View Poll Results: What color scheme for custom CSX floormats?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black 'Shelby' stitch, Gold 'CSX' stitch

3 18.75%
  • Shelby Blue 'Shelby' stitch, Gold 'CSX' stitch

2 12.50%
  • Exotic Red 'Shelby' stitch, Gold 'CSX' stitch

6 37.50%
  • Black 'Shelby' stitch, Shelby Blue 'CSX' stitch

5 31.25%

Thread: '89 CSX Floormats.. What to do?

'89 CSX Floormats.. What to do?

Thankfully, my CSX still had the factory floormats in it when I purchased it back in June. Unfortunately, though, they're worn out to say the least. I would LOVE to have them redone and be perfect, but most places need crisp images to restitch floormats and what not.

So, if I can't have that done, I was thinking about having a set of floormats done in the same scheme as the Daytona floormats came, except here is my question if I go this route:

The floormat itself would be gray. Centered, like the 'Daytona' is, would be 'SHELBY', in italicized Shelby font (see below) filled in, not just an outline. Beneath that and to the right, I would like to have CSX stitched in, identical to the CSX decal on the 89. But what color scheme should I go with in terms of the stitching?

Vote now and if you care to toss me your opinion. I'm leaning more towards option A simply because I think incorporating the black Shelby pattern on the seats with the floormats would look good, and the gold CSX would match the decals outside the car as well as on the dash. But, I just don't know how that'll look on grey carpet? Perhaps your reasoning can make me change my mind or stick with my original idea...

Here is the type of SHELBY font used on the 89 CSX:

and the CSX font I'll use:
    [

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: '89 CSX Floormats.. What to do?

WHy not the CS logo like on the rear badge medallion?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolV300C View Post
    WHy not the CS logo like on the rear badge medallion?
    I should have addressed this, my bad. I would, but the logo on the factory floormats is more round and smaller than what I can find image wise, and if I could find a crisp logo of this rounder image then I'd simply be redoing the factory way. I'll snap a pic. if I can, but like I said, my mats are pretty worn out.

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Red and Gold was my vote! I think that would be the best combo.
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

This thing's tied up! Some additional suggestions would be great!

Trust Me...I'm "The Doctor"™ Turbo Mopar Vendor LaserXT1986's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    Thankfully, my CSX still had the factory floormats in it when I purchased it back in June. Unfortunately, though, they're worn out to say the least. I would LOVE to have them redone and be perfect, but most places need crisp images to restitch floormats and what not.

So, if I can't have that done, I was thinking about having a set of floormats done in the same scheme as the Daytona floormats came, except here is my question if I go this route:

The floormat itself would be gray. Centered, like the 'Daytona' is, would be 'SHELBY', in italicized Shelby font (see below) filled in, not just an outline. Beneath that and to the right, I would like to have CSX stitched in, identical to the CSX decal on the 89. But what color scheme should I go with in terms of the stitching?

Vote now and if you care to toss me your opinion. I'm leaning more towards option A simply because I think incorporating the black Shelby pattern on the seats with the floormats would look good, and the gold CSX would match the decals outside the car as well as on the dash. But, I just don't know how that'll look on grey carpet? Perhaps your reasoning can make me change my mind or stick with my original idea...

Here is the type of SHELBY font used on the 89 CSX:

Billy,

What you need is a vector-based file for the automated stitching machines to run. Stitching based machines work like a combination of vinyl cutting and engraver machines, to make a point of reference (it's a little more detailed than that, but you get the point).

If you get me some REALLY crisp pictures (PM me privately for details), I can create the ultra crisp artwork you will need. Let me know if you'd like my help!!
    David C. Lucidi/1986 Chrysler Laser XT aka "K.I.T.T"
    Authorized TM Decal Vendor:

"SDAC-Club decals": National & many others.
    "Turbo-Mopar": All Decals in store.
    "Turbos Unleashed": Decals in the TU store.
    "Custom and One of a Kind": PM me your specific needs!
    "G-BODY TURBO,TURBO Z, SHELBY Z decals": 100% authentic exact reproduction of factory originals, guaranteed to meet concourse level restorations.

Sure thing Dave, that would be excellent!!!! PM'ing now

Ideas for front and rear
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rear.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	378.5 KB 
ID:	5391   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	418.3 KB 
ID:	5392  

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by CoolV300C View Post
    Ideas for front and rear

Those are pretty sweet Where'd you get them/have them made?

Thanks for those pics! As long as Dave can produce crisp images of the pics. I need I'll be set.

Quote Originally Posted by 85shelbycharger View Post
    Those are pretty sweet Where'd you get them/have them made?
    They're the reman's that Dave from P.I. made a run of a few years ago. They're not exact matches to the factory floormats, but close. The position is near exact, but the CS is larger on his, as well as white outlined. The originals were all Shelby Blue, both the text and symbol.

Thanks again for the pics! You do have a PM btw.

Close up pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	closeup2.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	5407   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	closeup1.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	448.4 KB 
ID:	5408