Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

And T-bag's car is an EXCELLENT example of a CSX-VNT too

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    And T-bag's car is an EXCELLENT example of a CSX-VNT too
    The only problem is that I'm kinda scared to drive it much less modify it...

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by turbojerk View Post
    I'll drive it for ya.
    [B]Scott[/B] 86 GLHS #408 88 Shadow ES 92 Spirit R/T 04 SRT-4

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

I got some fiberides on ebay....... if someone needs them....
    later,
    Cindy
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojerk View Post
    I hear that... hard for me to keep anything original, but you kinda gotta on one like that!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Another 89 is about to be flatbedded to its final resting place. Pics to be posted in next couple weeks. Rust kills. I'm getting a number of people hooked up so far with parts from this one. Only real things left for sale that I'm not keeping or aren't sold yet are hood, doors, spoiler, and dashboard if anyone's interested. Shell can be had if anyone is interested in saving it as well.

How bad is this rust really? I mean an original '89 CSX? Some rust is worth saving... dont let the lure of part$ let another one die.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

I'll snap some pics. if I'm down ther today. It's not about the part$, it's the simple fact I have one in way better shape and don't have room to keep an eye sore around lol...

So.... why'd you buy it?

At least offer it up for sale before destroying it... your eyesore is possibly another enthusiasts dream!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

So.... why'd you buy it?

At least offer it up for sale before destroying it... your eyesore is possibly another enthusiasts dream!
    Because it had a number of parts I needed for my car?? What's left over I'm offering for sale.

I plan on giving it one last chance. It'll be a week long ad before it heads to the junkyard. I've seen and read about far better cars getting scrapped so potentially sending this one to the scrapper doesn't phase me.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    .... It's not about the part$...
    Because it had a number of parts I needed for my car?? What's left over I'm offering for sale.
    So which is it? Just giving you a hard time dude... glad you're going to offer the shell up for sale maybe someone more ambitious than you will pick it up

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

So which is it? Just giving you a hard time dude... glad you're going to offer the shell up for sale maybe someone more ambitious than you will pick it up
    Lol no sweat. Main reason was because it had stuff I needed. Secondary to that is rather than a) taking up more space in my garage for spares and b) sending good parts to the jyard why not offer some stuff up for sale to others who may need it. If I didn't already have a CSX project ahead of me then this would be the one I'd have in front of me to work with. Anyway, when the time comes that I offer the shell up for sale then either someone is going to have a new project or the rest of us CSX-VNT owners cars will become a tad bit more valuable with one more off the road.

Anyone have pics of their cars as they are getting ready for spring to finally roll around?!

turbo addict

Anyone have pics of their cars as they are getting ready for spring to finally roll around?!

No pic's but maybe I'll make a point to finish off the title work and order the classic tags for the CSX this week.... Gotta do it eventually I guess!

turbo addict

Lol no sweat. Main reason was because it had stuff I needed. Secondary to that is rather than a) taking up more space in my garage for spares and b) sending good parts to the jyard why not offer some stuff up for sale to others who may need it. If I didn't already have a CSX project ahead of me then this would be the one I'd have in front of me to work with. Anyway, when the time comes that I offer the shell up for sale then either someone is going to have a new project or the rest of us CSX-VNT owners cars will become a tad bit more valuable with one more off the road.

I need the rear seat belts and some misc dash things.....I know its not CSX specific, but it saves me a trip to the boneyard looking for a grey interior shadow (which arent really around anymore) if youre parting it out. LMK what kind of shape the rear belts are in.......not the shoulder harnesses, just the lap parts.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

i need some window scrapers. LOL

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastCSX289 View Post
    I need the rear seat belts and some misc dash things.....I know its not CSX specific, but it saves me a trip to the boneyard looking for a grey interior shadow (which arent really around anymore) if youre parting it out. LMK what kind of shape the rear belts are in.......not the shoulder harnesses, just the lap parts.
    Sean, those are actually one thing I kept for my car since the previous owner used my CSX as the family cruiser with two kids and mine are frayed.

The dash vents were all broke

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeshadowchik View Post
    i need some window scrapers. LOL
    Dont' we all!

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor CNH320's Avatar

Hey, i just picked up 89 CSX #91 a couple weeks ago from gvare001. It is now what i believe to be the only 89 CSX imported to Canada (correct me if i'm wrong...) As i read through this thread from page 1 i see that the thread has been around long enough that 2 previous owners of this car have already posted up about it! Anyways, i just plan to drive the car for now so i can give my SRT-4 some rest from its daily commute. Theres been some repair work done to the right side but thanks to the previous owners, its in very good shape with just over 93k on it. I need to work on the headliner and a few other minor things this summer. I'll post up some recent pics soon. Oh, and yes i need window scrapers as well...
    -Chris H
    1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #91 E85 Powered
    2012 Dodge Charger SRT8

Shelby Dodge Auto Club National Member

SDAC Great Lakes Chapter & SDAC Ontario Chapter Member

Sweet!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

turbo addict

Sean, those are actually one thing I kept for my car since the previous owner used my CSX as the family cruiser with two kids and mine are frayed.

The dash vents were all broke
    Crap. Well, maybe if I dont have any belts by SDAC, ill have you bring your old ones out, if you would? Im really just looking for something that I can strap my son's car seat in the back with. Ill probably go hunt some boneyards before then, but if I cant find them.....