Anyone have some ideas on mounting a fuel cell in an L body?

The time has come to retire the Walbro in-tank and stock lines/rail. I've got a few parts on the shelf already, like a S60 pump and -6 feed that I'll probably be using. I'll upgrade the rail, and then swap from a rail mounted AFPR to an Aeromotive AFPR also, as I can run AN fittings and braded line on everything.

So, I'm trying to decide what to do for a fuel tank. I'm not ready to go race only, so I don't want to go with a small 3gal cell up front. It would be convenient to drop something in the spare tire well, but I don't think it would pass tech without some sort of vented enclosure seperating the hatch area from the driver. I could cut out the spare tire well, and sheet over it, and then mount a cell underneath that area.

I also have a new stock tank on hand, but don't know if putting a sump on it will end up being too low. The S60 pump came out of another charger that just had the pump mounted externally, and then the inlet plumbed to a piece of rubber tubing laying on the bottom of the tank. Pumps are designed to push, not pull, so that is not something I want to duplicate.