Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you want for TIII cams?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Question What do you want for TIII cams?

I am looking at getting just one stage made up, so I need some input. IF I get enough interest, I can get some billets so no more crappy, over priced cores or small base circles. LMK guys. Thanks.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Re: What do you want for TIII cams?

I might be interested. To be totally honest it simply depends on how agressive they are, the price and how the wallet is feeling at the time.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Thats the point of the thread, I need input on what we/you guys want.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

turbo addict

I want the magic bumpsticks that will allow me to make 500 whp with only +40's and pump gas on less than 20 psi. Oh, and it must idle smooth with enough vacuum to operate my power brakes.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post
    I want the magic bumpsticks that will allow me to make 500 whp with only +40's and pump gas on less than 20 psi. Oh, and it must idle smooth with enough vacuum to operate my power brakes.
    Wow, you mean the holy grail of cams,

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Wow, you mean the holy grail of cams,
    Or an '03-04 Cobra.

Hybrid booster

seems to me alot of ppl dont need to go too wild with these cams. A bunch of ppl are running stage 1 lonewolf cams and are happy.

and extra 50hp with no other mods is not too shabby.

btw any update on the springs?!? if the shadow didnt crap out on us again my R/T would have been ripped apart and ready to go!

Hybrid booster

I was at the Goodguys street rod show in Jacksonville Fl ,I was talking to Crane cams about Making a custom set ( just for the sake of talking) & he said that if I brought mine that They would check them over to see what they could do to make them better. I'm assuming that since that when the cams are reground that most of the advantage is in the EX duration to make up that -20* overlap? They are not re heat treated so you only have a few thousandths to play with & our heads don't flow that much better with higher lifts? sound Correct? But on that note I'm in if they are not sky high

Id argue that my reduced base circle cams are far from crappy...But if you need to trash others work to sell yours so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by MOPAR2YA View Post
    Id argue that my reduced base circle cams are far from crappy...But if you need to trash others work to sell yours so be it.
    Wallace, WTF are you talking about? how nice of you to stir the pot, ironic you complain and moan about OTHERS doing this but yet here you are, causing trouble. You obviously can't read either and also have a guilty conscience. I never mentioned YOUR cams, I mentioned STOCK cams. Go away and troll somewhere else please.
    In case you didn't know, all reground cams have reduced base circles, some more than others due to damage so if you get new cams, no more reduced base circles. Sorry thats over your head, but anyone who sells reground cams should know that, right Wallace? but lets carry on shall we.

Heres your quote...
    "I can get some billets so no more crappy, over priced cores or small base circles."

I think I know a tad about TIII cams, but if you need to trash my reground cams as crappy, because they are reduced base circles so be it. With the 30+ sets Ive done they cant be to "crappy".

Sorry you cant follow your own post. And I dont start stirring anything, I simply saw the post and saw you trashing reground cams, seems apparent to anyone neutral what you posted. Why not just say Im selling or looking into doing new billet cams.? Is it necessary to trash something else to make your sale/pitch?

BTW, I dont run around saying buy mine because his is crap, thats a sales technique I will leave to others.

Quote Originally Posted by MOPAR2YA View Post
    Heres your quote...
    "I can get some billets so no more crappy, over priced cores or small base circles."

I think I know a tad about TIII cams, but if you need to trash my reground cams as crappy, because they are reduced base circles so be it. With the 30+ sets Ive done they cant be to "crappy".

Sorry you cant follow your own post. And I dont start stirring anything, I simply saw the post and saw you trashing reground cams, seems apparent to anyone neutral what you posted. Why not just say Im selling or looking into doing new billet cams.? Is it necessary to trash something else to make your sale/pitch?

BTW, I dont run around saying buy mine because his is crap, thats a sales technique I will leave to others.
    Wow, are you THAT much of a tool, read Wallace, read unless you failed 1st grade.

Hmmmmm, NOWHERE did I mention YOUR cams, again, do you have a guilty conscience?

If you must jack the thread, get your info right. I said, CRAPPY, OVERPRICED CORES, get that part, again, simple english, and REDUCED BASE CIRCLE cams, get that part. NOW again, for those who passed Kindergarten, will plainly understand that. Now go away, don't you have some head to port or something. Maybe I'll go over to TD and crap on your post, huh!

Better judgement is telling me to stay out of this, but oh well...
    It really seems to me that Simon doesn't like the idea of smaller base circle cams in general, and Wallace feels like his work is being attacked specifically.
    If that's the case then all it would take is this:

Simon: I'm sorry you feel like I was attacking your work specifically. It's not that, it's just that I don't like the idea of smaller base circle cams and dealing with cores/core charges in general.

Wallace: I understand now, and while my opinion differs, I apologise for overreacting.

That doesn't seem hard at all, but WTF do I know I'm nothing more than a potential customer.

Tony

I think my point is quite clear. I guess Canadian grammer and American grammer are different. The word crappy followed by a comma then "cores or small base circles". In this case crappy is a adjective describing core and small base circles. Example: crappy core and crappy base circles.

BTW, I have no guilt on my consceince, but How many others are there doing TIII reground cams?

If your grammer was poor and you meant to ONLY call "cores" poor then my apology is offered, if you meant it as it was written. You already have my answer.

Im out.

turbo addict

I'm sick of people making comments about Canada. Go to hell Wallace.

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

This will stop now. Tony hit it on the button. Well said Tony.

Whorse... this is a warning.... Your comment broke forum rules.

Wallace, You have expressed your dislike of this forum many times on TD.com. I think you get my point.

Simon, Please learn to ignore comments when someone is baiting you.
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Hybrid booster

My Opinion on this is that the stock cams were never that great ,reduced base or other wise. I think that a $400 set of cams would need to be new for most to justify that cost, Would I like a set ? Sure but when Delta cams does re grinds for around $80 a piece or I can hand them over to Crane or comp both of which are local .I'm all for suporting venders , But I've found the same stuff can be bought cheaper from people that are not involved with turbo Dodge's

Quote Originally Posted by Millerman340 View Post
    My Opinion on this is that the stock cams were never that great ,reduced base or other wise. I think that a $400 set of cams would need to be new for most to justify that cost, Would I like a set ? Sure but when Delta cams does re grinds for around $80 a piece or I can hand them over to Crane or comp both of which are local .I'm all for suporting venders , But I've found the same stuff can be bought cheaper from people that are not involved with turbo Dodge's

I agree and thats why I am looking at Billet's. Yes, you can get a stock regrind for $80 but thats if the cam isn't too badly damaged, otherwise it has to be welded up and reground. I have one cam that the intake lobe is almost gone, If I can get enough interest, I can get new cams made for roughly the same cost as the high performance regrinds,

Apololgy accepted Wallace but trust me, If I am going to bash you, I won't hide it, I'll say it in the open.

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

What is the max lift a 16v can handle... Assume the valvetrain has the "right" parts. I know weight and pressure is an issue with the 16V on the springs
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    If I can get enough interest, I can get new cams made for roughly the same cost as the high performance regrinds,
    I'd be in for that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast