Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 85 Injector Harness

Garrett booster

85 Injector Harness

Injector harness needed for 85 daytona. I have a new replacement one for later cars but don't want to hack up my wiring yet if I don't have to.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Re: 85 Injector Harness

Is it different from an '86? I might have an '86 laying around.

Garrett booster

I am not to sure would you be able to take a picture of it?

Hybrid booster

same harness
    [COLOR="Red"][B][I]Turbo Cars are like hot women. A little edgy, every guy wants one, some guys can't handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix they'll rock your world![/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]2005 Dodge Neon - *15.88@85* - Daily Driver[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]1985 Dodge Shelby Charger - Project Car[/COLOR]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Destro View Post
    I am not to sure would you be able to take a picture of it?
    Let me make sure I still have it first, and if I can find it I'll send you a pic.

turbo addict

I have one here 25.00 shipped in the lower 48

turbo addict

I have one here, 25.00 shipped in the lower 48

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor "Top Fuel" Bender's Avatar

are you sure they are the same?
    alot of the 85 and earlier cars used the l-shaped plug instead of the rectangle
    l-bodies used them even longer
    I believe you can pull the pins out of the rectangle connector and switch it over to the l-shaped and visa versa

Garrett booster

Yes it does have the L shape one.
    Does anyone have the pinouts or wiring diagrams?

I posted this in the tech section a while back and didnt really get much.
    so I figured instead of guessing with the wiring id just see if i can find one.

Mitsu booster

i have A EXTRA HARNESS DOES ANY ONE HAVE A FUEL PUMP SENDING UNIT FOR A 86 CHARGER TURBO??? CANT FIND ANYWHERE

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by rivelandmotorsports View Post
    DOES ANY ONE HAVE A FUEL PUMP SENDING UNIT FOR A 86 CHARGER TURBO???
    Is this a Thread Hijack? Or is he offering a swap, in a round-about way?

Destro: I have a harness with an L-shaped (Omni) connector. If the other Repliers don't follow through, Email me with a meaningful Subject Line to discuss offline.
    - Andy
    palmer.aj@juno.com

Garrett booster

Kinda bringing this thread back from the dead does anyone who posted above still have said harness.

I am trying to get my car together also looking for an 87 turbo distributor and pickup and throttle body so i can complete my 87 t2 swap

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Kinda bringing this thread back from the dead does anyone who posted above still have said harness.

I am trying to get my car together also looking for an 87 turbo distributor and pickup and throttle body so i can complete my 87 t2 swap
    I have those, $75 for the dist with a HEP and $30 for a 46mm TB. Hep works, tried it before on my van.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

I would take you up on that offer is it as hard to send stuff out of canada as it is to get it in?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

I would take you up on that offer is it as hard to send stuff out of canada as it is to get it in?
    Mmmmmmmmm, I am not in Siberia,

Shipping stuff out is cake, I send and recieve parts all the time.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

I am very for real this time. Turbovanman I will take you up on the offer for that hep distributor and throttle body and if anyone still has a harness in good shape for the injectors. I really don't want to hack up my wiring to mix and match connectors. MY car has the old l shaped connector

I am very for real this time. Turbovanman I will take you up on the offer for that hep distributor and throttle body and if anyone still has a harness in good shape for the injectors. I really don't want to hack up my wiring to mix and match connectors. MY car has the old l shaped connector
    It may seem like NOT the way to go, but in my re-wiring my harness I ended up buying some Molex weather proof multi-pin connectors from www.mouser.com. They sell 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 16 pin connectors. These are SOOOO much better than the factory ones. They sell the pins, connectors and even the blank plugs for the holes you're not using. I have all the part numbers if you need anything. But better than trying to use 20 year old ends and doing the hack and mend job when they start to fray. I'll take a pic and show what I've done.

EDIT:

Here is the page on the connectors and a close up on one I have installed. From the picture you can see the factory one and the Molex one. The Molex one has the same setup with the rubber seal on the end and has blank inserts available and same as the one seen on the factory connector in the picture. The only reason I didn't do all the wires at the injector harness is because I couldn't find the 8-pin connectors! All the part numbers are on that PDF sheet. And you'll see the prices aren't that bad either. I mean unless someone is going to give you a very good shape harness, this isn't such a bad idea. Plans for my car are to replace where I can and it is needed, which is most of the connectors under the hood. :-\
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	connector.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	210.5 KB 
ID:	6187  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster

so nobody has a decent condition harness. I am considering modifying it although I would really rather not I still need that throttlebody and maybe throttle cable before I can finish my conversion though.

turbo addict

Destro,
    The part you are looking for is 22 years old! Do yourself a favor and bite the bullet and just buy a new one. Luckily for us, they are still available from Mopar. Part # 4331329. Just bought two of them. Like $73 net. $97 list. IMO, you can't afford to run a questionable harness on a turbo car. If you do, you are just playing with fire.
    Todd

Garrett booster

Exactly. I got a new one already I still need a throttle body and distributor though I guess ill make another post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast