Thread: PS rack line fitting size?

boostaholic

PS rack line fitting size?

What size is are the fittings on the rack for the send and return to the pump? My power steering pump leaks like crazy so I don't use it anymore. I'd like to loop the lines together at the rack with a short section of steel line.

I could just crawl under it and pull it apart and look, but I don't have time before work and I'm hoping someone can give me an answer so I can pick up a line on my dinner break.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: PS rack line fitting size?

I just used the rubber return line and shoved it over the steel pressure line. Dont remember if I used a hose clamp or zip tie or anything. Since there is no pressure it will not leak once connected

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

im pretty sure its 3/8" line

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Its 3/8's line but I believe the fittings are larger than the average fitting. JT has it, just cut the high pressure line and loop together with some rubber hose.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

is it a DD? If so I would not suggest not having power steering. It sucks. My high pressure line blew apart on my 88 and had to use a crows foot with an extension to get it off the rack, the loop it up all around, sucked, not something I want to do again.

boostaholic

It is. I've been driving it without power steering for a while now, I don't mind. Parking lots are kinda sucky sometimes, but for the most part its not a problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JDAWG View Post
    is it a DD? If so I would not suggest not having power steering. It sucks. My high pressure line blew apart on my 88 and had to use a crows foot with an extension to get it off the rack, the loop it up all around, sucked, not something I want to do again.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

My DD T2 Shadow has had a powerless rack forever. I even took it on the road course at SDAC-14 and it was not too bad. All a matter of personal preference tho, gotta have a tad bit of upper body strength not to mind.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

yeah i drove a k car with a fast rack for years with the ps belt cut. it wasnt that bad.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.