Thread: walbro 255 install: quick question

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

walbro 255 install: quick question

Car: 86 GLHT ie L-body

Put my walbro into the hanger assembly last night and had a quick question on this.

The plastic bracket that holds the stock pump in place (slides over the pump, clips onto the bottom bracket), would not fit over the walbro 255 pump. It was to big, so I made it fit. IE I ground some of the inside of the plastic away so it slid over the pump.

Then the pump was taller, so the plastic bracket could not slide down far enough to clip into the stock bottom part. SO I ground away a bit of the plastic on the bottom part to make the top bracket clip into place.

SO now I have the top bracket clipped into the bottom "cup", and the pump is secure, BUT this is the main question I have. The way I have it setup now, there is no rubber o-ring between the pump and the top bracket. Im assuming this was for vibration between the pump and the plastic bracket. Will this be an issue? What does everyone else do to keep the pump in place?

Thanks,
    clay
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Hybrid booster

Re: walbro 255 install: quick question

That's the way I've done mine, and it works fine. I don't recall if I used the o-ring or not, but if in doubt use it and remove more material from the "cup" to allow for the increased height.

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Re: walbro 255 install: quick question

I think I did the same thing on my GLH, and I wasn't able to re-use the O-ring.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...