Thread: Head light doors open but wont close!?!?!

Garrett booster

Head light doors open but wont close!?!?!

I have a 89 Chrysler Lebaron 2.2 turbo II, tonight when I pulled in the garage and shut it off I noticed the headlight doors where still open, I turned the lights on and off a couple time and still they stayed open. I do not think its the electric motor since I closed them manually and when I turned the lights back on they opened right up. What could this be? Is there a relay or something?

Thanks in advance;
    Chad

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor powermaxx's Avatar

Re: Head light doors open but wont close!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by chad_m View Post
    I have a 89 Chrysler Lebaron 2.2 turbo II, tonight when I pulled in the garage and shut it off I noticed the headlight doors where still open, I turned the lights on and off a couple time and still they stayed open. I do not think its the electric motor since I closed them manually and when I turned the lights back on they opened right up. What could this be? Is there a relay or something?

Thanks in advance;
    Chad
    Control module in the top of the dash (at least on G body cars, should be the same). Common problem, I keep spares from every car I get ahold of.

Garrett booster

Hi, thanks. Where abouts is this Control module on top of the dash? How do I get at it?

Thanks;
    Chad

Pop the trim out of the top of the dash. It's mounted where the center AM speaker would have gone in 1984.

Garrett booster

It's right in the middle of the dash at the top.. just pop off the top off the dash, and it looks like a lil black box, well atleast mine is I'm having the same proplam, I have to turn my headlights on and off a few times for them to go up or down. And yea keeping extra ones is a reallllly good idea!

Shelby~babe

Garrett booster

Thanks alot!

Chad

Mitsu booster

I have exactly the opposite problem as of yesterday! Pulled the main lights switch, and I didnt hear the usual "Whiiir-thunk" of the headlight doors deploying....so, lights are on, but doors are closed.
    Have:
    Swapped the controle module (no change)
    Checked all fuses (all OK)
    Checked all wiring/connectors- nothing out of place.

Ideas??
    Thanks..

desertsnake1991@yahoo.com

Garrett booster

Hi, Does anyone know where I can buy a new Control module or the part number for my car? I checked the junk yard last I was their, but most all the lebarons headlight doors where stuck open, so i bet they where no good either.

Thanks;
    Chad