Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PoOH trying to scam me?

Garrett booster

Re: PoOH trying to scam me?

I'll be going to the post office and seeing what they do... I feel fraud has been commited against me. Any other suggestions?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by GLHSKEN View Post
    I refuse to use paypal...
    Same here. They take a percentage of every sale and won't back you when things go wrong. I take nothing but a USPS money order. I've had people get mad at me because I'm not "with the times".
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Garrett booster

I did some research, theres a site call paypalsucks.com Well they said it will go to a collection agency, however since I have proof he recieved the item I shipped, if I dont pay and it goes on my credit report I can fight it. So looks like it wont be an issue, I wont pay it and tey wont come after me over 300 bucks since it would cost them more to collect it.

So PoOh, tough luck... because I had no money in there, and I wont accept the package if you send a damaged part back. They wont scare me into paying it back and I have a very good friend who is a lawyer. So good try on the scam pal.

Hybrid booster

I've had trouble with PayPal twice.

Last year I sold a Garrett turbo off a Volvo on Ebay, and the seller claimed that he took it to a shop & that they took it apart & said the seals were bad & that it was cracked. The turbo came off a running, driving, non smoking car so I knew that it was probably a scam. The buyer filed a claim with PayPal, and they took money out of my credit union account for the hold. I called the credit union, told them it was an unauthorized charge, and they had the money put back into my account immediately. I challenged the claim, and wrote a nice reply and sent along the high res digital pictures of the turbo that I'd taken before I mailed it. The seller goofed in his statement, stating that the shop had worked on it when in fact it was delivered on a Saturday, and he emailed me stating it was bad on Sunday. I hypothesized that he'd take it apart & messed it up himself, and directed them to the auction and that it clearly stated that it was sold as-is and no returns were accepted, but I also said that I *might* have accepted a return if it hadn't been taken apart. I won the claim.

The second time I had trouble was with a transfer to my bank account. I'd sold a 6-71 blower & when I went to transfer the money to my bank account it "disappeared" somewhere along the way. PayPal says it went into my account, but my bank had no record or knowledge of the transaction. I messed around for half a year or more trying to find out what happened to the funds, and never did come up with anything. I guess the money's just floating around in cyberspace somewhere.

I can't really say that I care for PayPals fees, but it darn sure comes in handy. And their money market account earns better interest than my Met Life account does.

I used to always pay for things with money orders, but it's hard for me to find time to go to the post office & get an MO. Heck, I don't even know where the post office is here. I have all the packages I mail out picked up so I don't have to leave. But then, my health is a little on the fragile side right now, and even going outside can make me sick if I'm out on a hot humid day.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by 88_pacifica View Post
    which board?
    www.ontarioshelbydodge.com. N/A sante fe blue GLH..nice looking car too.

I figured he's been around for some time..didn't think he was this close to home though.

Chris

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyL View Post
    I've had trouble with PayPal twice.

Last year I sold a Garrett turbo off a Volvo on Ebay, and the seller claimed that he took it to a shop & that they took it apart & said the seals were bad & that it was cracked. The turbo came off a running, driving, non smoking car so I knew that it was probably a scam. The buyer filed a claim with PayPal, and they took money out of my credit union account for the hold. I called the credit union, told them it was an unauthorized charge, and they had the money put back into my account immediately. I challenged the claim, and wrote a nice reply and sent along the high res digital pictures of the turbo that I'd taken before I mailed it. The seller goofed in his statement, stating that the shop had worked on it when in fact it was delivered on a Saturday, and he emailed me stating it was bad on Sunday. I hypothesized that he'd take it apart & messed it up himself, and directed them to the auction and that it clearly stated that it was sold as-is and no returns were accepted, but I also said that I *might* have accepted a return if it hadn't been taken apart. I won the claim.

The second time I had trouble was with a transfer to my bank account. I'd sold a 6-71 blower & when I went to transfer the money to my bank account it "disappeared" somewhere along the way. PayPal says it went into my account, but my bank had no record or knowledge of the transaction. I messed around for half a year or more trying to find out what happened to the funds, and never did come up with anything. I guess the money's just floating around in cyberspace somewhere.

I can't really say that I care for PayPals fees, but it darn sure comes in handy. And their money market account earns better interest than my Met Life account does.

I used to always pay for things with money orders, but it's hard for me to find time to go to the post office & get an MO. Heck, I don't even know where the post office is here. I have all the packages I mail out picked up so I don't have to leave. But then, my health is a little on the fragile side right now, and even going outside can make me sick if I'm out on a hot humid day.
    So they lost your money and you still use them?

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post

BTW, got the intake, forgot to post up, thanks!!!!!!!!!
    Your welcome You sure you dont want to claim you didnt recieve it, send me back a t1 intake and get your money back

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by prostreet70rr View Post
    Can't claim insurance as he wanted it listed as a gift and I didnt do that, just put it as 100 value... I'm done shipping to Canada, sorry to anyone in the future who could have used parts. I'm also done with paypal.
    I'd say to Po0h, TOUGH LUCK, he chose did not buy insurance and the parts are damage during transport.

Hybrid booster

So they lost your money and you still use them?
    Sure, but I keep a limited amount of funds in there. They're no worse than any other banking institution. I've had worse problems from regular banks. The only place I've never had a problem with is my hometown credit union, and I was lucky to get an account with them since they don't just hand out accounts to anyone who walks in the door. My father was a member of the local boilermakers union, and he pulled a couple strings & got me an account there when I was young. Even now that I've moved, I still run all my transactions through them instead of getting a local bank account.

A lot of people I deal with only take PayPal, and on many auctions I see that they're requiring immediate payment if you use the "buy it now."

Garrett booster

I only use credit unions, screw banks. But how much was the 6-71? Guessing that was some bucks you lost there. I'm not getting screwed out of 300 to keep using paypal!

I already contacted them about looking further into this case. They expect me to do a full refund and I get back one cam thats no even mine... aint happening.

Hybrid booster

I only use credit unions, screw banks. But how much was the 6-71? Guessing that was some bucks you lost there. I'm not getting screwed out of 300 to keep using paypal!
    It was 700 for the blower, plus whatever the shipping was. I remember that it went to Hilo, Hawaii, but I can't remember what the shipping was.

The blower was just a bare one, no drive snout, intake, top plate, or any of that stuff. It was a polished & anodized piece but had some wear & tear.

Garrett booster

Screw that 700 bucks... I know how many hours I work to make that, I would not let that go. They can kiss my butt over 300 and like I said, wont see a dime of it.

Hybrid booster

Back when I sold it I wasn't exactly worried about money. I was running a very profitable computer business, and 700 bucks wasn't much of anything at the time. However, that changed not long afterwards. I got pretty sick with kidney problems, and then 9/11 did the local economy in. Between bad health & slow business I ended up closing shop & just working out of my house and my income went down by about 75 percent.

And I did try to find out what happened for quite a while, but no one could ever figure it out. PayPal says that it was deposited, but the credit union has no record of it, so who knows what happened. It's not like I didn't try to find out what happened. *shrug* who knows.

Like I said before, PayPal is no worse than any other bank. I had problems with the banks I ran the business accounts through. I used to always pay for orders COD with cashiers checks. One time a check got lost but wasn't cashed. Tried to get the money back or a new check issued at the bank & they tried to tell me some crap about how it wasn't guaranteed funds & that I was outta luck. I ended up paying for the order out of my personal funds, and never did recover the money. As far as I know that check has never been cashed or shown up anywhere.

Hybrid booster

i bought a bumper off him about 5to6 years ago and had no problem shipped quick,but that was before i had my own computer ,never knew did to people ,if i knew that at the time i might have thought about not buying it .you cant trust anyone ,unless you know them well but even at that ,money changes everythinggood luck prostreet

Garrett booster

Thanks, its bs I have to deal with this and probally lose my paypal account, but I wont be out any money. He got his parts, I got paid... I'm leaving it at that. I just get screwed over. Oh well, he mentioned being on here, of course he doesnt post here... should have known better.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Ok, Pooky is the bad guy on TD, he ripped off a Canadian for a set of pistons and posted he was in a bad helicopter crash, Una called him out be we didn't believe it. Total scam. Ripped off a few people, he needs a full wenzel also.
    Man, I didn't know that. I bought a common block from Pooky in early 2006 and it arrived on time and in the condition advertised. And was the helicopter crash a lie? Supposedly he was paralyzed. I had no idea he scammed anyone...
    Last edited by Wes85L; 08-02-2007 at 12:45 PM.

turbo addict

Hybrid booster

...on here mostly.

Thanks for that link.
    Last edited by Wes85L; 08-02-2007 at 12:51 PM.

Garrett booster

Well he never responded to the case after it went to a claim, so case was dropped. I don't know what to say to say at this point... but I lost my account for over a month over this. Paypal still sucks, they won't get a dime from me again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12