Thread: TU 3-Bar/+40's Cal Passes E-test!

Garrett booster

TU 3-Bar/+40's Cal Passes E-test!

Hey guys,

Just a note on my car passing our Ontario E-test, car has a fully built bottom end (Wiseco's, ARP Main studs, etc) and highly ported/polished +1mm head.

The car passed waaay under the limits, exhaust is a 3in SS system with a 3in Magnaflow cat. The TU cal was tuned for the +40's and a 3-bar, fuel pressure was 55psi static.

Just thought I'd share my success, now the test pipe goes back on. . .

Re: TU 3-Bar/+40's Cal Passes E-test!

That's pretty dang cool, way to go Paul!

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Skibbe's Avatar

That's awesome. I tried the same stunt here in Illinois with a TU cal, +40%, cat on a 2.5L and failed miserably. Ooops... Passed with small injectors and stock cal though, so I got around it.

Now emissions testing here is just a distnt memory, so I don't plan on going back!

turbo addict

Hope I'm not highjacking, but my built 2.5 bottom end, stock head, 2 piece intake, cummins i/c, heavily ported exhaust manny, S60 turbo with ported 2.5" SV, and full 3" side exit no cat, +40's 3bar etc passed a couple months back too. It was the cleanest it's ever been. Started at a 2.2 T2 with just an MP cal and no cat side exit 2.5" pipe. The 1st year on the 2.5 it barely passed. Better with a 2 bar cal scaled to run the +40's and now cleaner yet with the above setup.

It's nice when you can just pull up to the Etest and not have to change anything prior. The only thing I did different for it was have the 2 step rev limiter armed and set for 2k rpms for the test. Good thing too. In 3rd gear the tester started riding the clutch. Should of seen the look on his face when the car started to almost bounce off the rollers I just yelled "GET YOUR FOOT OFF THE CLUTCH!"

I passed with NO cat with my TU cal for 3 bar +40's. The car idled smoother than completely stock and pulled 22 inches of vacuum. Paul nailed my cal for my setup perfect.

Matt i didnt know they had emissions in PA. Good to know though, about the cal. MD is the 2nd hardest state next to CA, luckily I have ways if getting around it if I have to. But honestly if your car fails its not running like its supposed to anyways so fix it.

In PA for 95-older vehicles it's just a visual inpection. I went to a place that had the tail-pipe sniffer just because I wanted to see if it passed, but it wasn't mandatory. I was curious because it was running so well.
    BTW I was running the stock FPR.

EDIT- I just remembered I was running a CATCO high flow cat, so my bad there. I forgot that I was running it just for that test, and then I hollowed it out and shoved a pipe through it a month or 2 later.