Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: SDAC-Chicago Thread

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: SDAC-Chicago Thread

Pull up on the clutch pedal to adjust... drive it a little bit... adjust again if needed

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

ok after pulling on the clutch pedal and driving it 40 miles or so it is perfect! Engages right in the middle where i like it and grabs like no other. Hell i chirp second without even trying Only thing is now the damn car is running hot. And when i mean hot its about 3/4 on the gauge or about 7/8th's on the gauge. but thats only if i am not moving. If im driving it goes back down to 1/2 or 3/8 of the way up the gauge. Im running almost all water and prolly like 15 percent antifreeze. AFAIK the water pump is fine as is the radiator. But what im going to do once the car cools down is flush everything then try and stick the garden hose in there to force some crud out. Im going to do a straight 50/50 water/antifreeze mix along with a bottle of water wetter. Sound good?

Sounds like your radiator fanisn't coming on. Did you disconnect the fan or bump the rectangular connector on the front harness while swapping el-transo?

is the rectangular harness plug on the front like right near the battery tray perhaps? if so i did,lol

boostaholic

Yea..something anit right mike...i would recheck everything..cause if it wasn't doing this before then either u or we didn't something...u don't need a cracked head gaskets..

OH..OH...

PS.. you all the people who put that tranny back up by them selfs..
    There is NO WAY in fricken gods green earth i could ever do that just by putting it on my stomach and lifting it up.....i wanna see a guy do it by himself in person...really!!!

And mike...my damn back hurts like hell right now.....damn u! and your seven puck clutch!

Tom

yeah my back is killing me now too. Feels like ive got a freaking hernia. I just honestly dont know how someone can get the trans up there on their own. Or me and tom have rly gota be out of shape,lol Hopefully with the fan coming on i hope its something ridiculously stupid like a horribly unplugged connection. lol Everything else works as it should 100 percent. Otherwise im wiring in a manual fan switch tonight

is the thickish black wire running from the negative battery connector to the firewall under a relay the one for a fan because its always been dangling a little bit loose and today i decided to twist it,lol also looking i found a hypalon fuse deal that is burnt but i think its already been replaced by another wire. anyone got a link to the electrical part for this?

ok so i regrounded that wire that had fallen off and disconnected the CTS sensor plug and started the car up.. no cooling fan turning on..Bad? Or do i still have to let the thing warm up?

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Fan should come on as soon as you disconnect the coolant temp sensor behind the thermostat.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

OK SO this morning i was anxious to get going with the car and get driving. so i get it all buttoned up and head to autozone for some vacuum line to redo my bov line. WELL i bought about 5 feet of line and only used 1.5 right away. I couldnt find the other 3.5 feet of line....Guess where they were.........wrapped in the damned cooling fan!!! im pissed. And i feel like a moron.!

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86lance
    OK SO this morning i was anxious to get going with the car and get driving. so i get it all buttoned up and head to autozone for some vacuum line to redo my bov line. WELL i bought about 5 feet of line and only used 1.5 right away. I couldnt find the other 3.5 feet of line....Guess where they were.........wrapped in the damned cooling fan!!! im pissed. And i feel like a moron.!
    At least it was an easy fix, way more fun than soldering in hypalon wire...
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

ok so my fan still refuses to turn on. Everything is connected correctly and what not. no bad grounds that i can find. Everything is tight and secure. what i am thinking is that the fan ate my vacuum line and was constantly trying to turn on and possibly burned itseld out or popped that hypalon fuse? sound plausible?

Most likely just blew the fusible link (only if you luck changes, LOL), but could have burned-out the motor too. I've lost track of what car this is, but hopefully this helps:

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/electrical-links.html

well the hypalon wire thats for my fan is definately blown.

Cool, fix it and you're ready to roll and also stop rolling without overheating.

yup that was all there is to it. reconnected the sucker and gona heat wrap it or tape it in a little while.. Now if only i had some of those things here!!!. also a quick question. My battery hold down is long gone. Will union grove accept one of the autozone rubber battery straps or does it have to be a metal one?

i think the rubber one should be fine as long as its secure correct?

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 89ShelbyGuy
    i wanna see a guy do it by himself in person...really!!!
    Takes practice, and a little upper body strength

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

boostaholic

Ok JT...i am gonna hold you as the person i will watch

tom how is this going down tomorrow? are we gona drive there at the same time er wuts the deal