Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

turbo addict

Re: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    Well the warm weather is on its way. For those of us working on our CSX's and don't have the opportunity to take pics. let's see some of your finished products! 89 CSX pictures are limited on the web, so come on guys, post up some pics. we haven't seen before!
    Well.....its not finished yet (never finished), but heres some recent shots. Rampage in the background.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shelby 001.jpg 
Views:	1251 
Size:	380.9 KB 
ID:	8742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shelby 002.jpg 
Views:	2001 
Size:	483.3 KB 
ID:	8743  

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

That is looking good Sean!

Naw, only one was in that barn. Most of them were L-bodies.

Car looks real awesome Sean. Looking forward to getting more time at the event this year to check it out since last year was so busy! hahaha

turbo addict

Thanks guys. Ill be there and as long as the CSX holds together, it will be there as well.

Hybrid booster

sorry, i dont know much about your car. but whats with the weird wire setup and the SS hoses on the VC?

That's a good question as I'm wondering the same thing. Relocated distributor/coil?

BTW #153, I can't help but realize your location says slut lol....

Hybrid booster

yup. salt lake, ut

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by CSX153 View Post
    sorry, i dont know much about your car. but whats with the weird wire setup and the SS hoses on the VC?
    I am running an SDS stand alone engine management system. I dont use a distributor......im running a crank triggered ignition with coil packs. The SS lines out of the VC run to a catch can for crank case evacuation.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

DC: you may have seen these already, but here's the most recent pics of my CSX.
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26055

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Yeah I saw those and WOW did that stuff bring out the shine in your paint! I'll save them to my CSX folder on my computer and when I get back around to putting up an 89 CSX site again I'll definitely be using those.

What are your guys' thoughts on installing a dual-tipped turbo muffler on an 89 CSX like those that came on SC's and other TM's from the 80s.?

One interesting note, one year ago yesterday I brought my CSX to its new home

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

I think a dual-tipped muffler would look fine on it.

Awww... the 1 year anniversary! My CSX's 1-yr is comming up soon here, too!

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Another 'Where's Waldo' type of search, this time with CSX engine bays. Can you find two noticeable differences here that makes up for a good question --- Did it come like that? See if you can find it. First pic. is of my engine bay (haven't touched it btw, that's exactly as dirty and messy as how I bought it). Second one looks like someone spent some time on it. I never noticed this certain thing until I was looking at the picture really close, and have never seen another CSX with this either.

BTW guys and gal, how many are bringing their CSX's out to SDAC-18!? I want to take some pics. and look over some things for reference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01570.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	499.4 KB 
ID:	8939   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neat Looking CSX Engine Bay.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	310.4 KB 
ID:	8940  

Mitsu booster

Dealer add on cruise control. I would say none came like that from shelby but who knows what dealerships and owners will do. Also none should have an unplugged vac line!

Didn't notice the vac line, but good pickup on the cruise! Some dealerships did some things to these cars that were cool in a sense (as I know I'd like to have cruise control) but they should've left the thing alone how it came from the factory.

Okay, some where's waldo picture differences:

Your CSX: Doesn't have a alarm by the firewall AC outlet.
    The left upper STUD on the AC compressor is a bolt, not a nut like the clean car.
    Cruise Control on his.
    Odd Plastic Ball on the drivers side strut tower on his. IIRC part of the cruise function.

You should ask to take pics of Tim's, I think it's about as close to original as you'll find, AND it's local.
    Last edited by TurbododgePirate; 06-14-2008 at 11:31 AM.

Yeah the big plastic ball on the driver's side strut tower is part of the cruise control, some sort of vacuum piece I believe. I know my buddy and I removed that from his car (Grand Prix) a few years ago and his cruise did not operate correctly until he put it back on.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    Yeah the big plastic ball on the driver's side strut tower is part of the cruise control, some sort of vacuum piece I believe. I know my buddy and I removed that from his car (Grand Prix) a few years ago and his cruise did not operate correctly until he put it back on.
    It's a vacuum reserve canister. The car won't be able go go into boost while the cruise is on if you don't have one with the proper check valve in there also. The cruise will still be (almost)fully functional though.

It was great to see a few of your cars out at SDAC this past week everyone! I took plenty of pics and will post them up once I find the cable!

Never did find the cable to post pics of the CSX's I got out at SDAC. Has anyone done work to their cars here over the summer, considering this thread has died since pre-SDAC? lol.... I know I've done some junkyard scavenging to find some goodies that I'll be adding as surprises to my car that fit perfect with the car since Shadows are rarely seen in our yards anymore. I seriously cannot wait til it's done, muahaha It's going away for winter, but shoudl be able to begin work in the Spring.

turbo addict

I've got my motor back together with 4 brand new Venolias, bearings, HG, and a bunch of other misc parts. Unfortunately, the wiring harness isnt working out for me, so I have to wait until I can get the right parts to complete this harness or get the correct CSX-VNT harness. So, the car is layed up until I can find something.

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast