Thread: 90 Daytona ES TI for parts or fix it and drive it

Mitsu booster

90 Daytona ES TI for parts or fix it and drive it

I hate to do this, but I have too many cars at my house and this one is just sitting, and I really don't have the interest in fixing it. I'm located in the suburbs of Chicago.

- The car
    It's a white 90 Daytona ES TI, with an auto trans. It's white with silver ground effects and snowflake wheels. The interior color is maroon. It is all stock, except for a manual boost controller.

- Options
    The car has power windows, locks, and lumbar support. It has a 6 speaker Bose cassette player sound system. I think one of the door speakers is blown. The car has a factory sunroof, which does not leak.

- Condition
    The interior is decent, although the driver side seat shows some wear. The body is kinda rough, as it has rust on the quarters, roof, and hatch. The floorboards are shot, but not to the point where you can't drive it. Other than the turbo, the car starts and runs awesome.

- Problems
    The biggest problem is the car needs a turbo. I think either the bearings are shot, as it burns a lot of oil through the turbo. The turbo barely spools and doesn't make much boost. It has the stock Mitsu turbo.

The odometer stopped working at roughly 178k. The speedo still works fine.

The windshield is cracked.

The heater controls are stuck on defrost. I tried to fix it, but the problem is that they are not getting vacuum from the engine. I tried to trace the vacuum line to the engine, but I can't find the bugger.

The power steering pump locked up, so I cut the belt off so I could drive the car. It needs a new pump and a belt.

It has newer tires (Falken Ziex 512's; 205/50/15's). The two in back are like new...the front ones are shot from a bad alignment. I had an alignment done right after I got the tires put on, but they screwed something up. When you drive the car, you can feel the alignment go in and out while accelerating. I was told the shop probably left the trans mount loose when doing the alignment.

The trans was replaced very recently with a used trans. Mileage is unknown, but the trans works like a charm.

The front brakes are not very old. It may need rear brakes, but the car stopped fine when i was driving it.

The fuel tank has a small hole in it and will leak if you put any more than a half tank in. I have a spare tank that will go with the car.

I have a set or rear window louvers that fit the car, but they need to be refinished.

I never got the title back from the state. I can get it if you want to register the car.

That's all I can think of right now. If you have any questions, let me know. I'll take some pics tonight when I get home from work.

I'm askin $500 obo.
    Last edited by Aron; 06-06-2007 at 04:50 PM.

Mitsu booster

Re: 90 Daytona ES TI for parts or fix it and drive it

I forgot to mention that this is a 2.5L car. I took some pics tonight, so I'll post them tomorrow after resizing them.

Mitsu booster

Pics...

Front end

Side shot

Rear tire tread

Small rust spot on hatch under spoiler

Passenger side shot

Mitsu booster

More pics...

Passenger side quarter panel (driver side is about the same condition)

Roof (it's rusty but still very solid; no holes)

I'm taking best offer on this car guys. I know there's a lot of little things wrong with it, but it still runs awesome and would make an excellent beater/work car.

Will take more pics on request.

If I was staying in chicago longer than another month or so, I would love a deal like this, free bump for ya!

I will probably never find something good like this back in nevada.

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Aron, I'll mention it at the SDAC-Chicago meeting this Saturday, hopefully we can help you find a good home for the car. I'm at capacity right now and don't have room to bring another one home or else I'd be calling you.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodave View Post
    Aron, I'll mention it at the SDAC-Chicago meeting this Saturday, hopefully we can help you find a good home for the car. I'm at capacity right now and don't have room to bring another one home or else I'd be calling you.

Thanks Dave.

I'm also still considering fixing it and keeping it, so if somebody local wants to make some cash, let me know.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Cool, we'll post it to the CL e-mailing list too.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Mitsu booster

Come take it for $350. The shortblock for the Z28 is almost ready, and I need money to get that thing running.

Mitsu booster

New price.....$300.....and more pics.

Mitsu booster

I'll give it one more shot. I've already been calling scrap yards looking for the best deal. If it doesn't sell in the next couple days, it's getting junked.

The city sent me a letter last week, so it has to go.

Come get it for $200 obo

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

I'll post it to the SDAC-CL list again

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Aron View Post
    I'll give it one more shot. I've already been calling scrap yards looking for the best deal. If it doesn't sell in the next couple days, it's getting junked.

The city sent me a letter last week, so it has to go.

Come get it for $200 obo
    Dang dude... that's a pretty good deal.
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

turbo addict

... I just spent nearly 700 and still don't have my lancer running. This is a GREAT! deal.. Man next time I will hold off..
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

I will take it. Cash money, truck and dolly ready to go.

Sending pm with contact info.

Mitsu booster

Thanks a lot guys.

boostaholic

AHHH Only if it where a grey interior i woulda picked this one up...i am still deciding if i should convert my 89 interior to a 90's interior. i want a more modern look.

Tom

Garrett booster

I have the exact same car hear in Oregon. I just parted out a 89 Daytona Shelby to get it going. Mine is in much better condition. The interior is perfect, no rust, but it had a blown motor. If you cranked it with the radiator cap off you could see puffs comming out the radiator. It would never start. I paid 200 for it but it was missing the hood and had the wrong front bumper on it because someone repaired it after a minor front end hit. The engine bay had no damage. Good luck on getting it going again.

P.S. 89ShelbyGuy, The car I parted out is a '89 Red/silver Daytona shelby with silver interior. Did you need parts? I'm keeping the seats and console for another project. It's a auto car. I have the digital dash and the rest of the interior is nice. Just the driver seat has a worn point on the wing.

Bill