar.com/
    http://www.sdac-chicago.org/

Garrett booster

Thumbs up Re: SDAC-Chicago Thread

Might be interesting to have some fellow TD's at the CMC show in Elmhurst in Feb. Happy New year to all, Bruce what do you think JT and Dave, Birddog may a show within a show