Thread: Factory alignment specs and caster adjustments

turbo addict

Factory alignment specs and caster adjustments

Hey how do you adjust caster on the front? There is no real adjustment but wondering if moving the K frame around or the top strut mounts(3 bolts) will change it?,there is not very much room to play w/.
    Reason I ask is because the caster on my car is off from frnt left to frnt right like 1deg from side to side. Also the rear camber was different, one was 0 and the other was -1 so I have to figure out the whole shim thing(any input). It handles good for being a little off. I set the frnt to -.7 camber and 0 toe.

Re: Factory alignment specs and caster adjustments

Caster is adjustable in the kframe's wiggle room. Measure the wheel base of the in-spec side. That should give you an idea what you need to do on the other side.

Shims are ----- in the rear. Since you know where the car is at now, it won't be too bad. Just alot for work to adjust the rear camber.

I'd suggest the rear be zeroed out. Zero camber and toe. If you don't plan to autocross or such. Leave toe at factory spec and stay under 1 degree negative camber.

When I was autocrossing daytonas/shadows. I ran toe and camber in the rear. I ran 2 degrees negative camber in the front with 1/8 degree toe out. Gave great turn in, with sweet off throttle oversteer.
    James Dempsey Jr 91 Dodge Shadow ES convertible 95 Dodge Neon Sport sedan 2.4 5spd