Thread: 87 Csx #466

Hybrid booster

87 Csx #466

Does anyone on here own this car? Does this car still exist? I'm trying to track this car/owner down if it hasn't been parted out and destroyed. PM me please.

Re: 87 Csx #466

I have it recorded on my list as RIP.

Hybrid booster

hmm.. no offense here but how reliable is your list? The reason I ask is because I have the dash plaque and I was going to alter it to use in my modded '89. I can't in good conscience do that if this car is still "alive and kicking" and missing the plaque. You know? Thanks man!

where did you get the plague? I won't claim the list to be fail safe as I havn't been able to get a list of the numbered cars VIN/number to start verifing what is gone and what isn't. I get my information from shelbyregistry.com and members from the forums and every now and then ill ask sellers on eBay if its being parted and if so what number. Once I can find a seller of the list I spoke of above I will be able to make it fail safe.

Hybrid booster

I bought it from a friend so I'm not really sure where he got it from. I'll have to ask. No biggy man, I figured I'd post and give that a try since I can't reverse a modification.. you know? Thanks!

I agree, I would hate to go through with the plan then see a help i need my dash plague thread then read its 466 that would suck to say, yeah i have that plague but it reads 488 now sorry.. Im going to see where I got the number from and ill let you know if/when i find out where i was told it was a RIP car.

Hybrid booster

ok, that works!

turbo addict

If you can find out what VIN the cars were that went with those numbers and do a car fax then you would be able to track down where it is or was and try to contact the last known registered owner. Its worth a shot and would help you in your quest.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Mitsu booster

Pretty valiant effort. Not a lot of people would do that. This community is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by chillz1 View Post
    Pretty valiant effort. Not a lot of people would do that. This community is awesome.

+1 on that statement!

Did you ever find out the VIN or contact steve(shelbymotorsports) for information on it?

Hybrid booster

No but I did offer it for sale on the "other" site. I just can't bring myself to modify the tag... I'd rather let it go to someone who is missing one than butcher it. Nobody is making these and an original will always be better than a repop. Anyhow all my efforts in searching for this particular car has turned up nothing.