Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any Interest in a Distributor Adapter Group buy

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: Any Interest in a Distributor Adapter Group buy

frank, the stock TD cover will work for mock up as the starter doesnt move when you do a 2.4L swap and the rear and the upper two bolt holes are in the same spot.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

If no one else has responded you can go ahead and send it to me, I'll be starting my swap Friday night and will have most of the weekend to work on it. I can go ahead and mount the dist and make sure the engine will run if I do not have all of the engine mounts finished. I'll PM you with my address and phone number.

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glhs502 View Post
    If no one else has responded you can go ahead and send it to me, I'll be starting my swap Friday night and will have most of the weekend to work on it. I can go ahead and mount the dist and make sure the engine will run if I do not have all of the engine mounts finished. I'll PM you with my address and phone number.
    Derek,

Sounds good. I am happy to work with you on this especially given that you were the one that got me back into the project anyway.

I will work with you via PM and hopefully you can get things running by the weekend!

Hopefully more orders will follow so I don't get stuck with an inventory of these kits!

Of course I will also start offering the matching MSD wires for them for anyone that wants the full setup and I can also do reconditioned modified distributor so it will be all in one shopping.

-Rich

All,

I now have a batch of the distributor adapters in stock.

I am ready to take orders and will be offering them for $100 shipped for the first 5 After that they may go up in price to cover shipping, etc.

I am also offering matching MSD wires and my modified distributor caps for an all in one solution.

If people are interested I can also provide reconditioned (bead blasted) and modified distributor bases for $40 plus a $25 core (refunded when I get a modifiable core).

These products can all be ordered from my MSD products webpage: http://rbryant.freeshell.org/msd_products.htm

I will work on getting more pictures of the products up on the page tonight.

-Rich

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Order placed. Any word on the tranny plates?
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Order placed. Any word on the tranny plates?
    They are supposed to be cut tomorrow afternoon with a couple of modifications to make them a perfect fit!

-Rich

turbo addict

Kit looks really good and should be easy for anyone to install making the hybrid or complete DOHC engine swap that much less cumbersome. +1 for a great product!
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

The dizzy adapter fits great, real easy to install. Super nice product for the money. I'm also using his plug wires and cap. Super quality for the $$. The plug boots are tough and the wires snap in the caps with confidence, no more guessing if the wires are pushed all the way down in the cap.

turbo addict

Sounds like when I'm ready to do this I will be good to buy the whole kit.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by WickedShelby88 View Post
    Sounds like when I'm ready to do this I will be good to buy the whole kit.
    Complamentary products rule!

It is really up to you but I do feel that the HEI distributor and 90 degree snap terminals on MSD wires is the best setup.

Either way some sort of custom/modified plug wires and/or distributor cap will be required.

-Rich

turbo addict

We should get like cad drawing write up of this and also the hybrid engine break down of what to do what where that way more people could have a better understanding of the process. Sometimes its hard to visual what is what just from reading as not all of us learn or understand that way.

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

or, even some pictures!!
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

turbo addict

+1 pictures are much more readily doable.

I'm gonna do a write up of my 2.4 swap with some pics as soon as I can get it running. I've learned many things the hard way..I am very close, I have all the major stuff finished but it's the little things that have slowed me down.

Quote Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
    They are supposed to be cut tomorrow afternoon with a couple of modifications to make them a perfect fit!

-Rich
    How did that go? I want to put a 2.4( older one 96) complete into my 92 gtc with a568 5spd. Price?
    Thanks
    W

Quote Originally Posted by crazymadbastard View Post
    How did that go? I want to put a 2.4( older one 96) complete into my 92 gtc with a568 5spd. Price?
    Thanks
    W
    I still have to pick them up and do a test fit. I will take pictures and put them up for sale if I am satisfied with them (I should be since it was only a minor change to the prototype).

-Rich

thanks, please pm me when you have info. I am going to try not to be on all the time and actually get some work done!

I am still about 1/32" off in one spot on the tranny sheilds so I need to file them back slightly over the weekend. Fortunately I made them a hair too big rather than a hair too small so they will be perfect after I modify them.

I had 10 of the sheilds cut so I have a bunch in stock. I will add the pictures and link to buy them over the weekend.

-Rich

Quote Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
    I am still about 1/32" off in one spot on the tranny sheilds so I need to file them back slightly over the weekend. Fortunately I made them a hair too big rather than a hair too small so they will be perfect after I modify them.

I had 10 of the sheilds cut so I have a bunch in stock. I will add the pictures and link to buy them over the weekend.

-Rich
    how is it coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by crazymadbastard View Post
    how is it coming along?
    Good.

Everything is ready. I do need a new picture of the tranny sheilds and the modified distributors but the links are there to buy them and I can ship everything early next week.

I put everything on a seperate DOHC conversion page:

DOHC 2.0/2.4/Hybrid Products

-Rich

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast