Thread: Travelers

turbo addict

Travelers

Are they different from the 2.2 to the 2.5 since the displacements are different? Either way, can they be "re-calibrated" to a different spec based on injectors and mods(performance, etc)? Just seems like that would be cool to have function properly...
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Travelers

You don't calibrate the traveler, you must do a custom calibration. Yes they can be scaled so that they are correct with any size injector or displacement.

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

I'm with Brian on this one. It's all in the cal. In my 89 the cal isn't correcting the Traveler and I'm getting 40+ mpg according to it
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Quote Originally Posted by mcsvt View Post
    I'm with Brian on this one. It's all in the cal. In my 89 the cal isn't correcting the Traveler and I'm getting 40+ mpg according to it
    40+ MPGs? Jackpot! everyone needs to get a traveler.

+1 The signal from the ECU to the traveler is some indication of actual fuel flow, not just injector pulse width. There is a constant in the cal that needs to be scaled for the signal to be accurate again.

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Yeah I love watching it tell me I'm getting ~45mpg on the highway... I just wish it was right +40's and no scaling is owning me..
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

turbo addict

gotcha... hmm.... I wonder how hard it is? I don't REALLY want to go custom cal since I have a stock 2.5 SMEC. Dammit man... ok.. thanks guys!
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by 88_pacifica View Post
    gotcha... hmm.... I wonder how hard it is? I don't REALLY want to go custom cal since I have a stock 2.5 SMEC. Dammit man... ok.. thanks guys!
    It is not too hard. YOu just have to scale one constant from what I recall. The hardest part is converting it to hex, but I think that there is a thread on moparchem.com that tells all.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    It is not too hard. YOu just have to scale one constant from what I recall. The hardest part is converting it to hex, but I think that there is a thread on moparchem.com that tells all.
    Hmm.. may have to check that out. It would be very cool to pair something like thatup with a OEM or custom cal. I'm sure it can be done much more easily than a true re-cal.