Thread: turbo oil feed line.

Hybrid booster

Exclamation turbo oil feed line.

I put a used 2.5L turbo I motor in my 89 lebaron convertible. I noticed lotsa smoke from the exhaust and discoverd it was spitting oil from around the turbo. I assume its something related to the oil feed for the turbo, but I cant see the damn thing cuz the intake is in the way on the top and the turbo is in the way on the bottom.

any one run into this before, how can I access the line/fitting ? I dread dropping the motor again.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: turbo oil feed line.

It can be done, but it is a real downer. You can see the fitting on there if you look at it between the intake and the top of the compressor housing. Make sure that you have a sealer on the 1/8th NPT fitting that goes into the center section, and that the line that attaches to that fitting is snugged up properly. Take your time, as you don't want to fry a turbo due to haste.

Hybrid booster

ok.... after I got over freaking out thinking I was gonna have to pull the engine again. I pulled the turbo hoses and got fairly easy access to the fitting on the line, it was loose. I didnt put any thread sealer on the fitting going into the turbo, hopefully it doesnt leak.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

You can do it in the car, remove the air cleaner assembly, wastegate can and you have access. If you have a Garrett, its easier, if you have a Mitsu, might be harder. I had to undo the band clamp and remove the compressor side, fixed the line and put it back together.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Heck, if you recently had the turbo off you could pull the turbo with the head on pretty easily. Just slide under the car and remove all but the upper left nut. Remove the upper left nut from up top with a 3/8" drive ratchet, extension, and a socket. Slide the turbo out over the trans. I can do this pretty quickly now that I have done it a time or two. It is a real money saver when you start adding up gaskets and even time after a while.