Thread: Chicago Tribune

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Chicago Tribune

Chicago Tribune is doing an article about Minivan Racing!!!!
    Here is how to be apart of it...

If you are a racer in Illinois or the Midwest and/or have a minivan that you actually race, contact myself or Turbodave. Send us a quick writeup about your car, yourself, and your racing status. We will pass it on to Ted and he will follow up with you and hopefully do an interview.

If you do not have a minivan, please pass this on to your friends that do!

Rock on!
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Chicago Tribune

That is too cool. I can't wait to read it. This will help to further the turbo mini legend for sure.

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Re: Chicago Tribune

It sounds like the article isn't 100% set in stone yet, but I would like to get as much information and as many contacts together as I can.

Here's the main things I think they are looking for. Since this is a big newspaper people probably aren't going to be as concerned with what trim compressor wheel is in your turbo, but a paragraph or two explaining why you bought your van, why you enjoy racing it, and how fast it is. Any interesting stories you have from the track would also be great. If you have pictures or a link to your van on a webpage that would be helpful as well. You can send me your phone# and email if you are ok with Ted contacting you. He's a nice guy and I talked with him on the phone this afternoon for a few minutes. I will probably try to meet with him face to face after I get back from SDAC.

This is a good opportunity to get a little more publicity on our hobby. Maybe turbovans will go up in value once people hear how cool they are. I'm going to reserve a spot for mine at Barrett Jackson, just in case..lol...
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...