Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

Mitsu booster

Re: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

I want to sell my csx It hasnt run in well over a year and I just no longer have the want or motivation to work on it right now.

Mitsu booster

My '89 CSX-VNT, car #138, which I bought new (and with both options) still has only 773 miles on it. Still sits cozily inside the living room. Still smiles for being so pampered and non-abused.

It will make all of you smile to also know this -- it's not going to China while I'm still alive!

Some years ago, I was offered a princely sum for one of my Mustang SVO's, in this case the last one made. It sits with three (yes, 3) miles on it and it has never been dealer prepped or titled. Still shows Ford as the owner.

A Japanese investor called me and wanted the car. He collects American turbo stuff, such as Callaway Corvettes, Buick GNX's, SVO's, Grand Nationals, etc. I told him he could offer me a million dollars and I still wouldn't sell it. Infuriated, he wanted to know why. Here goes:

A. The car was built by American hands, in an American factory. It's an American icon. Thus, while I have it, it's going to stay on American soil!

B. Anybody can have money in the bank. I'd rather be known as the owner of a few special cars, instead of some guy with a few dollars in his
    account.

C. Once a car leaves America and goes to a foriegn collection, it rarely comes back.

He finally got the picture. What I DO find ironic is that, by and large, American collectors have overlooked the turbo four cylinder cars and still embrace the gas hog thumper V8 cars. The Japanese and European collectors embrace small displacement cars because fuel has always been expensive there, and they like the idea of high technology with small displacements.

Hope no more Shelby's make the trek to China!!!! Carroll must be rolling in his grave!!!!

Gerry

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwinginACR View Post
    I want to sell my csx It hasnt run in well over a year and I just no longer have the want or motivation to work on it right now.
    Shoot me some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    My '89 CSX-VNT, car #138, which I bought new (and with both options) still has only 773 miles on it. Still sits cozily inside the living room. Still smiles for being so pampered and non-abused.

It will make all of you smile to also know this -- it's not going to China while I'm still alive!

Some years ago, I was offered a princely sum for one of my Mustang SVO's, in this case the last one made. It sits with three (yes, 3) miles on it and it has never been dealer prepped or titled. Still shows Ford as the owner.

A Japanese investor called me and wanted the car. He collects American turbo stuff, such as Callaway Corvettes, Buick GNX's, SVO's, Grand Nationals, etc. I told him he could offer me a million dollars and I still wouldn't sell it. Infuriated, he wanted to know why. Here goes:

A. The car was built by American hands, in an American factory. It's an American icon. Thus, while I have it, it's going to stay on American soil!

B. Anybody can have money in the bank. I'd rather be known as the owner of a few special cars, instead of some guy with a few dollars in his
    account.

C. Once a car leaves America and goes to a foriegn collection, it rarely comes back.

He finally got the picture. What I DO find ironic is that, by and large, American collectors have overlooked the turbo four cylinder cars and still embrace the gas hog thumper V8 cars. The Japanese and European collectors embrace small displacement cars because fuel has always been expensive there, and they like the idea of high technology with small displacements.

Hope no more Shelby's make the trek to China!!!! Carroll must be rolling in his grave!!!!

Gerry
    I really need to visit your home sometime.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs0075's Avatar

G-man, you could charge for admission, I'd love to see it too!!! I'm glad to hear you're keeping your collection intact. In the future your cars will be an invaluable references for those of us doing restorations. You make an interesting observation about the foriegn collectors, I hadn't thought of that, but it does make sense.
    Last edited by glhs0075; 08-18-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Stephen: 1987 GLHS #0075, 1965 Polara 880 convertible
    SDAC National- proud member
    Western Canada SDAC- proud member
    www.wc-tm.com
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!" Number 6

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

You know Gerry since you told me about your car-in-every-room except-the-kitchen-and-bathroom-house a few years back I've always wanted to see it Maybe there will be a tour someday

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Shoot me some pics.

I sent you a pm.

Hybrid booster

Anyone running an A413 in their csx-vnt? just wondering if I am the only one.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Anyone got any info on #371 from AZ? All I know is it was last for sale last November... SoCal Shelby Guy would like to know

Attachment 41126Attachment 41127

From ShelbyForums.com:

October 31st, 2008, 05:53 PM

Thread: what number csx do u have

by 4406

Replies26Views3,161

Sticky: Re: what number csx do u have

dont have anymore but i bought new in 89 csx #371 in tri cities wash.was a small tire,recaro optioned csx.they had 3 on the lot.car was later sold in tucson az in 92.

Previous Craigslist ads:

1989 Shelby CXS-VNT - $4800 (Tucson U of A area)
    Date: 2011-11-29, 5:51PM MST

2nd owner, car has 48xxx original miles. Owned by ex chrysler master tech kept in perfect shape. Paint needs
    to be re done, dealer screwed it up and then closed. Low book is 9k high is 16k so the price includes a
    discount to repaint it. Car is number 371 of 500 and was one of the few cars equipped with the optional
    Recarro seats, registered with SDAC of America. Price includes the 15 in pumpers on the car, 4 16 inch
    Shelby pumpers and 7 FiberRide rims as originally equipped. Also included is a brand new spare VNT and
    engine controller. Mechanically the car is perfect, passed emissions today. No trades, cash only and please
    only contact me if you are serious/no joy rides. Work phone is 520 6 Two 8-5 six 5 one ex 204.

1989 SHELBY CSX-VNT - $6000 (Tucson)
    Date: 2010-08-17, 6:53PM MST

2nd owner car bought in 1991, 48k original miles number 371 of only 500 ever made. Factory equipped with
    Recarro seats, includes brand new spare turbo, PCM and 7 fiber ride wheels, has Mopar Performance cat
    back exhaust and Koni adjustable front struts. Oil changed every 5oo mile with Mobil 1 synth. No financing
    I prefer cash only, title is notarized and car is ready to sell. Amazingly fast and agile, last of it's kind.
    Respond to ad and I will contact you. If you buy this car I will include a DRB2 diagnostic box with all the
    cartridges and the factory 2.2l turbo electronic fuel injection manual with it.

1989 SHELBY CSX-VNT - $7500 (Tucson mid town)

Date: 2010-05-11, 5:19PM MST

This Shelby is number 371 of only 500 ever made. Registered with Shelby Dodge Automobile Club. I am
    the second owner, purchased from original owner in Sept of 1992 with 16k miles. It now has 48k original
    miles. This car was one of the few CSX'S that came equipped from the factory with Reccaro seats. Included
    with the car are 7 factory gold fiber ride wheels (original) and four 16 inch Shelby aluminum pumpers, car
    currently has 15 inch black Shelby pumpers installed. Also included is a brand new OEM variable nozzle
    turbocharger (2500.00 value) and a spare electronic control module (ECM) along with a pair of standard
    chrysler front bucket seats. High book value on this car is over 16000 dollars, It needs to be repainted as
    tucson dodge did a very crappy job on it 5 years ago and then closed their bodyshop (I wonder why?)and it
    needs the turn signal switch replaced (have a new one, goes with the car). Very rare and very collectible
    vehicle, please no lowballers or joy riders, serious buyer only please. Respond to the add with any questions
    and I will get right back to you. If I don't sell here it will go on ebay with a reserve of 9200.00 so act fast!

Hybrid booster

bueller...bueller...bueller...

Quote Originally Posted by turboshelbys View Post
    Anyone running an A413 in their csx-vnt? just wondering if I am the only one.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

I would put money on you being the only one. When i asked around a while back i only heard of one account of ANY vnt/auto car and i dont think it was a csx. Yours is only the 2nd i have heard of. By the time i finish mine, im sure there will be 10 or 20, sigh. lol

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

turbo addict

Any one have a Quaife LSD in their non-VNT 89 CSX?

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
    Any one have a Quaife LSD in their non-VNT 89 CSX?
    I think Bill had one in his.

Hybrid booster

HaHa, I am trying to get it on the dyno soon just to see where its at.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    I would put money on you being the only one. When i asked around a while back i only heard of one account of ANY vnt/auto car and i dont think it was a csx. Yours is only the 2nd i have heard of. By the time i finish mine, im sure there will be 10 or 20, sigh. lol

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Crickey Billy, I dont know how you track that much for sale info but thanks, it does give me some insight into the seller.He was very particular about the care and future ownership of this car. VNT #371 does have a new home in SoCal Because of my divorce status not being finalized, I can't buy anymore cars right now but my *Brother* sure liked this car and had to have it Runs outstanding, AC works, VERY original ( other than Kaminari rear spoiler) just needs paint and TLC for minor stuff like wiper arm bushings and plastic door lock clips. More pics and updates when certain legal issues are settled
    From ShelbyForums.com:[/SIZE]

October 31st, 2008, 05:53 PM

Thread: what number csx do u have

by 4406

Replies26Views3,161

Sticky: Re: what number csx do u have

dont have anymore but i bought new in 89 csx #371 in tri cities wash.was a small tire,recaro optioned csx.they had 3 on the lot.car was later sold in tucson az in 92.

Previous Craigslist ads:

1989 Shelby CXS-VNT - $4800 (Tucson U of A area)
    Date: 2011-11-29, 5:51PM MST

2nd owner, car has 48xxx original miles. Owned by ex chrysler master tech kept in perfect shape. Paint needs
    to be re done, dealer screwed it up and then closed. Low book is 9k high is 16k so the price includes a
    discount to repaint it. Car is number 371 of 500 and was one of the few cars equipped with the optional
    Recarro seats, registered with SDAC of America. Price includes the 15 in pumpers on the car, 4 16 inch
    Shelby pumpers and 7 FiberRide rims as originally equipped. Also included is a brand new spare VNT and
    engine controller. Mechanically the car is perfect, passed emissions today. No trades, cash only and please
    only contact me if you are serious/no joy rides. Work phone is 520 6 Two 8-5 six 5 one ex 204.

1989 SHELBY CSX-VNT - $6000 (Tucson)
    Date: 2010-08-17, 6:53PM MST

2nd owner car bought in 1991, 48k original miles number 371 of only 500 ever made. Factory equipped with
    Recarro seats, includes brand new spare turbo, PCM and 7 fiber ride wheels, has Mopar Performance cat
    back exhaust and Koni adjustable front struts. Oil changed every 5oo mile with Mobil 1 synth. No financing
    I prefer cash only, title is notarized and car is ready to sell. Amazingly fast and agile, last of it's kind.
    Respond to ad and I will contact you. If you buy this car I will include a DRB2 diagnostic box with all the
    cartridges and the factory 2.2l turbo electronic fuel injection manual with it.

1989 SHELBY CSX-VNT - $7500 (Tucson mid town)

Date: 2010-05-11, 5:19PM MST

This Shelby is number 371 of only 500 ever made. Registered with Shelby Dodge Automobile Club. I am
    the second owner, purchased from original owner in Sept of 1992 with 16k miles. It now has 48k original
    miles. This car was one of the few CSX'S that came equipped from the factory with Reccaro seats. Included
    with the car are 7 factory gold fiber ride wheels (original) and four 16 inch Shelby aluminum pumpers, car
    currently has 15 inch black Shelby pumpers installed. Also included is a brand new OEM variable nozzle
    turbocharger (2500.00 value) and a spare electronic control module (ECM) along with a pair of standard
    chrysler front bucket seats. High book value on this car is over 16000 dollars, It needs to be repainted as
    tucson dodge did a very crappy job on it 5 years ago and then closed their bodyshop (I wonder why?)and it
    needs the turn signal switch replaced (have a new one, goes with the car). Very rare and very collectible
    vehicle, please no lowballers or joy riders, serious buyer only please. Respond to the add with any questions
    and I will get right back to you. If I don't sell here it will go on ebay with a reserve of 9200.00 so act fast!

[/QUOTE]

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Tell your brother congrats on the car Alan. I hope he lets you get behind the wheel at least once.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Thats the great thing about brothers. They are always there to be your designated shell company or proxy buyer.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs0075's Avatar

Alan, tell your brother congrats on his new car for me! This brings back some memories, as I was going through my divorce when I bought GLHS #0075.

Stephen: 1987 GLHS #0075, 1965 Polara 880 convertible
    SDAC National- proud member
    Western Canada SDAC- proud member
    www.wc-tm.com
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!" Number 6

Mitsu booster

I have an 89 Shelby CSX, I believe it's #334, been a long time since I looked. I bought it in 94, and drove it daily till about 2003 or so. Started having problems with head gaskets, turbo, CV joint boots, etc. Since then it's been mostly sitting, got the bug recently to start getting it fixed back up. Been reading through lots of forum posts and all that. There is a ton of info out here now about them. I replaced the turbo in about 2004 and it took a lot of work to find the right one. I just replaced the windhsield / headliner last weekend.

It has Recaros and is stock. The main thing it needs is the power steering / rack and pinion rebuilt, A/C, front air dam, and a paint job. It seems to overheat too.

Love the car and am excited about getting it looking good again.

Shawn

Nice to hear from you Shawn! Please post some pics when you get the chance as we'd love to see some images of it.

Quote Originally Posted by csx89 View Post
    I have an 89 Shelby CSX, I believe it's #334, been a long time since I looked. I bought it in 94, and drove it daily till about 2003 or so. Started having problems with head gaskets, turbo, CV joint boots, etc. Since then it's been mostly sitting, got the bug recently to start getting it fixed back up. Been reading through lots of forum posts and all that. There is a ton of info out here now about them. I replaced the turbo in about 2004 and it took a lot of work to find the right one. I just replaced the windhsield / headliner last weekend.

It has Recaros and is stock. The main thing it needs is the power steering / rack and pinion rebuilt, A/C, front air dam, and a paint job. It seems to overheat too.

Love the car and am excited about getting it looking good again.

Shawn
    Welcome to the site!