Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

Re: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

the exhaust manifold is the same as the 90 vnt vehicles. there are only 3 studs on the mainfold and 1 threaded hole.

Well, if you're reading this post, you're welcome, as your CSX just became a little more valuable

This car was junk. Cracked firewall, both floorpans completely rusted, complete hatch floor rusted from inner quarter to inner quarter and spare tire well gone completely. R.I.P. #214... useable parts are on the way to a number of other owners out there as we speak so at least it will live on in spirit!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	csx214rip.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	13875   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	csx214ripb.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	13876  

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    Well, if you're reading this post, you're welcome, as your CSX just became a little more valuable

This car was junk. Cracked firewall, both floorpans completely rusted, complete hatch floor rusted from inner quarter to inner quarter and spare tire well gone completely. R.I.P. #214... useable parts are on the way to a number of other owners out there as we speak so at least it will live on in spirit!
    Not to mention the rear frame rails were shot, rad support hacked up, front windshield frame rusted out. R.I.P. you P.O.S.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 85shelbycharger View Post
    Not to mention the rear frame rails were shot, rad support hacked up, front windshield frame rusted out. R.I.P. you P.O.S.
    I call BS on this and demand proof that it was beyond repair! I think this is just another example of a Lofink Shelby castration.....!

Haha! Actually I don give a fly'in F! Good work fella's!

Hybrid booster

Billy nice shed. You strip to down to the shell wow. Also Thanks!!! Less cars equal higher prices. Less cars for the demand. That is some time in the future. LOL

Mitsu booster

I'm new to this forum but like you, I'm a proud owner of CSX VNT (recently purchased). Since many of you have been doing extensive upgrades under the hood I thought you may be able to shed some light on what I have observed under the hood of my car. I'm trying to determine if my car has been in a slight accident or not. The steel frame on my car running across the front of the car near the top of the radiator (intercooler is directly underneath this frame) seems to have been worked on and the Dodge factory spot welds look like they have been perhaps drilled out and rewelded towards the lift side of the top of the cross frame. This is definitely not automated spot welding. I have looked at several photos of CSX VNT engine bays on the internet and although the resolution of the photos is not great, I think I see similar evidence to what I see on my car. If my car has not been in an accident than I thought the horizontal frame had to be tampered with at the Whittier factory to shoe horn in the Intercooler. Can you see evidence that your cross frame spot welds are not Dodge factory spot welds. Your comments would be much appreciated. Regards Mack

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Butchers! You kept the hood and hatch right? They look ok?

Got pics of the cracked firewall? never saw one, want to know what to look for....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0010.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	13930   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture%20004.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	314.4 KB 
ID:	13931   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture%20005.jpg 
Views:	1031 
Size:	312.9 KB 
ID:	13932  

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

JT

Hatch was extremely rusted and the hood could have been saved but it had a rust hole on the underside that made it not worth keeping.

Did not snap a pic of the cracked firewall and the car is already a tiny cube somewhere. It appears the car hit a pole or something on the front passenger side, kinking the framerail on that side and cracking the firewall. The car sat crooked even!

New guy, if you can get us a pic. we'll def. give you our two cents! Welcome to the board and in case you have not done so, please register your 89 Shelby CSX-VNT on www.shelbyregistry.com, the official Shelby Dodge Registry!

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    I'm new to this forum but like you, I'm a proud owner of CSX VNT (recently purchased). Since many of you have been doing extensive upgrades under the hood I thought you may be able to shed some light on what I have observed under the hood of my car. I'm trying to determine if my car has been in a slight accident or not. The steel frame on my car running across the front of the car near the top of the radiator (intercooler is directly underneath this frame) seems to have been worked on and the Dodge factory spot welds look like they have been perhaps drilled out and rewelded towards the lift side of the top of the cross frame. This is definitely not automated spot welding. I have looked at several photos of CSX VNT engine bays on the internet and although the resolution of the photos is not great, I think I see similar evidence to what I see on my car. If my car has not been in an accident than I thought the horizontal frame had to be tampered with at the Whittier factory to shoe horn in the Intercooler. Can you see evidence that your cross frame spot welds are not Dodge factory spot welds. Your comments would be much appreciated. Regards Mack
    Welcome to the forum!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

JT

Hatch was extremely rusted and the hood could have been saved but it had a rust hole on the underside that made it not worth keeping.

Did not snap a pic of the cracked firewall and the car is already a tiny cube somewhere. It appears the car hit a pole or something on the front passenger side, kinking the framerail on that side and cracking the firewall. The car sat crooked even!
    Ouch!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

turbo addict

So how many are left in the world.... 10?

turbo addict

JT.....whos car is that 16V swap? Looks awesome!!! One of these days, thats on the list for my car when I win the lottery. IS that a hybrid set up or a full 2.4 swap?

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastCSX289 View Post
    JT.....whos car is that 16V swap? Looks awesome!!! One of these days, thats on the list for my car when I win the lottery. IS that a hybrid set up or a full 2.4 swap?
    Ask Billy, he butchered it

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

turbo addict

Don't give Billy all of the credit, I helped tear it apart too!!!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Ask Billy, he butchered it
    Quote Originally Posted by 85shelbycharger View Post
    Don't give Billy all of the credit, I helped tear it apart too!!!
    OK......you guys are gonna have to fill me in on this story.

turbo addict

OK......you guys are gonna have to fill me in on this story.
    To make a long story short -- we bought the car, it was a rusted p.o.s., and we stripped it clean. It is now smashed into a small metal cube and is probably on its way to China.

Billy posted a couple of pictures of the car after we parted it earlier on this page. This car, #214, had the hybrid swap etc. but had a noise in the head according to the guy we bought it from so we never tried to start it up. A lot of the parts are going to be used to put Billy's #414 back together. The hybrid motor is gone and sold already as well.

turbo addict

Gotcha. Looks like the motor was done nicely. Too bad it was making noise.

turbo addict

Gotcha. Looks like the motor was done nicely. Too bad it was making noise.
    Oh yeah, it was a great setup for sure. I have no desire to do a hybrid swap or anything like that though and this is why we decided to sell everything off. Did get me a very sweet transmission from this car though that will find its way into my '85 SC eventually -- 523/568 Cliff Ramsdell hybrid with 3.50 fd and a limited slip

Congratulations to Troy Weishaar for placing First at SDAC-19 with his CSX. It looked great on the showfield Troy! I'm glad you brought it out to share!

turbo addict

Congratulations to Troy Weishaar for placing First at SDAC-19 with his CSX. It looked great on the showfield Troy! I'm glad you brought it out to share!
    I can't take any credit for this... I bought the car like that!