Thread: WTT: SL Headlight Covers for CSX/Shadow Headlight Covers

WTT: SL Headlight Covers for CSX/Shadow Headlight Covers

Aquired a brand new set of factory Mopar black tinted Shelby Lancer headlight covers recently. Buddy who I bought them for ended up not wanting them, so I'm stuck with them. Looking to trade them for a brand new/like new set of black tinted headlight covers that would fit 89-90 Dodge Shadow/CSX, preferably the ones Shelby offered. Please LMK if you have any interest in doing so.

Hybrid booster

Re: WTT: SL Headlight Covers for CSX/Shadow Headlight Covers

Don't think I've ever seen headlight covers for the 89-90 aero headlight P bodies. How would they attach?

Let me try and find the picture from the one I saw online, it may have been #405 if I'm not mistaken.

Here they are:

I know GTS made them for some time as well but would rather go with factory ones.

pic no workie

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by TurbododgePirate View Post
    pic no workie

http://k53.pbase.com/u18/rmscott/upl...ightCovers.JPG

Don't think I've ever seen those before. I'm confident that the Shelby decal was added by the owner as Shelby didn't offer them that I can recall.

Also if that pic is of #405 it's been modified quite a bit. Notice the Kaminari NACA duct spoiler, the ES Shadow bulge hood and posibly a chrome antenna. Looks like more of a clone from that one pic.

Hybrid booster

Try again with the pic:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36163244.ShelbyHeadlightCovers.JPG 
Views:	254 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	5048  

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

that is a standard GTS cover with a shelby sticker. had a set on my 1991 shadow convertible years ago.

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Billy let me know if you want to sell them out right at some point
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Definitely noticed the bulged hood instantly. They still look neat with those.

Anyways, if it's a GTS set, does anyone have a nice set they're not using? If you don't need the SL headlight covers I'll buy the Shadow headlight covers outright. They do look cool though accompanied with the stock underhood eyelid piece.

Will do Gary.

BTW Steve, #405 didn't come with that t3 in it (prototype?) did it? Weren't those prototypes the last two - one of which Pettijohn owns still?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post

BTW Steve, #405 didn't come with that t3 in it (prototype?) did it? Weren't those prototypes the last two - one of which Pettijohn owns still?
    #405 was one of the unsold units that was shipped to the Billings Montana Chrysler Zone Office in 1990 for allocation to any dealer that would take it.

So no it wasn't any sort of prototype.

#405 is alive and well currently sitting in my garage located in N.E. Ohio. It is a automatic/leather t2 vehicle with all Shelby items intact and is 1 of my 7 Shelby's.

Steve, I think you're talking Shelby Lancer. We're talking 89 CSX, but regardless, it's good to hear a numbered car has a good home!

BUMP for Shadow headlight covers!

Keep an eye on ebay....I got a set for my 92 Shadow from there(fits 89-94).....saw a set about a month ago,started at 20 bucks,and nobody bought em....was gonna get em myself for spares...but passed...

They have long clips that you double side tape to the fender and grill....then bend the cover to get in.....BUT they are a ----- to get on and off...you gotta flex them real good.....always waitin for mine to just shatter...LOL....and drivng out of town with them on is just BLACK....not bad in town,unless the cops see ya...LOL..

Made by GTS and come with the gay GTS sticker on em ya gotta carefully get off...

Thanks man! Sure will keep an eye out. I found a site that says they have them to add to a shopping cart type setup, but I'm a bit wary as to giving my credit card # with them to order. GTS themselves said they don't make them anymore, go figure. Nothing is made for these cars anymore!

i dont have any shadow covers but what would you want for the lancer covers? maybe i can fund the purchase of your shadow ones

Well I just found a set NIB on eBay with a Buy It Now option so I went ahead and did that. So, the Lancer one's look like they're going to get put away with my other Lancer stuff so when I get one down the road I'll have some odds and ends for it.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Billy horrible idea! I don't think you have room for the SL stuff and I know where I can put it for you
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168