Thread: stumble when turning right

Hybrid booster

stumble when turning right

this issue still isnt solved and the shadow has been sitting for a while. 2 days ago i drove the car to a mechanic to figure out this issue and the damn thing ran great and the scanner could not pikc anything up.

yesterday i took it for a boot again for a good half hour and is started to buck and jug when ever i turned right.

if you search my name in the help section you'll find ive had this issue for a while and that it develops over time from stumble onyl when turning right fast to stumbling whenever i take any turn at any speeds.

there are no codes and the fuel pressure does no dip but rather bounce from 40-60psi when bucking

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: stumble when turning right

Well, I feel hurt,

To me, sounds like either a fuel load issue in the tank-how full is the gas? or go over your wiring harness, sounds like something could be rubbing on right turns causing your issue.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Well, I feel hurt,

To me, sounds like either a fuel load issue in the tank-how full is the gas? or go over your wiring harness, sounds like something could be rubbing on right turns causing your issue.
    dont feel bad, pierre (mechanic friend), lives 5 minutes(no need for a tow ) away from me and he said he can take a quick look at for free. As always though the cars we have run great when its time to see the doctor. Just like my old Daytona
    Once/if this issue is fixed i got an alternator tension issue that i give up on

Only does it when its warm
    It doesnt matter how full the fuel tank is as it does it even at a full tank
    fuel pressure doesnt dip
    no codes

it has an aftermarket sound system that MAY be the issue. Reason why i say this is because it didnt stumble when the sub/amp were out. This could just be a coincidence

Get it warm, then wiggle the wiring harness and see what happens.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

A friend had a similar issue, Drove him nuts... His issue was the wires going to the coil were pinched in the motor mount area and would ground during cornering.
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Two possibles.
    Neighbors son's car blew the wiper fuse whenever they were on. My mech checked found nothing wrong and replaced the motor. drove it, no probs.
    Kid picks it up blows the fuse in first rain. His dad goes psycho and call my mech every name in the book. Neighbor's nickname is now Psycho man.
    The long and short of it is the sound system was on the wiper fuse. The mechs like their hearing and never tested it with the radio for the deaf at full blast.
    2 A tc owner had you prob and a bad pass engine mount was causing the problem. Don't know if the ground wire or the harness was being pulled a little.

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

^^^^^ Yep... The flex caused the coil wire to ground.
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

turbo addict

3 suggestions...

i) Does this only happen in the rain/wet road ?
    Had cars that like to soak the belts turning right in the wet or when you catch a puddle on that side.

ii) did you check for the steering binding anywhere? Rusted up tie rod ends or inners, rack falling off, etc, might make the pump work real hard and try to stall it.

iii) Check your oil, overfull it could be flooding the bottom end on rights.

Garrett booster

Does it completely turn off and then fully restart again on these turns?

Garrett booster

Also, is it an Auto and do you brake boost it out of these turns at all?

Hybrid booster

mine does that to, the fuel pump pickup is screwed and it dies on hjard corners if its not full

Hybrid booster

does it whenever, even when dry or full of gas.

Ill check the coil wire and see if i can figure out were the installer installed the sound system....i know he grounded the sub behind the back seats on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by WOP'R View Post
    does it whenever, even when dry or full of gas.

Ill check the coil wire and see if i can figure out were the installer installed the sound system....i know he grounded the sub behind the back seats on the floor.
    Hmmmmmmmm, wonder if he pinched a wire when he did that?

Hybrid booster

Had some time today

got the car warmed up and CRANKED on the wiring harness, wiggled all wires and the car never stumbled. Yes, i did notice that a section of the wiring harness runs under the pass side mount and looked pinched against the strut tower. I paid extra attention to moving around the wires there and found nothing.

Took the car for a boot and did a few 180 right turns. Aside from noticing that a shadow handles better than a daytona, the car ran like a champ.
    But I did notice one thing: the fuel tank gauge would dip a 1/4 tank when turning left or increase a 1/4 tank when turning right. Also i could hear the fuel splashing around in the tank ALOT. This to me doesnt seem normal.

Went home and cranked the the wiring harness again and found nothing.

I just remembered that this issue started happening AFTER i shifted the gas tank over to install the TU 3" exhaust system. the gas tank is a little dented at parts.

Can anyone tell me where the pick up is located in the tank?

I guess all thats left right now is to install the sub/amp and take it for a boot to see if it stumbles
    PS the remember being told by the installer that he hooked the system up to the ignition.

In that case, I would take the tank out, it could be all that bashing, somethings come loose and its either pinching a power wire-had that happen to me on a Camaro, took me months to figure that out, or the fuel pickup is being plugged.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    In that case, I would take the tank out, it could be all that bashing, somethings come loose and its either pinching a power wire-had that happen to me on a Camaro, took me months to figure that out, or the fuel pickup is being plugged.
    +1

Take a look inside that tank.

Hybrid booster

damn! thats something i wont be able to do here

also is the fuel gauge bouncing around 1/4 when turning normal?? also having all that fuel slushing around to the point where i can hear it cant be good