Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

turbo addict

Re: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

I'm bringing pieces of an '89 CSX. Can I put them on the show field between you guys?? I'll bet I win 1st!! haha

Hybrid booster

YO Cordes. Next Thanksgiving tell your Turkey it's ah dry heat when you throw him in the oven and see how much difference it makes after ah few hours! Never been in the south west this time of year aye? Did yeah know that why they plant plastic flowers in Phoenix? Even the lizzardz don't come out in the day time! Carlisle ain't fun when it's in the 90s either, Jer

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarneycars View Post
    YO Cordes. Next Thanksgiving tell your Turkey it's ah dry heat when you throw him in the oven and see how much difference it makes after ah few hours! Never been in the south west this time of year aye? Did yeah know that why they plant plastic flowers in Phoenix? Even the lizzardz don't come out in the day time! Carlisle ain't fun when it's in the 90s either, Jer
    I actually keep it pretty moist in there while baking the turkey!

Hybrid booster

Basting doesn't count...Too much taning lotion! Better you should fork 'um and let some moisture out!

Resident Nuke Turbo Mopar Contributor denviola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    This will be the second time Unk's car will be at Carlisle within nearly a month. Maybe we can get another newspaper to come take more photos? haha
    The newspaper cover at the Ford nationals was a hoot, some of the Shelby guys thought it was hilarious. I'll have the newspaper on display, as was at SDAC. You are right Bill, it was June 1st at the Ford nationals with Team Shelby. Next time, don't yinz make me so lonesome.....
    It woulda been really special if I had a really nice 89 like you or Troy. Some day I'll get there.
    Posting the picnic info in the events section.
    SDAC Member, Steel City Chapter SDAC Member, SV-SDAC member, SV-TD Member
    www.sv-td.com
    85 600 ES Turbo Conv., 91 Spirit R/T
    2014 RAM Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab Dually. 6.7 CTD, AISIN, 4.10 gear
    68 GS400 (owned since 1973, someday 455)
    2012 Can-AM RT Limited

turbo addict

seen this at a gas station today in my home town. New castle indiana exit 123 off of I-70. Didnt get number on it but it looked like the tow vehical had alaska plates? No plates on the car so it may have been recently aquired

HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Like I said Wes, that'd be a wild sight! BTW, looks like non-recaro car to me, was that the case? Hopefully it's somebody here!

This reminds me of a time a buddy of mine saw an 87 GLHS on a car-hauler at our local wal*mart. He tried asking the truck driver questions about it but no info was ever divulged.

turbo addict
    Looks like the one that was at SDAC with the broken front airdam.

turbo addict

Yes non recaro I could tell from the head rest I never looked inside nobody was around to talk to about the car
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Quote Originally Posted by 85shelbycharger View Post
    That's what I mentioned to Wes when he first PM'ed me about it. It sure looks like ShadowJake's car but I don't think he was selling it or anything like that. Care to jump in Jake?

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

getting ready for paint....does anyone repop the decals for these cars? or, if someone has a complete set of OEM's that I can borrow for a price, I can get some made.

Martin Kolner at Arizona Parts still has OEM ones but he's out of the country for the next few months. I've been told that a company named Stencils and Stripes Unlimited offers them. I've never heard of them nor knew they remade them, but it comes from a reliable source that they can redo the 89 set. If nothing else it's worth a shot!
    Last edited by DC Turismo; 07-19-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Here yinz go, it is true that they offer these decals. Who'd ah thunk? *Notice though, they don't offer the windshield banner*

http://www.stencilsandstripes.com/pr...&plym_misc.asp

Resident Nuke Turbo Mopar Contributor denviola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 85shelbycharger View Post
    Agree, Looks like Jake's (Shadowjake).

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Here yinz go, it is true that they offer these decals. Who'd ah thunk? *Notice though, they don't offer the windshield banner*
    No matter how I say this it is going to come out wrong and maybe ruffle some fenders but here goes:

We have people on this site that pay to be vendors, and I'm not happy that many of us, including myself on occasion recommend other vendors outside of our site instead of the ones that participate on this site. I realize Dave Lucidi is normally slow to get back to inquiries and some of that is unhappiness due to the fact that many time on decal threads he is not the one recommended. There is a list of the basic vendors in the vendor area, and attached herehttp://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...Basic-Vendors!
    SDAC Member, Steel City Chapter SDAC Member, SV-SDAC member, SV-TD Member
    www.sv-td.com
    85 600 ES Turbo Conv., 91 Spirit R/T
    2014 RAM Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab Dually. 6.7 CTD, AISIN, 4.10 gear
    68 GS400 (owned since 1973, someday 455)
    2012 Can-AM RT Limited

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by denviola View Post

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

No matter how I say this it is going to come out wrong and maybe ruffle some fenders but here goes:

We have people on this site that pay to be vendors, and I'm not happy that many of us, including myself on occasion recommend other vendors outside of our site instead of the ones that participate on this site. I realize Dave Lucidi is normally slow to get back to inquiries and some of that is unhappiness due to the fact that many time on decal threads he is not the one recommended. There is a list of the basic vendors in the vendor area, and attached herehttp://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?13342-Our-Basic-Vendors!
    I agree with supporting our vendors, but, According to his profile he hasn't even been on the site since 2010 so i am guessing he no longer is a vendor as that list is 5 years old?? I also will be needing a set of decals soon, i am disassembling my 89 hoping to paint it by September! So if anyone gets a set of decals from anywhere please leave a review here for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by denviola View Post

We have people on this site that pay to be vendors, and I'm not happy that many of us, including myself on occasion recommend other vendors outside of our site instead of the ones that participate on this site. I realize Dave Lucidi is normally slow to get back to inquiries and some of that is unhappiness due to the fact that many time on decal threads he is not the one recommended. There is a list of the basic vendors in the vendor area, and attached herehttp://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...Basic-Vendors!

For starters, I agree with you Denny, we should support our vendors. On the other hand, however, I only mentioned the stencilsandstripes.com website as another option since I just learned about it yesterday. Upon my last conversation with Dave Lucidi, he was hoping to make the 89 decals in the future but had to take measurements first before even developing them. Dave Salamone (Positive Impressions, www.unleashedbyshelby.com), whom I do not believe is a registered vendor here, but nonetheless, upon last reports, is in the middle of moving and as far as I have been told, was not producing any new decals other than what he already had on the shelves. Personally, I've tried contacting him via email and phone about some items and still have yet to hear back. In addition, Martin Kolner, a vendor here as well, still has OEM decals in stock, of which I purchased a full set a few months back. He is currently out of the country though on vacation.

I can say that I worked with Dave Lucidi back when I was President of the SWPA-SDAC to produce the Steel City Chapter's club decals and they turned out awesome, his work is top-notch, and I look forward to putting some sort of order in with him for Outlaws decals at some point. I can also say that my family and friends have used Dave Salamone's products on our cars as well and they are very pleasing to the eye. Again, I wasn't favoring an outside source, but simply providing another option that I thought was interesting considering only 500 of these cars were made, it's cool to know that another company recognizes a restoration market on our cars.

turbo addict

update, i just found out that my dad bought a set from Positive Impressions last week, so he does have some.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    update, i just found out that my dad bought a set from Positive Impressions last week, so he does have some.
    great news! maybe dave's just been busy with the move, who knows lol...

very recently Dave sold me decals for my '86 GLHS so he is still around. As mentioned, he can do decals for our cars but needs dimensions and pics. This is who I was referring to in my above post. If anyone would be willing to let Dave "borrow" an OEM set, Dave can make them for those interested. I just corresponded with him a few days ago so if you have a set and willing to loan it out, please PM me.

That's what I mentioned to Wes when he first PM'ed me about it. It sure looks like ShadowJake's car but I don't think he was selling it or anything like that. Care to jump in Jake?
    Nope, I will never sell my baby. I see the resemblance though ;-)