Thread: Electrical Issue

Hybrid booster

Electrical Issue

Ok, i seem to have an electrical problem.

Issues:

Open passenger door, traveler goes out.
    Press in cigaratte lighter knob, traveler goes out.
    Press Radio "ON" button, lights up, the goes out.

So, those are a few issues, might be all i think. So i have something messed up, and it does not seem to be a burn't out fuse. Bad ground?

Something is up, because everytime my girlfriend opens her door my traveler resets :[

What do you guys think?

Garrett booster

Re: Electrical Issue

I had some problems with the radio shutting off or the lights dimming when there were other draws on the system. Check your grounds, and even run extras.

Hybrid booster

Yeah, it's just been way too hot. I fixed my headlights, now they are nice and even.

It might have something to do with the radio, that is what seems to have started the problems, but who knows. I'll just have to check everything the next chance i get.

Garrett booster

Yep, you can run a new ground to some well grounded metal under the dash and just add it to your current ground hookup for the radio. This solved most of my problems with the radio cutting out and the lights dimming/flickering.

You lost one your dash grounds. It terminates on a lug that is screwed into the dash bracket on the passenger side. Make sure the screw is tight and that the bolt attaching the dash to the frame is secure and not rusted.

Hybrid booster

Ok, fixed it. Ended up being a fuse. The other day a penny fell in the cigarrett lighter hole, causing the fuse to blow. Worse place for chrysler to put that **** thing

Anyways, my radio and traveler now work. I even sanded down the ground bolt holes, just incase.

Thanks, Dez.