Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1079

Thread: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: The Shelby CSX-VNT Owner's Thread

I’m thinking the vanes must be stuck. The little pins can break and perhaps nough of them are in the wrong position that you can’t get less boost. I don’t see any other way at this point.

Good call on all the maintenance. Are planning to take the car to sdac?

Mitsu booster

Pressure side power steering hose! Sooo easy to swap it out when the head or engine are out.

Mitsu booster

[/video]
    Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I’m thinking the vanes must be stuck. The little pins can break and perhaps nough of them are in the wrong position that you can’t get less boost. I don’t see any other way at this point.

Good call on all the maintenance. Are planning to take the car to sdac?
    Sadly I wont be able to attend SDAC. I am hoping for next year providing we don't have any family stuff going on like weddings etc.... When they are way up North, I have a bit of drive from FL so hopefully they can move one to a location a little more central like TN.a

Here is both of my cars at their first side-by-side car showing from this past weekend.

Wow. That’s a beautiful shot. I’m hoping for another Cincinnati location next year. I had a blast at the last one held there. You could always put together a proposal for Tampa. We have friends there, so that would be an awesome one for us too.

Keep us updated on what you find. I’m really interested to see what the problem with this is.

Mitsu booster

Wow. That’s a beautiful shot. I’m hoping for another Cincinnati location next year. I had a blast at the last one held there. You could always put together a proposal for Tampa. We have friends there, so that would be an awesome one for us too.

Keep us updated on what you find. I’m really interested to see what the problem with this is.

No real meaningful progress yet. I have basically stripped the engine and trans in preparation for their removal hopefully the weekend of the 4th. Down to just hood, shifter cables, powers tearing pump, two fuel lines to the fuel rail, and pull the drive axles. Once those are out I hope to get that turbo off and get a better look at it. New VNT and rebuilt.trans along with all new clutch parts waiting to go back on. Will also take advantage of the engine out to replace both front and rear main seals, clean up the engine, clean up the engine bay, and either replace or rebuild my steering rack. The rack intermittently pukes where the steering column joins the top of the rack. I already have a new rack, so may just throw that one in and then send the OE rack out for a rebuild.

So in a nut shell, I hope to know more in about two weeks.

Sounds like you will know all about it when the time comes. I’m looking forward to seeing the results.

Mitsu booster

Engine and trans are out of 102. First time ever pulling an engine and have to say it went pretty easy.

Pulled the turbo off along with the trans, clutch assembly and flywheel and engine now on a stand. Still need to pull my leaking steering rack and good engine bay clean up while the engine and trans are out. I have not taken the turbo part to see what's up, but eventually I will as I need to swap the actuator and bracket over to the new turbo.

Have a rebuilt 555 and NOS VNT25 waiting to go back in along with a new clutch kit. Waiting for the usual leaking engine seals to come in as I am going to replace the front and rear main seals along with the oil pan gasket..

Shooting for Labor day weekend to get it all back together and on the road.
    Last edited by GLHS564; 07-04-2022 at 10:45 PM.

Sounds a lot smoother than my first engine removal. Thanks for the update

Hybrid booster

i just installed a set of stainless hardlines from inline tube on my csx, spec'd for a daytona but they fit well, only thing missing was the lines that go on the rear axle and for some reason they sent extra engine bay lines. im gonna be working on geting the fuel lines reproduced by them so if anyone else needs some they might be avalible soon if it works out

Mitsu booster

Took the OG turbine scroll off and found the vanes carboned up to the point a couple vanes refuse to open all the way by hand. I assume if a couple refuse to open, then all would not have opened. T-wheel and compressor looked great so once car is all back together and running right, I will ship the OG turbo off for a rebuild and keep as a spare.

That will do it. That was almost certainly the problem.

Mitsu booster

Update: Got the NOS VNT installed, new clutch kit, replaced the leaking steering rack while the engine was out, rebuilt 555, flushed out the engine, rad, and heater core, new t-stat. Got everything back in the car and motored it several times to get oil to the new turbo. Started it up and had a bad vac leak causing a HIGH idle. Spent a couple days part time troubleshooting that and got that resolved. Base timing set, ran to verify cooling fan cycles and heater works, and all is good. Small leak at turbo oil return line, but that has been resolved.

No more chatter noise from the trans (suspect it was the TOB as that was TOAST, but still plan to have the OG 55 rebuilt this fall.

I cannot drive it yet to verify the over-boost is gone as my steering wheel is out getting new leather installed on it. Once I get the steering wheel I will post back about the over-boost issue.

Good to see it all back together, running, no leaks, and no codes.

That’s a great start. Post up some pics when you can.

Mitsu booster

Just brought home #261 about a month ago. Purchased from the second owner who had owned it since '92. 105k miles

Pretty clean car, underside is super clean and car runs very well. It does have the incorrect front air dam but was able to order the correct one from Kaminari. Also found a parts site that had a new 89-90 "Turbo" bulge hood in stock so I ordered that as well.

Nice looking car for sure! Great to see ones like that still around.

I wonder if Kaminari sells the Lancer front GFX? I should go look.....
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by ahitze1 View Post
    Just brought home #261 about a month ago. Purchased from the second owner who had owned it since '92. 105k miles

Pretty clean car, underside is super clean and car runs very well. It does have the incorrect front air dam but was able to order the correct one from Kaminari. Also found a parts site that had a new 89-90 "Turbo" bulge hood in stock so I ordered that as well.

Welcome to the site. Post up some more pics when you get a chance. Where was the car when you got it? Still VNT?

Mitsu booster

Welcome to the site. Post up some more pics when you get a chance. Where was the car when you got it? Still VNT?
    Will do. started on some paint correction and still waiting on the new front air dam and hood to show up

Got the car from Wisconsin.

Still VNT, pretty impressed with it in stock form. I did add a 1g DSM BOV and custom intake.

Very cool. I love the 1st gen Talon BOVs for nostalgia sake.

Mitsu booster

So I got my steering wheel back from getting new leather applied and took 102 out for a short spin (needs alignment). Initial impressions are the trans chatter is completely gone, rebuilt 555 shifts so much better than the OG which had 108k miles on it, and the VNT behaved as it should. Only a couple quick stabs of the throttle to see if it would still OB, and it only hit around 13-15lbs on the dash age so it appears that 102 overboost issue has been resolved.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by ahitze1 View Post

Congrats on a great looking CSX from 102.