Thread: how quiet is your R/T?

Hybrid booster

how quiet is your R/T?

I installed my intercooler setup and full 3" exhaust with catco cat and magnaflow straight through muffler and this thing is QUIET!!!...maybe toooo quiet?

my brothers shadow with the same exhaust is alot louder than this car and from what i heard the 16v should be louder!

shinanigans!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: how quiet is your R/T?

Have you heard Will's? its mellower and a smoother sound,

BTW, fixed your spelling, lol!
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

No i havent heard his R/T running. but this car is now quieter than when it was stock with no muffler!

learn to read?

I think due to the low lift of the cams and maybe the mild duration, the exhaust isn't so loud. Are you still running the stock turbo? that will be another reason.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Hybrid booster

50 trim with full 2.5 mandrel. no cat, no muffler. straight out the back.

above 2500 its loud. I'm trying to find a way to make it a little more quiet, but still be able to hear the turbo spooling. it sounds great at like 1500-2000 rpm,
    i'm going to find a glasspack to put in the center to try and muffle it a little and see how that sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    50 trim with full 2.5 mandrel. no cat, no muffler. straight out the back.

above 2500 its loud. I'm trying to find a way to make it a little more quiet, but still be able to hear the turbo spooling. it sounds great at like 1500-2000 rpm,
    i'm going to find a glasspack to put in the center to try and muffle it a little and see how that sounds.
    Yeah, on my 8 valve years ago, tried a 3 inch sidepipe, holy crap, I started it and my whole shop shook, was soooooo loud.

Hybrid booster

its bearable once its warmed up, but on a cold start, or when you get into boost its fawking loooud!

but... i have been getting great gas mileage since it got loud, cause i realize when im into the throttle more... lol

Hybrid booster

50 trim t3/t4 dual ball bearing turbo, 3" no cat, with muffler. Nice low grumble until I get on it. Then you hear the turbo wine like crazy.

Garrett booster

t3/to4(E wheel in a B housing), 3" downpipe, cat, Sebring Tuning muffler. Also a shaved head and a stock gasket (upped the compression a little).

Low lopey idle that can be heard for a good distance but isn't actually "loud". cruising is quieter than a stock SRT4. WOT is somewhere between a Supra and a leaf blower.