Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

Re: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

#144 will be there

and I found this while searching recently: http://www.generationhighoutput.com/...helby-csx-vnt/

and a beautiful example of one here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/carphot...n/photostream/
    with a few others too Nice job Will and Tim C!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/carphot...n/photostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/carphot...n/photostream/

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

heres a dumb question. Had my car at the muffler shop today on the lift and the pipe right up until it hits the cat (front of the car going toward the back) is 2 1/2. Cat is 2 1/4 and then 2 1/4 almost all the way back until before the muffler begins, it gets even smaller (like 2 1/8 maybe?) the car is supposed to be stock.......but that 2 1/2 area........is that stock?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    heres a dumb question. Had my car at the muffler shop today on the lift and the pipe right up until it hits the cat (front of the car going toward the back) is 2 1/2. Cat is 2 1/4 and then 2 1/4 almost all the way back until before the muffler begins, it gets even smaller (like 2 1/8 maybe?) the car is supposed to be stock.......but that 2 1/2 area........is that stock?
    From what I remember that is exactly how they came from the factory in 89'

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Yep. That's why the '89 TII Garretts are the most sought after. They were the only ones to have the 2.5" O2 housing to match the 2.5" downpipe. The VNT turbos of course are completely different.

Hybrid booster

Does anybody know the Shelby Number of this 1989 CSX? The license plate # is Ohio FIM 8755, and the picture was taken July 12th or 13th in Dublin, Ohio at the Arthritis Foundation Car Show:

turbo addict

Pretty sure that's #212. Belongs to Jan (jans6pkrt).

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Did any of these cars come with cruise? Did any of them have a tilt wheel in there? I felt like I was mating with Jon's car when I drove it back from the airport a couple of weeks ago.

Cordes

Some dealers added cruise, but Ive never seen tilt in one (as they did not come with it factory). Why dont you get his from him? He's too cool for P-bodies now since getting that yellow Lbody haha

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    Cordes

Some dealers added cruise, but Ive never seen tilt in one (as they did not come with it factory). Why dont you get his from him? He's too cool for P-bodies now since getting that yellow Lbody haha
    I'm on the lookout for a nice P body, but I think I'm going to wait for one to pop up that's a killer deal and doesn't need much to take to a show or autocross. I've got too many projects on my hands as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    Cordes

Yeah, well you think you're too cool for school. But I gotta new flash for you Walter Cronkite.......you aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I'm on the lookout for a nice P body, but I think I'm going to wait for one to pop up that's a killer deal and doesn't need much to take to a show or autocross. I've got too many projects on my hands as it is.
    Come on!! Just ONE more project? This one is rust free.....??!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

thats funny

Hey my first post here I purchased a 1989 Shelby Csx #315 from the original owner about 3 weeks ago. It had been sitting in his garage for over 10 years untouched. I got it running it needs a couple things it was a mild custom in the 90's I guess painting dash bezels was cool for some folks. It does not have the fiberrides but everything else is there except I need some help I don't think these came with the bubble hood.. Anyway Im really enjoying the car I work in parts for a Dodge dealer its amazing to see what parts are still out there for these little cars.. Well Im sure I will be back just wanted to let people know #315 is doing great....

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sowardcustoms View Post
    Hey my first post here I purchased a 1989 Shelby Csx #315 from the original owner about 3 weeks ago. It had been sitting in his garage for over 10 years untouched. I got it running it needs a couple things it was a mild custom in the 90's I guess painting dash bezels was cool for some folks. It does not have the fiberrides but everything else is there except I need some help I don't think these came with the bubble hood.. Anyway Im really enjoying the car I work in parts for a Dodge dealer its amazing to see what parts are still out there for these little cars.. Well Im sure I will be back just wanted to let people know #315 is doing great....
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new toy!

Got any pics?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Welcome aboard!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs0075's Avatar

Welcome and congratulations! You are correct, 89's did NOT come with the turbo bulge hood.

Stephen: 1987 GLHS #0075, 1965 Polara 880 convertible
    SDAC National- proud member
    Western Canada SDAC- proud member
    www.wc-tm.com
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!" Number 6

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Great first post,another 'barn find' CSX welcome What kind of customs does Soward do? Just curious

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Mine had the same customization done to it. Every part that was smaller than a quarter was painted red. I replaced the majority of the parts but I still need to find a few. I wrote down the part #s of them plus the other dash parts that were modified, but haven't gotten them to my "guy" to check availability and price yet. I had high hopes of getting #205 ready for SDAC next year but I don't think I'll have the time to do a proper restoration so I'm probably going to do what I can to get it ready as is and bring it. I may get the motor done and installed as I have to pull the trans to check the TOB/input shaft bearing anyway. I have a bit of a whine when the clutch is out in neutral. Hopefully it's not in the trans. I may end up dropping a spare engine/trans in if I don't have time to get it together before the show next year but that sounds like a lot of work as well. As long as my new shop gets built before the snow flies and I can get the 87 and 89 over there in storage I can start on the CSX. Here's a question for the CSX Purists. I have a bulge hood on the CSX, I like the look much better than the flat hood but I'm planning on restoring the rest of the car to stock. What's your vote, Stock flat hood or Turbo bulge hood. I'm going to paint them both but I'm not sure which one to put on when it goes to SDAC next year.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

IMO the bulge is the hood they shoulda had, not the flat Plymouth Sundance hood

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Yeah, I never understood that. Every other turbo'd Shadow got the bulge hood, and most of the V6 cars too, but the CSX-VNT got stiffed?

Thanks I'm a regular on other forums I also have a 4-6 dropped 2013 Ram R/T as well as other (projects).. Sowardcustoms was actually just a shop I leased about 10 years ago to do suspension work airbag installs but that never happened.. All I really did was repair work a couple engine installs but life happened and it never made it passed my year lease.. But I still use the name so I can keep with my logins.. Not sure how long I will have the car might have to release it back into the wild soon I will post pics later today would love to keep it but I dont really have the room to keep it out of the elements...