Thread: rear suspension Q

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

rear suspension Q

Haven't removed my rear suspension as of yet, but going to be tackling that in a week or two. The spring isolators... I see only tyhe bottom one, can't view the top one from just peeking up there... but anyways, I can't find them for sale online via rockauto.com etc. Where can i get these as I assume they are toast just like my strut's upper spring seat was along wth it's lower isolator as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Hybrid booster

Re: rear suspension Q

Quote Originally Posted by Directconnection View Post
    Haven't removed my rear suspension as of yet, but going to be tackling that in a week or two. The spring isolators... I see only tyhe bottom one, can't view the top one from just peeking up there... but anyways, I can't find them for sale online via rockauto.com etc. Where can i get these as I assume they are toast just like my strut's upper spring seat was along wth it's lower isolator as well.
    The top rear spring isolator on my '86 Lebaron and on the '86 Daytona C/S was a combined part with the bump stop that sticks down in the center of the spring. They were OK on both cars. They may not take the beating like the front ones do. I don't know if you can get them new or not.
    Last edited by Spraynlog; 08-06-2007 at 05:49 AM. Reason: adding
    1986 Chrysler Lebaron 2 dr. R.I.P. 2.2 T1 log intake, modified to intercool Best 1/8th 9.03@77mph / Best 1/4 14.16@93.55mph Running on E85:nod:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] '93 Spirit 2.5 TBI 5 Spd(sold), '85 Ramcharger, 360 4brl, NP435 4 Spd. The new ride; '90 Sundance 2.5 T1/5 spd. FMIC(from Ford Probe) new Mitsu; Best 1/8th 8.96@79.16 / Best 1/4 14.06@101.27

Garrett booster

Re: rear suspension Q

I got all new top and bottom rear insulators from Chrysler about a year ago for my '85. Bill