Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

turbo addict

Re: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

Well guys, I still own #179, but there isnt much CSX left... No one wanted to buy it so I decided to sell all its shelby bits, I have a few items left but not much. I am keeping the rest of the car together. I put a new motor in it a couple years ago (still under 1k thou, lol) and plan on building a streetable drag car out of it. I will be swapping the susp from the CSX into my 88 ES down the road, and *gasp* doing some weight reduction that will require cutting. My goal is to get it into the 12's with a essentially stock T2 motor and IC. After that, who knows. I am torn between a 2.4 swap, or a built 8v. Really leaning towards a 2.4 though. I hate to "kill" the car, but at least it wont become chinese toasters!

Garrett booster

pm sent.
    thanks.

PM sent as well.

turbo addict

Well, I've joined the club #299 here checking in. Recaro car and restoration project. Woo...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41411 058.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	307.8 KB 
ID:	30309Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41411 020.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	530.0 KB 
ID:	30308Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41411 017.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	515.8 KB 
ID:	30310

Hybrid booster

neat. looks like its been sitting awhile, whats the story on that one ?

turbo addict

How much did the thumb run ya?

Garrett booster

Any chance there's a spare vnt grill and/or rear wing available from someone on this owners thread?
    I'm trying to get ready for SDAC-Chicago
    Please PM me.
    Steve
    #467 Regular
    #339 Recaro
    #237 W I D E & Recaro
    and 87 #331 (just to be different)

Wondering if anyone has found the factory foglight wiring plug behind their dashboard? I know Troy (turbojerk) found the wiring in #382. I was looking and digging around in #212 today and can't seem to locate it. I know when I had my 94 Sundance I popped the defrost switch out and the foglight plug was sitting right there next to it, so I'm thinking #212 doesn't have the plug. Can anyone else let me know though if they found the plug in theirs somewhere? Troy said his was tucked up in the dash. I do want to add that the foglight plugs are attached to the bottom of the rad. support though.

turbo addict

It's there,... keep digging!

turbo addict

Ive pulled apart countless p-bodies, there seems to be 2 types of dash harness, one with all the plugs and room for options and one base. all turbo cars have the option rich one in my experience. I had a 89 base 4 door turbo shadow. zero options but the good harness with all the provisions.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    Wondering if anyone has found the factory foglight wiring plug behind their dashboard? I know Troy (turbojerk) found the wiring in #382. I was looking and digging around in #212 today and can't seem to locate it. I know when I had my 94 Sundance I popped the defrost switch out and the foglight plug was sitting right there next to it, so I'm thinking #212 doesn't have the plug. Can anyone else let me know though if they found the plug in theirs somewhere? Troy said his was tucked up in the dash. I do want to add that the foglight plugs are attached to the bottom of the rad. support though.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

I'll keep digging then!

Found it today! It was situated towards the glove box side of the dash and the plug end was wrapped in that gray foam so it kinda blended in wish other parts behind the dash.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor CNH320's Avatar

So all you have to do is plug that into a factory switch bezel and plug in some fog lamps up front and all's good?
    -Chris H
    1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #91 E85 Powered
    2012 Dodge Charger SRT8

Shelby Dodge Auto Club National Member

SDAC Great Lakes Chapter & SDAC Ontario Chapter Member

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by CNH320 View Post
    So all you have to do is plug that into a factory switch bezel and plug in some fog lamps up front and all's good?
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by raccoon View Post
    Ive pulled apart countless p-bodies, there seems to be 2 types of dash harness, one with all the plugs and room for options and one base. all turbo cars have the option rich one in my experience. I had a 89 base 4 door turbo shadow. zero options but the good harness with all the provisions.
    So by that reasoning, an 88 CSX T should have the plugs?
    Save an old turbo mopar for a rainy day. “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” --Henry Ford

Just got back from a 12 hour round trip to the state of Indiana where I picked up #144 today, all original car (minus front air dam and one center cap), garage kept, window sticker and all! This thing is cherry and rides like a dream. Probably the quietest TD I've ever heard in my life. Will get some more pics. up in the near future once I get her all detailed and what not. Add another one as found for the Shelby Registry (previously was not registered). WOO! I had been looking for this particular car for a number of years and here it just so happened to pop up on Craigslist on June 29 and the rest is history!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0713111533.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	32452

turbo addict

Just got back from a 12 hour round trip to the state of Indiana where I picked up #144 today, all original car (minus front air dam and one center cap), garage kept, window sticker and all! This thing is cherry and rides like a dream. Probably the quietest TD I've ever heard in my life. Will get some more pics. up in the near future once I get her all detailed and what not. Add another one as found for the Shelby Registry (previously was not registered). WOO! I had been looking for this particular car for a number of years and here it just so happened to pop up on Craigslist on June 29 and the rest is history!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0713111533.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	32452
    You picked that up in fort wayne. I was about to post up a for sale thread. Friend of mine works with the owner trying to sell it. What did you end up giving for it?

Yep, that'd be the one! Sorry but that's between me and the seller, there's no reason to throw that info out there. He was an awesome guy to work with and I am extremely thankful that I was able to get it.

turbo addict

Yep, that'd be the one! Sorry but that's between me and the seller, there's no reason to throw that info out there. He was an awesome guy to work with and I am extremely thankful that I was able to get it.
    I only ask because I knew what he was willing to let go of it for to a person that would enjoy it. I never did get a chance to see it in person but heard it was very nice. I told some few people at SDAC but nobody seemed interested. Congrats on the purchase! Its rare to find a nice car around here.

I hear ya, no worries! That's just something he preferred to keep between us. He was comfortable in knowing it was going to a good home, and it was much nicer than I anticipated to be truthful. He mentioned to me that he spoke to someone from the area to advertise it at SDAC but just as you said he never heard anything out of it (I never heard about it at SDAC, just on Craigslist). I wish I'd have realized you were relatively close to him, I'd have talked with you beforehand and lugged my recaros out to you since I was out there to have you redo them for me. It was a nice trip though so someday down the road I'll cruise back out there and meet up with ya once my #414 is closer to being done.