Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

Re: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

I'll keep an eye out for you man.

I got my CSX running for the first time since I acquired ownership of it! Turns out there was rust in the metal fuel lines from the bad gas tank/fuel pump that were on the car previously. So I just ran a rubber fuel hose from the good used tank I put up under there directly to the fuel line. The tank is equipped with an 89 Daytona Shelby fuel pump. WALA. She fired right up! I was mad I didn't have my video camera on me though to record the moment, but oh well. I'm just thrilled that I got to hear it run. It hasn't ran since November 2001!!!!!!! I plan on videotaping it running some tomorrow though and throwing a clip of it up on youtube.com to share with you guys if you're interested. Just wanted to share my excitement!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    I got my CSX running for the first time since I acquired ownership of it! Turns out there was rust in the metal fuel lines from the bad gas tank/fuel pump that were on the car previously. So I just ran a rubber fuel hose from the good used tank I put up under there directly to the fuel line. The tank is equipped with an 89 Daytona Shelby fuel pump. WALA. She fired right up! I was mad I didn't have my video camera on me though to record the moment, but oh well. I'm just thrilled that I got to hear it run. It hasn't ran since November 2001!!!!!!! I plan on videotaping it running some tomorrow though and throwing a clip of it up on youtube.com to share with you guys if you're interested. Just wanted to share my excitement!
    Congrats man! That is big. Its a great feeling to get something going that has been down for so long. Nice work.

Heck yeah man, especially after getting it home in June 07 and not being able to do anything other than stare at it in the driveway. At least now I can drive it in and out of the driveway!

I was fearful that upon starting it I'd hear a rod knock or something, but this thing is quiet as any could imagine. A slight squeak from a loose timing belt, but it's a good feeling to know I won't be having to search out any mysterious problems engine wise. Just fuel line

turbo addict

Just fuel line

Cake. Sounds like you got off pretty easy. A little clean up, some paint, detailing, etc......that thing will be one awesome car.

turbo addict

It runs. Yay! Now you can help me finish my car

turbo addict

Way to go man! Good job and I gotta give you props for being patient until you could work on it. Theres a company out there that will copy any lines you give them in pre-bent stainless if you like. That would be sweet if you could go that route and then other VNT owners as well as I imagine shadow owners would be able to have stainless lines. Sounds like a group buy to me I'd be in to replace the old lines on my mom's VNT car. No I don't own a CSX-VNT but they are definitely beginning to grow on me.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Thanks man. Yeah I'm going to go the stainless steel line route. Not sure if I'm going to try to find pre-bent ones or just bend them myself. My dad has bent lines in the past for his cars (we have the tools for it and everything, so chances are I'll just by a roll of that line and bend it as needed.

Vid coming tonight!

The more and more I think about my CSX the more and more I want to do whatever the heck I please with it and I'm pretty sure that is the route I'm going to take after hours of pondering. Two things I am debating about are power windows and a tilt column... What are your thoughts on that?

BTW, does anyone have a source who is reproducing the underhood CS vacuum diagrams?

Haven't gotten my video uploaded because I have to reinstall the firewire card thing in my computer. Pat and I drove it around the block today though. VNT turbo sure does sound nice spooling up!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Power windows and tilt column are three more things to go wrong.

That's only two cordes lol...

It's just a thought... who knows what will come about. Thinking outloud I guess No matter what it will be a surprise when it is all said and done.
    Last edited by DC Turismo; 08-01-2008 at 12:47 AM.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

That's only two cordes lol...

It's just a thought... who knows what will come about. Thinking outloud I guess No matter what it will be a surprise when it is all said and done.
    TWO windows, and the column.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    TWO windows, and the column.
    Gotcha. Thought you meant to say two mods.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

I have a couple questions for all CSX-VNT owners:

On your registration, what does it say? Does it say '89 shelby CSX

or does it say '89 dodge shadow shelby CSX

or something else? I thought the whittier cars were all titled as "shelby's" and not Dodge's?!

my other question is how are you guys insuring these cars? I have triple A insurance. Right now, if the car was wrecked, they would give me the same amount as an '89 turbo 1 shadow!! I they do not consider a car to be a "classic" or collectors item unless its an '88 and earlier!!

Curious to know how other insurance companies look at the CSX as far as its worth.

My title says 1989 Dodge Shadow. I tried rewriting it when I had the car transferred to me as 1989 Shelby CSX but of course the state didn't grant my wish. I still would like to pursue it and get it titled as a Shelby, but that's not really a top priority right now since I'm the only one to see the title anyways. I have been told that you can fight this though by taking pictures of the car from all angles and up close shots of the b-pillar Shelby decal, the engine bay tags and vacuum diagram, the interior dash plaques, the seats, and all decals. Even teh Shelby embossment on the fiberides. This should be done to show at no point on the car does it say Dodge. It was a Dodge Shadow, but built by Carroll Shelby as a CSX, being completely revamped.

These cars were supposed to have been titled as Shelby's not Dodges, and I was informed about that by a very reliable source.

I have all of the production numbers on file to show how rare your car is, and would showing them NADA values along with pictures of your car. Also, there used to be an insurance thread on here that ScottD from MD had posted I believe on how to go about insuring a Shelby automobile to get the most for your buck if something were to unfortunately happen.

turbo addict

Mine is titled as a Shadow also. I have it insured through Grundy for about 8500. Full collector car insurance......low deductable and its less than 300 a year for two of my vehicles.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

is your other car thats insured with Grundy a collectible as well?

Hybrid booster

I thought I would do a up date on my CSX. I got the dash harness replaced and the dash back in. I was going to clean up the interior and get it ready for a show. But I removed the carpet and didn't liked what I saw. I got a few places of rust through. I then desided not to go to the show. I want to fix the floor before I put it back together. I got a replacement floor from 461. So when the weather cools down I will weld it in. Here are some pictures of the car.

Last edited by STEVE B; 08-06-2008 at 04:33 PM.

Hybrid booster

Also here is the hood I making for it. I got the idea from a 1970 Shelby Mustang. I still have to mold it in.

Hybrid booster

Here is the other picture.

Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast