Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1987 CSX Restoration

turbo addict

1987 CSX Restoration

Since I have decided to purchase the 1987 CSX, I might as well start looking for restoration parts. I know very little about non L-body cars. Is the seat/door panel fabric available anywhere? Is that blue body trim strip available or is that something I'd have to paint? I'm guessing the rubber window trim/door seals are probably unavailable. Please list any CSX parts that are still available new. Tips, links, pointers, etc. will be appreciated.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Mitsu booster

Re: 1987 CSX Restoration

the fabric on seats is csx and 87 plymouth sundance only...someone changed my interior on my csx so i have no matching seats . the blue stripe is a sticker, positiveimpressions i think is the place that makes a new decal kit for shelby cars(someone please correct me if i'm wrong). as for your other questions, i would be interested in knowing also. my csx has been sitting for almost 3 years, just being restarted a few days ago, i got the bug to get her back on the road but she too needs work(not as much as the csx you picked up, cosmetically speaking). good luck with it and post pics of the build up as you go along.

turbo addict

I didn't think about Positive Impressions making that blue strip. I didn't even know it was a decal. I still gotta go pick the car up before I can figure out what all I need.

It will be a while before I actually start working on the car. I'm going to freshen up my GLHS first.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS592 View Post
    I didn't think about Positive Impressions making that blue strip. I didn't even know it was a decal. I still gotta go pick the car up before I can figure out what all I need.

It will be a while before I actually start working on the car. I'm going to freshen up my GLHS first.
    The blue stripe is basically a wide pinestripe decal.

Can't think of any CSX parts that are still available from Chrysler. Even Shadow parts are hard to come by. Things like coolant bottles, washer reservoirs, window trim, door habdles, interior trim are all NS1. Heck even the plastic bezel that goes around the radio/boost gauge is NS1.

Remember the P bodies have been out of production for 14 model years now.

turbo addict

I didn't know if any parts were still in the system. I got the last Shelby Charger nose listed in the Mopar parts system in 2004. I thought maybe Shadow parts might still be there since they ran 7 years after the Charger went out of production.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor CSX321's Avatar

Back when I restored the interior of my '87, the trim shop was able to find an almost exact match for the seat material.

i'd recommend making a list of parts you want to get NOS replacements for and head to your local dodge dealer, for free he can do a national stock search and provide you with contact info for dealers who show the item still on the shelf, believe me just when you think theres nothing left you will find that elusive item. i found plenty of stuff that was NS1 and still sitting on some obscure shelf in Idaho or wherever.

Hybrid booster

Kevin,

I've collected a lot of parts while getting my 87 put back together.

Once you figure out what you need, let me know.

Thanks!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

yea, like window scrapers! i need those badly for my csx! i had the dealer do a national parts search for the scraper and found one in NY. So i called the dealer there to find out that the part is damaged.... and that's why he's been sitting on it forever.

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lowrango View Post
    the fabric on seats is csx and 87 plymouth sundance only...
    '87 Shadow's, ES's for sure, had those seats too.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    '87 Shadow's, ES's for sure, had those seats too.

i never knew that..my 88 es had the nicer seats. i had a plain jane 87, that had seats just like the 88 csx-t's. never looked inside a 87 shadow es tho

i need to find an interior for my csx...even if the seats need work... i hate having the incorrect seats and door panels when every other "shelby" item is present in car.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeshadowchik View Post
    yea, like window scrapers! i need those badly for my csx! i had the dealer do a national parts search for the scraper and found one in NY. So i called the dealer there to find out that the part is damaged.... and that's why he's been sitting on it forever.
    lol I found that out too! what ws you told the cost was... $75bucks shipped was quoted to me.

I'm almost afraid to admit this... I have a brand new pair of window scrapers out in the garage, still in the package. I got them several years ago when they were still available, intending to put them on my '87. I probably will put them on the '89 now instead.

I got really lucky. When I ordered them, the parts guy told me it would be $150-something dollars total. When they came in, he said he'd made a mistake and that was supposed to be EACH. But he honored the original price and sold me BOTH for that price!

turbo addict

I guess I'd better be scrounging the junkyards.

turbo addict

Kevin,

Andy Stachar had the blue body trim pieces for sale at SDAC, they looked pretty mint!

turbo addict

I talked to Andy yesterday. I guess I didn't mention the CSX to him. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by OMNI-Potent View Post
    Kevin,

I've collected a lot of parts while getting my 87 put back together.

Once you figure out what you need, let me know.

Thanks!
    Greg, I'll do it.

I might have to order a couple parts from you for my silver car too.

Hybrid booster

SMS Auto Fabric has the correct '87 CSX seat fabric.

I'm looking for a set of window scrapers for my CSX as well. Cheaped out and missed the boat when they were still available new.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus86GLHS View Post
    i'd recommend making a list of parts you want to get NOS replacements for and head to your local dodge dealer, for free he can do a national stock search and provide you with contact info for dealers who show the item still on the shelf, believe me just when you think theres nothing left you will find that elusive item. i found plenty of stuff that was NS1 and still sitting on some obscure shelf in Idaho or wherever.
    If you have the part numbers you can also do a search for them on partsvoice.com

I asked SMS once if they could reproduce the "SHELBY" fabric. They said they could if they had a good sample, but I didn't ask what it would cost. A pretty penny, I'm sure.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by CSX321 View Post
    I asked SMS once if they could reproduce the "SHELBY" fabric. They said they could if they had a good sample, but I didn't ask what it would cost. A pretty penny, I'm sure.
    I actually received a sample of the CSX seat fabric SMS had in stock. If it isn't identical, it's really close.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast