Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: SDAC-Chicago Thread

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: SDAC-Chicago Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 86lance
    wait i think i just got what you were saying. the clutch doesntneed a break in? lol
    Well it still breaks in... more like bedding in, like brakes. The idea is that with usage the clutch disk conforms with the pressure plate and flywheel surfaces.

I have heard a couple different ways to break in clutches. 500 miles is the text book answer, figuring that even if someone drives 500 miles on the highway that there would be enough shifting to bed it in. Now the difference is that most clutch manufacturers say to drive the car easy for a while, and then when I got my RPS clutch it said to drive it agresively.

I am not sure about ceramic but the sintered bronze puck clutches seem to break in pretty quick. The six-puck one currently in my Z went around the block a couple times, up and down shifting about every 3-4 houses, then got loaded on the trailer to go to the track. Couple easy (12 psi) runs on low boost running low 13's and then I turned it up and went 11's

Like I said, not sure about ceramic (but I would guess it is similar) but I would do exactly like TU recommends IF they warranty it.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

ok sounds good, maybe ill be going to0 the track after all And Tom ill snag up a zener diode from you but i have no way of turning up my fuel pressure or turning it down if i got larger injectors. Anyways i put the flywheel on and the trans mount in so once the clutch gets here its crank time.

boostaholic

Just give me a call tommorow if yea need som extra hands. you said it should be at your house the 28th right? Just let me know..

Tom

boostaholic

So...what are the times everyone is going? we meeting up somewhere? whats up....?

Tom

yeah the 28th so hopefully when i get home from school it should be sitting on my door step. i definately want to get it all back together by the end of tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by 89ShelbyGuy
    So...what are the times everyone is going? we meeting up somewhere? whats up....?

Tom
    I have to run to Des Plaines to let my dogs out but hopefully can get there when they open at 6pm...

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

ill be leaving directly from school then, also got my clutch in today, gona be working on it in a few minutes!

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

I'm heading up straight from work, will try to get there by 6pm. Since JT is towing his junk up there we can probably all pit wherever he decides to park. If it's a slow night probably in the middle area on the blacktop, otherwise in the grass near the end of the staging lanes.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

boostaholic

Could someone please refreash my memory? its 294 north to what road again....and take it west i know that...forgot which letter it is...

Thanks

Tom

well hopefully ill be able to get up there by 6

Quote Originally Posted by 89ShelbyGuy
    Could someone please refreash my memory? its 294 north to what road again....and take it west i know that...forgot which letter it is...

Thanks

Tom
    I294 North till it merges with I94, continue into WI the exit Highway KR going west. www.greatlakesdragaway.com

Might be another Shadow or Charger there too

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Looks like I might be joining you guys on wednesday with my wagon. How many of you guys are going?

boostaholic

KR! Thats it...i knew i remembered it with something on my grand prix....knock=KR...lol....Thanks J.t.

lright well me and tom wrenched on the daytona for a while and we got the trans installed. all mounting bolts tightened up,trans mount in,SDS reconnected. got trhe shifter cables lined up got the clutch cable connected. all i have to do is a few little things like the passenger side motor mount then just reinstall the axles sway bar and ball joint,oh and the bobble strut

Quote Originally Posted by OnLooker
    Looks like I might be joining you guys on wednesday with my wagon. How many of you guys are going?
    Sounds like we should have 1/2 dozen or so, maybe more cars

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Quote Originally Posted by 86lance
    lright well me and tom wrenched on the daytona for a while and we got the trans installed. all mounting bolts tightened up,trans mount in,SDS reconnected. got trhe shifter cables lined up got the clutch cable connected. all i have to do is a few little things like the passenger side motor mount then just reinstall the axles sway bar and ball joint,oh and the bobble strut
    Damn, almost done!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

close,gona work on it in the morning,too tired right now,getting the trans in position was a bear but the input shaft slid right in!

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor shmedley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance
    I294 North till it merges with I94, continue into WI the exit Highway KR going west. www.greatlakesdragaway.com

Might be another Shadow or Charger there too

Hmmmm Wonder who they might be???
    Thanks Brad S. SDAC National Proud Member SDAC Chicago Proud Member 14 Ram 1500 86 Shelby Charger "Chicago Stock"

Quote Originally Posted by shmedley
    Hmmmm Wonder who they might be???

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

and its done!!! clutch is very grabby and the pedal is a little soft,might need adjustment or its just the new parts