Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NADA Values for #'d Shelby Vehicles

Re: NADA Values for #'d Shelby Vehicles

good point. also i would be interested in knowing this:

in the past 7 years, what is the highest price PAID for each of the whittier cars/trucks.

the answer that question alone would be very revealing.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor CSX321's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS592 View Post
    Of course, the Dakota might fool you. It is rear wheel drive and v-8 powered. A guy collecting Dodge trucks might give some big money for a low mileage Dakota.
    And I think there have been a couple of low-mileage Dakotas go for $9K or more in the last 5 years or so. If I remember right, SuperDave sold one with less than 10K miles on it for around that.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor CSX321's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus86GLHS View Post
    good point. also i would be interested in knowing this:

in the past 7 years, what is the highest price PAID for each of the whittier cars/trucks.

the answer that question alone would be very revealing.
    The Birthday Car doesn't really count, exactly, but it sold recently for $15K, didn't it? Worth it, IMO!

15K for a dakota? that is fantastic. of course the shelby dakotas were not fwd turbo cars, so in fairness to the appraisal process that should be considered.

and i was assuming cars w/ equal pedigree and no "special history".......

for example: if carroll drove and raced say a 1987 csx, and it was documented, then wow what a premium that car would fetch. but you would not include that sale in the 1987 csx price calculation.

Garrett booster

I know I'm kinda late jumping in on this conversation, but you gotta think outside the boxs. look at the different interior options their were. 86 S cars got the ugly plain old seats that were the same design as all the other omnis out there, but the 87 got the custom shelby interior, sunroof, and a better sound system if I'm correct.

turbo addict

I don't think the sound system was any better in the 1987 GLHS. It had the AM/FM/cassette. The 1986 GLHS had the same thing didn't it?
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

Yes it did. And both cars got the SAME interior as their plain jane cousins
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

It still boggles my mind how many Shelby Dakotas change hands on eBay.

Interior options may play a role, but 89s were the only ones that were extra special (Dakota and CSX both). All the rest were left plain jane as Ken said.

idk the 87 has a pretty nice sound system... comparable to todays. WE plugged my ipod into the tape player and played some pretty good music on the way to a charger meet and the bass was pretty respectable. IMO the 87 is the car that will continue to climb in the buyers eyes being a 2-door. My friends love the look of our 87 GLHS (in the Range from 16-18 years old) and if it was an Omni GLHS I think they would laugh

Hybrid booster

hmm.. sounds like you guys' experiences are different than mine.. People here laugh at all of them until I either give them a ride in or race them. I can't recall a single time it's been any other way. Even people who recognize them still say " come on.. it's a dodge with stickers.."

'87 GLH-S
    '87 S-Lancer
    '89 CSX
    '05 SRT-4

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritedShelbys View Post
    hmm.. sounds like you guys' experiences are different than mine.. People here laugh at all of them until I either give them a ride in or race them. I can't recall a single time it's been any other way. Even people who recognize them still say " come on.. it's a dodge with stickers.."

'87 GLH-S
    '87 S-Lancer
    '89 CSX
    '05 SRT-4
    Impound stickers from it being broken down on the side of the road.... Just kidding
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bradp View Post
    Impound stickers from it being broken down on the side of the road.... Just kidding
    Those are like the automotive equivalent of prison tatoo's
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

If anything just say "Yeah, they come from the Dodge factory with 'Stickers' ..... Shelby stickers, along with a turbo/intercooled powerplant that is quicker in the 1/4 than most cars stock today. Your car came from the factory as a P.O.S. so you felt the need to go to PepBoys and get some NOS stickers and a fartcan to try to make it something. My car IS something. Your car is ghetto."

Hybrid booster

LOL well out of my cars the only one with a bad track record is the GLH-S. Mine is a low miles original and I've got a file folder an inch think with repair receipts from the guy I bought it from (original owner). My S-Lancer has been through hell and has a bunch of miles but seems to be mechanically ok so far but then again I've only had it for a few weeks. I've had more problems with my '05 SRT-4 than I have with my '89 CSX. The CSX has been dramatically BY FAR, the most trouble-free car I've ever had. I've never babied that car either but then again it was another 1 owner car when I got it but not particularly low miles. That's why she's getting the extent of restoration I'm giving... I never plan to part with that car. I've got the most fond memories with it and a bunch of really fun miles!

'87 GLHS #0900
    '87 S-Lancer #720
    '89 CSX #161
    '05 SRT-4

¿ Turbo Mopar Contributor oldgregg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    I pretty much agree with what you've said here. We have a pretty good sized classified ad section in our newsletter. The ONLY cars to really move quick are the 86 S cars. Folks say they like the Charger S better (like at car shows), but the 86 S sells quicker. The rest are pretty much the same in that currently it is a buyers market (for the most part).

As far as value goes in the marketplace the 86 wins that one. A few 86 S cars have been sold for more than 10K, a few more have been sold for more than 8K but from what I have seen, those numbers are yet to be reached by the other models. And there are a lot of 86 S cars that change hands for the low NADA value or more. And for sure there are a lot of them that go for less than that too.

Barry
    A bit late to the party, but what you just wrote nails it that the 86's sell quicker, but it's in OUR market.

But I'd like to know if it's so popular, why does it change hands so much?

You don't see Charger S's changing hands as much becasue the owners keep them!

All my pals (even the asian ones who love the imports obviously!) when I show them pics of the GLHS cars (& the ones who've seen mine) like the 87 over the 86 all day long due to its sporty look.

Sometimes the "rarity" is not the issue, but as was previoulsy said, looks come more into play than anything else.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus86GLHS View Post
    imagine a Barrett-Jackson type auction, held today, and up on the block is exactly one example of every shelby dodge car to come out of whittier....all have only 1 mile on them, each one has been sealed since new and never driven or registered, and each one is literally in 100% perfect condition.

which one would command the highest bid?

if i was to guess, the 86 GLHS would go for the highest, the Dakota truck the lowest, and the rest of them would be sorta tightly grouped.
    perfect dream I would bid high on all and have all

turbo addict

No love for the CSX-T.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Hybrid booster

As of 4/09 it looks like values are up 8-10 across the board.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

if i could buy one out of the bunch in completely perfect condition, i would buy a shelby lancer. I really think that car was more of the total package than either the S cars or the dakota. The 89 csx vnt imo is probably the MOST desireable one in my mind.

but my personal choice would be the shelby lancer based on looks, and my love of fast 4 doors.

or if i found a super secret one-off 4door 87 csx i suppose i may take that.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    if i could buy one out of the bunch in completely perfect condition, i would buy a shelby lancer. I really think that car was more of the total package than either the S cars or the dakota. The 89 csx vnt imo is probably the MOST desireable one in my mind.

but my personal choice would be the shelby lancer based on looks, and my love of fast 4 doors.

or if i found a super secret one-off 4door 87 csx i suppose i may take that.
    +1 on the Lancer, and not just because I have one Comfort and speed all in one package. 10 speakers, hatchback, 4 doors, and a nice ride balance between touring and sporty.

But unfortunately.. not as popular as the other models. As for me, I'm still a G and J-body fan even though they weren't numbered cars. When I get more room, I'll be aiming for a nice rare Daytona IROC R/T to sit next to the Lancer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast