Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

Re: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

Car sure looks like it'd be a good fixer upper for someone! Glad to hear you were able to get that turbo changed and drive it around a bit. How long have you owned it again? And do you like those pinstripes on the sides of the car and on top of the GFX? Reminds me of the decals for a 89 - 90 Daytona Shelby

Mitsu booster

yeah i don't think there will really be much more to fix up. Car should run just fine once i get it all tuned up. As is it starts right up and idles fine. I've only had it for a few months. Bought it on a whim, when I probably should have just continued to pay down student loans and what not. Right now is not an ideal time for a project car. I don't really mind the pinstripes, they were on the car when I got it, and I imagine it would be a lot of not too necessary work to remove them. I will continue to post updates as I progess. If anyone has more questions feel free to ask

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    And do you like those pinstripes on the sides of the car and on top of the GFX? Reminds me of the decals for a 89 - 90 Daytona Shelby
    i think they're pretty nice actually, my only beef would be that I'd want the thicker stripes on top and have it fade to the thinner stripes on the bottom... these should have been factory IMO

I like the pattern of the lower strobe stripes as well.

Is the plain gray fabric that is found on the sides of our seats/portions of the door panels still available to any extent? If not, is there a close match?

Well the warm weather is on its way. For those of us working on our CSX's and don't have the opportunity to take pics. let's see some of your finished products! 89 CSX pictures are limited on the web, so come on guys, post up some pics. we haven't seen before!

turbo addict

Is the plain gray fabric that is found on the sides of our seats/portions of the door panels still available to any extent? If not, is there a close match?
    call these guys, they might have it

http://www.smsautofabrics.com/

Hybrid booster

Will do Rich, thanks!

153, nice ride man. I love those rims. Do you use those as d.d. rims or what?

Hybrid booster

d.d. ?

turbo addict

daily driver.

nice clean car btw.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Hybrid booster

nah, i use a '94 Shadow for that. but i am driving it more often lately

Anyone remember this car, and if so, anyone from here buy it? What number was it?

I remember that big sale took place durnig my senior year of high school and I wasn't allowed to go out there and buy it. Man was I mad.

ATTENTION STEVE BIRK!

That is actually your car pictured there in my last post. The guy you bought it from had bought it from this lot of TM's. Cool huh? Did you know that?

BTW, OEM and Kaminari front air dams are different, and not just urethane vs. fiberglass. Just FYI, as that's something I'll be watching for when I see a CSX on a showfield from now on since these new repros aren't 100% identical to the originals.

turbo addict

BTW, OEM and Kaminari front air dams are different, and not just urethane vs. fiberglass. Just FYI, as that's something I'll be watching for when I see a CSX on a showfield from now on since these new repros aren't 100% identical to the originals.
    Yeah, I was surprised when I learned about this. Subtle little differences though too, not just the fact that the repros are made of fiberglass and the original ones of urethane.
    Last edited by 85shelbycharger; 05-27-2008 at 12:40 PM.

turbo addict

I know I'm probably in the wrong thread here by mentioning this, but does anyone here know if the harness in the 89 CSX is similar to the 90 shadow VNT. In the 90 it looks almost identical to an 89 SMEC car save for the SBEC and extra wiring for the solenoids. All the relays seem to be in the same spot as an 89 would have.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

It is identical IIRC Joe.

turbo addict

Will do Rich, thanks!

153, nice ride man. I love those rims. Do you use those as d.d. rims or what?

I really like those rims too. They give it a real simple, clean look.

turbo addict

Seeing that barn full of TM's is crazy. Were most of them 89 CSX's?
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast