Thread: Oil pressure loss.

Hybrid booster

Oil pressure loss.

Do you lose oil pressure when a HG blows? Before a pulled the head off, the oil pressure gauge wasn't going nowhere. The HG was blowned B/E 1 and 2.

turbo addict

Re: Oil pressure loss.

I'm thinking that the only way that could happen would be a large amount of coolant in the oil. Other than that ... there aren't any oil passages under pressure in that location. The opposite corner, yeah. You'd have to have a pretty wide open hole someplace, cracked pick-up tube, something blocking the pick-up, spun bearing, bad gauge/sender?... etc. to effect oil pressure like you described.

Just as an example: let's say you had a cracked turbo oil feed line. You wouldn't notice an oil pressure drop till you really loaded up the engine RPM's. Reason being that crack isn't as large as the passages/bearing(s) slop the oil normally goes through .. until, that is, you've raised the oil pressure to a point that the restrictions at the end of the passages (bearings) block flow enough that the cracked line becomes a better exit. ... result is oil pressure drop. Get off the throttle pressure goes back up.

Hybrid booster

There was no coolant in the oil, I guess I'll see what happens when I fire her right back up, if I can only get that HG from Cindy.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by gvare001 View Post
    There was no coolant in the oil, I guess I'll see what happens when I fire her right back up, if I can only get that HG from Cindy.
    FYI Cindy and James are on vacation till the middle of the month.
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

turbo addict

You can't be serious! So I paid an extra $60 in shipping and I won't even have a chance of gettin the damn thing till august?

turbo addict

That's what I was told. I ordered a set of Magnecor's and I was told the third week of July. I ordered them about a week ago. I know... it sucks, but they have to take vacations too....
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

turbo addict

Well instead of gettin pissed at smashing stuff with wrenches later tonight I guess I'll clean up the engine bay, put in new 6X9's, sand the hood with the blip, polish and wax the car, and maybe redo some paint and wiring.

Hybrid booster

I've been doing the same thing, just doing stuff around the car until I get the HG. By the way I dind't know they were on vacation, so I guess I'll just take a chill pill.

Hybrid booster

Ok so I coulnd't wait any longer, so I went to nearest Dodge dealership and ordered the head gasket, and somehow the guy ordered HG 2005 and 2006, I was just trying to see which one would take shorter time to get to me, but somehow he figured that I wanted both. Anyhow, I pickup both HG's this morning, and now questions, and more questions. Should I go with the 2005 or the 2006, the 2005 leaves some passages open and still covers the CD's. I'm not sure what to do, the one thing I don't like about the 2006 is that it erodes the deck surface on the front CD hole.

Hybrid booster

Ok so I reassembled everything back, the motor had oil pressure by the way, but it was running like crap, so I did a compression check, and cyl#1 had zero pressure, at that point I was cursing hell, but I decided to pull everything apart again, and what do I discover, here it is;

turbo addict

Thats brutal but I know how you feel. Approximatly 3 times.

turbo addict

Always do a compression test first before dissembling the engine.

turbo addict