Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spoke With Kaminari Today

Re: Spoke With Kaminari Today

Thanx, And I saw a few pics somewhere with a bunch of other concept TD's I forgot where tho. And it had like 3 pics of the Yellow Bird that was an awesome car.

Mitsu booster

I don`t care if it has a bulge, scoop, flat...whatever...I just want a lightweight `glass hood for my drag car!!!..those steel hoods are HEAVY!!! Whatever happened to the yellow DC shadow anyway...LUVED that car

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skunkwork View Post
    I don`t care if it has a bulge, scoop, flat...whatever...I just want a lightweight `glass hood for my drag car!!!..those steel hoods are HEAVY!!! Whatever happened to the yellow DC shadow anyway...LUVED that car

Our hoods are not heavy at all. Modern cars have a much thinner gauge of steel used than cars from the 60's where a fiberglass hood or fenders really helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Directconnection View Post
    Our hoods are not heavy at all. Modern cars have a much thinner gauge of steel used than cars from the 60's where a fiberglass hood or fenders really helps.
    +1. not only that, but the weight is where you want it.

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Directconnection View Post
    When I swapped engines in my 74 Charger it took two of us to lift that heavy hood off the car. I can usually hold a fwd mopar hood up with one hand while I bolt it on with the other.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Mitsu booster

Not to get this thread off track, but I work in a body shop an take hoods off an on cars an trucks on a daily basis......granted the hoods are a little lighter on todays cars than TD`s but not buy alot. I just want a light weight hood for my drag shadow....GEEESH!!!!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skunkwork View Post
    Not to get this thread off track, but I work in a body shop an take hoods off an on cars an trucks on a daily basis......granted the hoods are a little lighter on todays cars than TD`s but not buy alot. I just want a light weight hood for my drag shadow....GEEESH!!!!
    Nothing wrong with that. We just happen to be the biggest bunch of pragmatists in town is all.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Make a mold from your hood and do it in fiberglass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][FONT=Comic Sans MS]'91 Shadow convertible 2.5 auto, three core RP IC, S60/.48 stg 1, ported two-piece intake/52mm TB, Menegon +1 swirl, 88 turbo cam, Venolias, Crower rods, TU deep sump pan, ported exhaust, 3" from SV to TP, Hughes TC, Peloquin diff, DSS L5 driveshafts, Shelgame cal, Koni struts/shocks. [/FONT]

Any luck getting Kaminari to even consider making the Shelby GFX again?

Have not heard from them yet. I will be calling them by the end of the week.

???? Bumpity

Exclamation Email Them!!!

Just got off of the phone with the main guy who takes the calls. His name is Andy, and he told me he has forwarded the information ahead to the owner of Kaminari in terms of the interest level of reproducing the 89 CSX GFX package (sides and rear). He is awaiting a response as the owner is backed up currently with the SEMA event.

In the meantime, I asked for an email address in which I could get everyone to send their suggestions and show of interest towards remaking these products, and perhaps suggesting the producing of SC front GFX as a one piece deal. Please email suggestions and what not to andy@kaminari.com . Be sure to mention you're from this message forum and even my name to him if you need to, he should know it by now after all these calls lol... along with the fact that we're looking for them, as a reputable company who worked with Shelby on the CSX-VNT project, to come back to this genre of vehicles to assist its hobbyists in the restoring of their prominence appearance wise. In addition, mention that there is a section for Group Buys on this forum, and if they create an ID they can begin a thread to further gain interest and explain the outlook on things to come.

Email sent!

Well, still have yet to receive my mounting hardware for my front air dam, even though they promised twice to have sent it out. Ugh.

Bump to the top again

turbo addict

Billy did get his mounting hardware on the 23rd... 4 whole screws, wow.

Bump any Updates?

And I think a good idea is to get a list of people who would be interested in the 89 GFX and call them and say here is a list of 20 people who have the money and want these parts. They would seem alot more likely to do something about producing the stuff instead of a call here and there....

I'm no longer pursuing it. I tried a number of times during the course of the summer there, but they didn't seem to keen on getting back to me on it. You can try if you'd like, but I really do not see anything ever coming out of it.

Yeah, I sent them an email a while ago and got no response. What a bunch of @$$holes.

??? any updates

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast