Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

Looks pretty good Steve. Keep us updated with pics as you do the floor. Those are always interesting to see.

Garrett booster

Well I hated haveing to do it but I've started to part out my CSX # 461. While dismantling it for restoration I discovered severe damage to the core of the body. It was hit hard in the driver door at the hinges, compressing the fire wall and buckling the floorboard. A door mounted without all the shims someone Bondo'd into the area where the hinges mount leaves about an inch gap along the top of the window frame! This along with both rear quarters hit in multiple places, and other various dents here and there just made it to expensive to save. At least its parts can help make some other savable cars closer to being restored.

If you need any parts for your cars please PM me I want other CSX VNT owners to have first chance at these parts. Before I gave up I had collected every part for the car accept the fibrerides. DCturismo bought the dash plaque, and has interest in the center radio/gauge bezel. SteveB bought the horn button, floor mats, and has dibbs on a few other miscellaneous items. 1fastcsx289 has interest in the engine harness and boost gauge. Other than that everything else is available, it was a non Recaro car.

Regards
    Pat

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

figured I'd share the most recent photo of the CSX... about 2 days ago...

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Hybrid booster

I have a question. Is the cowl area suppose to be flat black? That is the area were the wiper motor and wiper fluid tank is. I am going to repaint it.
    Thanks

Steve

I have seen both black and red in that area. My thinking though is that it was black. Reason being they wanted all of that cowl area to be concealed underneath that plastic cover, so with it being black, its hidden best.... just my $.02

Pat, whenver you get the chance please do email me the pics of that center bezel area! It's sad to see one of these cars go, but at least the parts are going to help fellow CSX's live on! It's pretty stand up of you to say the least in regards to offering these to guys in the community who could use the stuff more than just random eBayers.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    Pat, whenver you get the chance please do email me the pics of that center bezel area! It's sad to see one of these cars go, but at least the parts are going to help fellow CSX's live on! It's pretty stand up of you to say the least in regards to offering these to guys in the community who could use the stuff more than just random eBayers.
    +1 !!!!

Man, I wish this came about when I had more cash and didnt just blow up my engine! PM sent, CSX461. Thanks!

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

I totally agree with the above comments...although I feel really bad for Pat.

On another note, are you guys sure that the VNT cars had the "mobil one" badge in the engine compartment like the S cars did? Im hearing arguments on both sides these days.

Mitsu booster

Hey guys, I have car 477. I just found this thread a couple days ago and heres my car.

Quote Originally Posted by CSXVNT461 View Post
    Well I hated haveing to do it but I've started to part out my CSX # 461. While dismantling it for restoration I discovered severe damage to the core of the body. It was hit hard in the driver door at the hinges, compressing the fire wall and buckling the floorboard. A door mounted without all the shims someone Bondo'd into the area where the hinges mount leaves about an inch gap along the top of the window frame! This along with both rear quarters hit in multiple places, and other various dents here and there just made it to expensive to save. At least its parts can help make some other savable cars closer to being restored.

If you need any parts for your cars please PM me I want other CSX VNT owners to have first chance at these parts. Before I gave up I had collected every part for the car accept the fibrerides. DCturismo bought the dash plaque, and has interest in the center radio/gauge bezel. SteveB bought the horn button, floor mats, and has dibbs on a few other miscellaneous items. 1fastcsx289 has interest in the engine harness and boost gauge. Other than that everything else is available, it was a non Recaro car.

Regards
    Pat
    Do you have side skirts?

He does actually, and I have a front air dam for you!

Welcome to the thread. Is your car a recaro or non-recaro car? How many miles? What have you done to it so far? Most importantly, have you registered it at the official registry --- www.shelbyregistry.com

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

DC, thought you got rid of that front air dam.......your still selling one? price please.

Garrett booster

Thanks guys It really was hard to give up on it, and I still want to get another one some day. SwinginACR nice ride wanna sell it? lol

PM's sent..

Mitsu booster

Welcome to the thread. Is your car a recaro or non-recaro car? How many miles? What have you done to it so far? Most importantly, have you registered it at the official registry --- www.shelbyregistry.com
    No its not a recaro car, It now has about 78,000 miles, im not 100% because the srt rims throw off the odometer. I need an airdam also but would rather try for the skirts right now since these would be the first set Ive seen up for sale since I got the car. Is yours an original or a Kaminari? And I registered somewher awhile back but not sure if thats where, Ill have to look into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CSXVNT461 View Post
    Thanks guys It really was hard to give up on it, and I still want to get another one some day. SwinginACR nice ride wanna sell it? lol

PM's sent..
    Sorry, but I dont want to sell it but I know where another one is and it will be up for sale here sooner or later, I have no idea how much. Its a reacaro car, # like 177 or somewhere in there, has skirts but no bumpers and dosnt run. I am interested in the skirts though.

Mitsu booster

Took a look and yes ive registerd.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

csxvnt461: nice 2 meet you! just got back from your place like 20 mins ago! and now the fun of unloading parts..... LOL!

...still sad to see one of these cars get parted tho. good luck with the new one! post pics when u get it asap!
    Last edited by dodgeshadowchik; 08-24-2008 at 12:00 PM.

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by SwinginACR View Post
    Hey guys, I have car 477. I just found this thread a couple days ago and heres my car.
    That looks kik azz!!! Ever considered painting the wheels gold??

Oh yeah, I recently bought a CSX too.....

T-unit's joined us!

turbo addict

Welcome (even though I'm not technically in it) to the CSX-VNT owner's club, T-Unit!!!

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbojerk View Post
    That looks kik azz!!! Ever considered painting the wheels gold??

Oh yeah, I recently bought a CSX too.....
    Well actually, I thought about it because the gold looked good on the car but I have two good acr bbs rims from my srt and I decided I would try and find two more and do them in gold to go on the car. The stock srts rub when I turn to tight and if I go off an incline at an angle their hittin something in the front fenders, I just havnt figured out what yet.

Garrett booster

89 CSX-VNT 135 lives with me here in Maryland. Just a hair over 50k original miles, garage stored, and I probably (unfortunately) haven't even pulled the cover off it in 2 years. Been working and playing with motorcycles the last five years or so, and the TD's have unfortunately fallen dormant (although protected and indoors .

Originally bought from Roger Crawford, pristine condition, 2 option (still has OEM gatorbacks on it, but I think they're too dryrotted to drive any distance on so street tires are on gold 6.5" crabs), documented car with all manuals and window sticker. Autographed by Carroll in 2001 at VIR. Have the numbers matching block in the garage (as well as all original parts that have been removed), car currently has an early 2.2 turbo block, ported/polished G head, Ed Peters ceramic coated intake, +40s, S60 VNT turbo, UDP, and 2.5" exhaust. Oh, and a bulge hood *with* C/S emissions label and gold diecut "Intercooled VNT" decals on the bulge

The only issue with the car is a just-starting to droop headliner, and my unfortunate neglect of such an awesome car. Come January '09 it qualifies for Historic tags in Maryland, so I'll tag it and put some miles on it once in a while, I promise

Racer

I'd like to see pics of the car with the bulged hood on it. !

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast