Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

turbo addict

Re: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    And that was without a G-valve or Stage'd SBEC?
    Yes. This is supposedly common on the VNT's. They have trouble controlling the boost once its modded.

Nice pics BTW. Thats a serious score. Strange that at 16k, the car is missing the gfx. I mean, if I cracked up a car with only 16k on it, I would file a claim and have it fixed. Weird that the owner just stripped them off and that was that.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

DC: Ah, i see! Mine needed it because the old one was rotted out. It sounds pretty nice. I got mine from FWD performance. 2.5" cat and 2.5" exhaust and muffler. I have a video of it running to you want to see (hear) it. I haven't had any problems running this on the car.

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

how can you tell if your car had the wide tire option?

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastCSX289 View Post
    Yes. This is supposedly common on the VNT's. They have trouble controlling the boost once its modded.

Nice pics BTW. Thats a serious score. Strange that at 16k, the car is missing the gfx. I mean, if I cracked up a car with only 16k on it, I would file a claim and have it fixed. Weird that the owner just stripped them off and that was that.
    Thanks for the info on the exhaust Sean. What is done to your's exhaust wise and how in your opinion does it run?

As for the GFX, the original owner traded the car in with both air dams intact. That was in 1991 or 1992. My guess is that after sitting on the lot until 1993 and still not having a buyer, that dealership sent it to the auto auction where the second owner bought it. He told me that both air dams were missing at the time he purchased it from there, which points towards a towing incident when the car was transported from the dealership to the auction? I'm definitely excited about the pics though

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeshadowchik View Post
    DC: Ah, i see! Mine needed it because the old one was rotted out. It sounds pretty nice. I got mine from FWD performance. 2.5" cat and 2.5" exhaust and muffler. I have a video of it running to you want to see (hear) it. I haven't had any problems running this on the car.
    Have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by bluneon View Post
    how can you tell if your car had the wide tire option?
    Look at the upper sticker on the inside of the driver's door, and if the tire size reads 225x50r15 then your car is the wide tire option car. If the tire size is listed as 195x60R15 then your's is the standard tire size car.

In addition, you can find someone with a master VIN list and they can tell you by your VIN if your's was a wide tire option car or not too.

turbo addict

What is done to your's exhaust wise and how in your opinion does it run?
    Im not running a vnt. I am running a GT30R with tubular header, external wastegate, and 3" exhaust. And it runs good!

Oh how I'd love to redo my car in bonzai blue like the prototype. If only I wouldn't be ruining a numbered car by doing so

Anyone see this pic. on the 'net before?

Yuck. Fugly --- mirrors, and the black paint matched with gold pizza wheels is
    Last edited by DC Turismo; 02-17-2008 at 03:17 AM.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Never seen that picture before. Makes you wonder why.

That came off of a Spanish site.... Any of these make it into Mexico you think (not originally sold there, but second or third hand)?

DC: I haven't uploaded the video of the car running yet. I will and then send you the link. I have one of it at the track, but the sound of the firebird kicking my arse overpowers my car.

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

here's the link:
    its a pretty large file, too.
    www.miswiredcarbonunit.com/shelbyshots.mov

i'd say just download it, as I don't know if it'll play over the net due to size.

No problem. One thing I can't wait for when my car is done is to take it to all kinds of scenic spots and get some nice pics of it from every angle. Pics of these are so limited online it seems

turbo addict

I am about to have a couple more rear air dams made.
    If there is anyone interested in one, let me know real soon.

Look here.......
    http://polybushings.com/pages/CSX.rearSkirt.html

Johnny
    PolyBushings.com
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Your product is awesome Johnny! Very well done.

Now when are you going to do the rockers?!

No problem. One thing I can't wait for when my car is done is to take it to all kinds of scenic spots and get some nice pics of it from every angle. Pics of these are so limited online it seems
    Oh, once I get my DSLR... there WILL be lots of pictures of Shelby CSX's and other shelby cars. I'm going to make sure of it!

Steve B

When are you going to re-register your CSX on shelbyregistry.com to get it out of Knox's name?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Steve B

When are you going to re-register your CSX on shelbyregistry.com to get it out of Knox's name?
    Please do it ASAP!

Bump from the depths of Page 2!

Hopefully the owner of #226 will be posting within our thread here soon to give us the inside scoop on his/her car!

Here's a monthly bump. With springtime coming around fast, what's everyone have planned to do with their CSX's? I know I would like to get a gas tank back up underneath mine with a known-to-work fuel pump to finally get it started!

Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast