Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big rig looks

turbo addict

Big rig looks

This drove to my shop today for me to swap out/install a drop pitman arm.
    I thought it was worth a picture and a breif link to that stuff.

It's a poor quality picture, printed, scanned and put here. I'm the blur on the right. Click to enlarge.

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/featur...lie/index.html

Re: Big rig looks

yea there are trucks areond here like that, I dont really like it myself. Why is the back lower?

turbo addict

For me,that was the first one I've seen. The owner did not install the rear "blocks" yet.

Hybrid booster

I've seen those kits advertised but never a truck up close. I didn't think it looked good till I saw spinners on a real "big rig"...

What was the install like?? Is it all spacers and axle breaking weight or is it done "right"?

turbo addict

The owner installed everything in his driveway/garage except he didn't have a pitman arm puller. It appears the "kit" consists of tubular upper and lower lateral arms, spring spacers, longer shocks, sway bar lowering brackets. And of course, the wheel bearing destroying adapter plates bolted to the factory hubs.

Overall, kind of cheesy bolt-on package, but the owner seemed happy with voiding his warranty for thoses looks. meh.

turbo addict

I think that looks stupid. Guys lowering duallies is stupid too. Also, I hate the rear fenders on Mega Cab Dodge duallies.

Sorry, I'm opinionated tonight.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

so are those actual semi-truck rims?? There are one or two trucks running around town with them, and I wondered what they were.

as for lowered duallys....... There is a guy here in town that has a crew cab cummins diesel dually SLAMMED to the ground. He can/does still tow a trailer and it looks cool going down the road like that.
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Hybrid booster

I like it.

Meh. I prefer small rims with massive meat-digger tires.

Garrett booster

My only change would be an 8 foot bed. Dodge is getting spanked by Ford and Chevy for making the big 4 door, 1 ton and 8 foot bed. Dodge finally gave us the 4 door and it was about the size of my 98 quad cab. Now with the Mega Cab there is some real room but no 8 foot bed. And a bunch of "somebodies" need to be fired in the R & D dept. for those bed fenders! Come on! But I do like the William Shatner looking headlamps.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Moparboyy's '92 Redneck Limo is still probably the longest Dodge truck ever made...

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

I actually like the rear fender flares on the mega cab dually, The flare on the 8 foot bed don't need to be that big. It would be nice to get an 8 foot bed with the mega cab though.

Mitsu booster

the bed looks really small on that black dodge

boostaholic

I think it would look beter siting on 42 inch boggers.

Mitsu booster

every thing is better with boggers

boostaholic

I may be geting a set for my old truck,or some ltb's just cause there cheap.

Garrett booster

JT- Moparboys truck is cool. I almost built that in a dualley until I bought mine. Then I sold the project. How did you guys get that picture in the traffic jam? Did someone just jump out of another car up ahead?

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Yeah, that redneck limo kicks ---! Amazingly it is not a dog even with the little Magnum 5.2L (sam as my Dak) in it!

Interesting picture. We got stopped on the highway on I-70 westbound on the way home from the Mopar Nats a couple years ago. Not too far into the trip, still in OH, it was a dead stop for construction. We got out to stretch our legs then the traffic in front moved about 50 yeards then stopped again. I saw the opportunity and ran out to take the picture. There were more backed up cars just to the left of the shot that I intentionally missed in the shot. The funnt part is the people behind us were honking their horns wanting us to move up that 50 yards

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

boostaholic

There is a company in Texas doing longbed conversions on the new MegaCab trucks...

http://www.megacablongbed.com/truck9.html

I like the exhaust on that one.

Here's one without duallies...
    http://www.megacablongbed.com/truck7.html

Garrett booster

YEEH HAWW!! NOW THAT'S A TRUCK! I AM IN LOVE! Does anyone want to buy a little ole used 98 3500 V10 SPort dually so I can get into a NEW truck payment? DAMN!! THAT IS THE TRUCK DODGE SHOULD HAVE BUILT. WOOOT!! I am going to make this my new wallpaper for a while. I hate to replace the GLHS. THAT IS BAD!

JT- I was going to build a 91/85 4 door 1 ton dually, black on top and red on the bottom like the 96 "waterfall" paint scheme, 400 4speed. That traffic jam pic cracks me up. I knew you were going to say people were honking.

DID I MENTION THAT LINK IS A BAD TRUCK? WOW!! I would want it in 2 wheel drive tough and the pipes are cool too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast