Thread: Koni Coilover ?

Garrett booster

Koni Coilover ?

I just got my coilovers from FWD in for the front, (still waiting on rear) and I'm not too sure how to adjust them. The instructions are unclear. It doesn't look too complicated but I don't want to mess anything up.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Re: Koni Coilover ?

not sure which adjustment you mean, shock or spring? im guessing shock.. shaft rotates in housing to adjust iirc.

There is a little hex screw that you loosen, and then twist the black circular part on the actual coilover and then retighten the hex screw to where you wish the shock to rest. This will either tighten or loosen the spring and alter your stance big time!

Top adjust the strut:

Take the plastic knob. There is a flat piece of metal that protrudes from the very top of the strut. Put the knob on that flat piece of metal. Turn the knob in the direction of the arrow on the knob that says FRIM to make it firmer.... turn the opposite direction to soften. It is NOT recommended to run FULL HARD or FULL SOFT.

To adjust the spring perch height:

Loosen screw on the side of the collar. Move collar up or down to raise/lower the car. re-tighten screw.

Realistically, to do this properly you should have the car on 4 scales that measure the weight at each corner WITH the driver or the equivalent weight of the driver in the seat. then adjust the height of the springs until all four corner weights are even.

If you can't figure it out, send them back and ask for a refund.

Garrett booster

To adjust the spring perch height:

Loosen screw on the side of the collar. Move collar up or down to raise/lower the car. re-tighten screw.

Realistically, to do this properly you should have the car on 4 scales that measure the weight at each corner WITH the driver or the equivalent weight of the driver in the seat. then adjust the height of the springs until all four corner weights are even.

If you can't figure it out, send them back and ask for a refund.
    Thanks, they sent me the instructions for the rear shocks and they also didn't send the spanner wrench either. Not sure if it comes with the rear perches or not since they couldn't ship those yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jah5r View Post
    Thanks, they sent me the instructions for the rear shocks and they also didn't send the spanner wrench either. Not sure if it comes with the rear perches or not since they couldn't ship those yet.
    I never got a spanner wrench to make the adjustments. I don't know anyone who did.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by TurbododgePirate View Post
    I never got a spanner wrench to make the adjustments. I don't know anyone who did.
    Well that sucks.

They didn't come with a little plastic Koni knob?

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    They didn't come with a little plastic Koni knob?
    Yeah, I got the Koni knob, but if you go to their website, it says that every kit from them comes with a spanner wrench so I figured that it would be in there. It isn't hard to adjust the highth without it though.