Original MSRP: N/A
    Low Retail ............. Average Retail Value ........... High Retail
    Base Price
    $4,250 ........................... $6,275 .................... $13,400

TOTAL PRICE
    $4,250 ........................... $6,275 .................... $13,400

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Re: NADA Values for #'d Shelby Vehicles

Made this a sticky, I wish my cars were nice enough to quailfy for even the "low" retail value.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor CSX321's Avatar

Me, too. Could be important for insurance purposes, though.

turbo addict

when was the last time you saw any TD go for 10k or more?

the new stuff dont count!
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

It surprises me that the Charger GLHS' are worth more than the 86 Omni GLHS'.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post

I was thinking the same thing. 86 GLHS' and 89 CSX's are always the most valuable in my mind.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodave View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. 86 GLHS' and 89 CSX's are always the most valuable in my mind.

Same here, both for having only 500 made of each as well as being the first and last of his #'d car run. Perhaps the people at NADA are still thinking 'eh, it's still an Omni'

how can NADA ever get it wrong? they have a 100% perfect record of nailing collector car prices.

turbo addict

It doesn't surprise me at all.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor CSX321's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS592 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo
    It almost but not quite entirely unsurprises me.

My wife says I can quote or paraphase something from Hitchhiker's Guide for any occasion.

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

Or me... Looks DO count
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

turbo addict

The 1986 GLHS is the only Whittier car that I can see being worth more than the 1987 GLHS since they were the 1st and fewer were made. However, you guys gotta realize that 2 door sporty looking cars are WAY more popular in the automotive enthusiast market as a whole than souped up 4 door econo-boxes. Our little niche is the only one I know of where minivans and 4 doors are popular. Face it, we're the minority of the automotive enthusiasts.

The GLHS cars both should be hands down more popular than the rest and they ARE. The L-body cars just have something different that's more appealing. I think it is the crudeness and the plain black wrapper that appeals to people. The CSX cars and Lancer are just too refined.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

And only the minority of the automotive minorities consider the p body too refined.

The 1986 GLHS is the only Whittier car that I can see being worth more than the 1987 GLHS since they were the 1st and fewer were made. However, you guys gotta realize that 2 door sporty looking cars are WAY more popular in the automotive enthusiast market as a whole than souped up 4 door econo-boxes. Our little niche is the only one I know of where minivans and 4 doors are popular. Face it, we're the minority of the automotive enthusiasts.

The GLHS cars both should be hands down more popular than the rest and they ARE. The L-body cars just have something different that's more appealing. I think it is the crudeness and the plain black wrapper that appeals to people. The CSX cars and Lancer are just too refined.

First time ever that I think I disagree with you Kev!

There were 1000 GLHS Chargers produced, which is a respectable low number, but not as low as the 86 GLHS, nor the sought after P-bodies (87 - 750 and 89 500).

In addition, Shelby Chargers were produced from 83 to 87 in a range of color schemes. Although none were intercooled, one may compare them with the 87 GLHS; whereas the CSX's are completely unique in terms of color schemes and drivetrains. If you didn't get your hands on one of those, you'd have to settle for at best a turbo Shadow. If you didn't get your hands on a GLHS Charger, you could still settle for a Shelby Charger.

A GLHS Charger is one of my dream cars don't get me wrong, but I would put it at fourth on the list behind the 1. 86 GLHS 2. 89 CSX 3. 87 CSX 4. Charger GLHS

I do agree with the 2 door as being the market in this hobby, which is why I still don't understand Chrysler's opt out of the 99 Charger concept but that's another rant altogether.

That's just my opinion. This sure makes for fun discussion though!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by raccoon View Post
    when was the last time you saw any TD go for 10k or more?

the new stuff dont count!
    Yea, id like to know where those figures come from because from what ive seen, few fetch close to average retail and I dont think ive ever heard of an 89 CSX coming close to 14k. Im not gonna argue. I would love for the price to jump, but I think NADA is a bit off from the real world where its hard to get 3500 for a Shelby unless its absolutely immaculate.

turbo addict

First time ever that I think I disagree with you Kev!
    Well, then you must be pretty darn smart.

There were 1000 GLHS Chargers produced, which is a respectable low number, but not as low as the 86 GLHS, nor the sought after P-bodies (87 - 750 and 89 500).
    The Shelby P bodies are fairly hard to sell. Just look around. I see more of those cars being parted out. I've only noticed here recently the renewed interest in the 1989 CSX.

In addition, Shelby Chargers were produced from 83 to 87 in a range of color schemes. Although none were intercooled, one may compare them with the 87 GLHS; whereas the CSX's are completely unique in terms of color schemes and drivetrains. If you didn't get your hands on one of those, you'd have to settle for at best a turbo Shadow. If you didn't get your hands on a GLHS Charger, you could still settle for a Shelby Charger.
    I think the point you just stated works in favor of the 1987 GLHS. The Charger GLHS was a one year only car. The GLHS cars were different cars. They have about 95% common parts, but one was a 2 door and the other a 4 door. You can argue that the CSX cars were different each year. But, the 1987 and 1988 were the same except for colors and an intercooler. The 1989 CSX is the only one that has a chance as being worth as much as either GLHS, but it still has alot in common with the other two CSX cars.

A GLHS Charger is one of my dream cars don't get me wrong, but I would put it at fourth on the list behind the 1. 86 GLHS 2. 89 CSX 3. 87 CSX 4. Charger GLHS
    That's fine. I prefer the above cars in this order: 4-1-3-2 using your numbers. How many people feel the same as you? How many feel the same as I. As long as I can remember, the 1986 & 1987 GLHS cars have been way more popular than the CSX cars. For the longest time, the 1986 GLHS was by far the most popular. In recent years, I've noticed the 1987 GLHS being more popular. I think the NADA prices reflect this.

I do agree with the 2 door as being the market in this hobby, which is why I still don't understand Chrysler's opt out of the 99 Charger concept but that's another rant altogether.
    That's why the 1987 GLHS is more popular than the 1986 GLHS. I can tell you from experience at car shows and discussions with car people that most people, in the real world, like the Charger better than the Omni. Only in our community do 4 doors and minivans even get considered. People on my local forum just laugh at the minivan thing.

That's just my opinion. This sure makes for fun discussion though!
    It's good that we all don't like the same thing. As long as people don't get mad because I like Coke better than Pepsi, I'm fine.

That's why the 1987 GLHS is more popular than the 1986 GLHS. I can tell you from experience at car shows and discussions with car people that most people, in the real world, like the Charger better than the Omni. Only in our community do 4 doors and minivans even get considered. People on my local forum just laugh at the minivan thing.
    If I had to rate them in the order I wanted to get them in it would be:
    1. 86 GLHS
    2. 87 GLHS
    3. 89 CSX
    4. 89 Dakota
    5. 88 CSX-T
    6. 87 CSX
    7. 87 Lancer

But that's just my opinion. I agree with Kevin that most people in the real world like the 87 GLHS best, it's got the sexiest look of all the numbered cars. However, like many in the community the 86 is still my favorite.

The 89 CSX's are great, and I would love to find a nice recaro seat equipped one eventually.

I think the 88 CSX-T's are undervalued as a whole. While they didn't get the performance parts, they have the neat rental car history that goes with them. I like the white on grey color combo also. The 87 CSX's are faster and rarer, no doubt, but I like the 88's better personally.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastCSX289 View Post
    Yea, id like to know where those figures come from because from what ive seen, few fetch close to average retail and I dont think ive ever heard of an 89 CSX coming close to 14k. Im not gonna argue. I would love for the price to jump, but I think NADA is a bit off from the real world where its hard to get 3500 for a Shelby unless its absolutely immaculate.
    If you look at what the nada consider's a "low" value car, it's pretty much what most of us consider a nice car. Most of the cars that change hands on these boards are beneath the nada "low" in both condition and value.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541

imagine a Barrett-Jackson type auction, held today, and up on the block is exactly one example of every shelby dodge car to come out of whittier....all have only 1 mile on them, each one has been sealed since new and never driven or registered, and each one is literally in 100% perfect condition.

which one would command the highest bid?

if i was to guess, the 86 GLHS would go for the highest, the Dakota truck the lowest, and the rest of them would be sorta tightly grouped.

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus86GLHS View Post
    imagine a Barrett-Jackson type auction, held today, and up on the block is exactly one example of every shelby dodge car to come out of whittier....all have only 1 mile on them, each one has been sealed since new and never driven or registered, and each one is literally in 100% perfect condition.

which one would command the highest bid?

if i was to guess, the 86 GLHS would go for the highest, the Dakota truck the lowest, and the rest of them would be sorta tightly grouped.
    I pretty much agree with what you've said here. We have a pretty good sized classified ad section in our newsletter. The ONLY cars to really move quick are the 86 S cars. Folks say they like the Charger S better (like at car shows), but the 86 S sells quicker. The rest are pretty much the same in that currently it is a buyers market (for the most part).

As far as value goes in the marketplace the 86 wins that one. A few 86 S cars have been sold for more than 10K, a few more have been sold for more than 8K but from what I have seen, those numbers are yet to be reached by the other models. And there are a lot of 86 S cars that change hands for the low NADA value or more. And for sure there are a lot of them that go for less than that too.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus86GLHS View Post
    You might be right about the 1986 GLHS going for the highest. I don't think the 1987 GLHS would be grouped with the others. I think it would be much closer to the 1986 GLHS than it would be to the others. I'm certain it would be the GLHS cars at the very top with the 1989 CSX in between and the rest grouped together at the bottom. Of course, the Dakota might fool you. It is rear wheel drive and v-8 powered. A guy collecting Dodge trucks might give some big money for a low mileage Dakota.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast