Thread: Codes on SMEC chips?

Codes on SMEC chips?

Does anyone have a list of what the codes on the factory SMEC chips are? I have a couple of turbo SMECS and I'm not sure which is which anymore. I do know from socketing a few of these that they have a calibration specific code thats printed on a sticker on the chip. Any help would be appreciated. What I'm looking for is the code for the 89 TII, and the 89 TI auto and manual codes.

Thanks,

Ben Huebner
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Codes on SMEC chips?

Are you wanting the PNs for the SMECs, or the numbers on the chips themselves? I was unaware that there was a list of actual chip PNs compiled.

Anyway, you could also pull the chip and look at it to compare with other cals to know for sure, but that is a bit of work of course. I believe there is a list of the SMEC PNs in the knowledge center if I am not mistaken.

I got this from the D-Cal group on yahoo and threw it on my site for ya. I think in most cases the last 3 digits of the computer part number are the digits that are on the sticker on the chip

http://www.stayinspool.com/computers.htm

Just chip the computer and run your own cal, no guesswork

Thanks TurboBuggy, I believe what you have said is true. I just went and compared the list to an 89 Lebaron 2.5L chip that removed for a different cal and the last three digits on the list for an 89 Lebaron match the digits on the chip.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Yes, that's right. The last 3 digits of the PN are the cal ID code, and it's the same code printed on the chip. This is true for all SMEC's and SBEC's thru ~'91.

Also, the same 3 digit code is in the binary file. It's what scantools use to auto-ID the car/computer.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki