Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1985 Shelby Charger silver/blue RARE - $250

Hybrid booster

1985 Shelby Charger silver/blue RARE - $250

I've lowered my asking price further to $1350. I have a full write-up with many pics of the car here:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2302160/6

Thanks

Re: 1985 Shelby Charger silver/blue RARE - $1350

Quote Originally Posted by Wes85L View Post
    I've lowered my asking price further to $1350. I have a full write-up with many pics of the car here:

Thanks
    If I could only get shipping for cheaper. To spend $950+ just to ship this is outrageous in my book.

I do have a CarFax report on this car, as well as have spoken to the owner before Wes - as I had planned to purchase this car. But I can't seem to find a way around this shipping cost.

Almost had a TD back in the garage... Argh...

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by NeonShowCar View Post
    If I could only get shipping for cheaper. To spend $950+ just to ship this is outrageous in my book.

I do have a CarFax report on this car, as well as have spoken to the owner before Wes - as I had planned to purchase this car. But I can't seem to find a way around this shipping cost.

Almost had a TD back in the garage... Argh...

Youd be waiting a loooong time to have it shipped for 950 too. I paid 1450 coast to coast for my CSX. That took about 3 weeks.

Nice car though. Nice price. You would happen to be going to SDAC?

turbo addict

Heck with shipping at that distance. I'd just fly out and drive it back. For the money your going to spend might as well take 3 days off and call it a road trip. Too nice not to enjoy.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by WickedShelby88 View Post
    Heck with shipping at that distance. I'd just fly out and drive it back. For the money your going to spend might as well take 3 days off and call it a road trip. Too nice not to enjoy.

Problem is it would never make the trip. Have to drive with the manual fan switch on all the time, and over time it burns out. In other words fan doesn't work correctly (probably just a wiring issue). Then there is the issue that the car won't rev above 2500rpm. This might be a slight issue if you ask me. And dependent on the oil leak that Wes mentioned, flying out and driving would have been the ultimate plan. Thus, the investigation into getting it shipped out.

Hybrid booster

fly out, rent a budget rent a truck, rent a 2 wheel dolly, drive back, bring a friend and have a good time...

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    fly out, rent a budget rent a truck, rent a 2 wheel dolly, drive back, bring a friend and have a good time...
    I looked into this when I bought my CSX. WHen you figure in gas, hotel rooms, etc. it was close to DOUBLE the cost of shipping it.

Hybrid booster

hotel room.. sleep in the car... gas? just siphon it from cars at rest areas...

think of it as smokey and the bandit, but the bandit is in tow.

Hybrid booster

Price lowered - $1000. I need this car gone asap.
    Last edited by Wes85L; 06-15-2007 at 05:49 AM.

Garrett booster

I want to buy this so badly, but I have to finish re-streeting, then sell my sunburned GLH-T with the cable-shifter first.
    I hope, for you, you sell it soon; I hope, for me, you don't!
    Best wishes - Andy
    palmer.aj@juno.com

turbo addict

OK. The only reason I haven't bought this car is the fact that my dually is down. If I can line up a truck and trailer, I'm coming to get it. Can you PM me your address so I can get the ball rolling?
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Damn --- need someone to pick this up for me. Finally got a quote to ship for $725... But shipping is close to just the same price as the car. Then gotta fix the car to get it running right --- decisions, decisions...

Oh yeah, I do have the Carfax on this vehicle.

turbo addict

Gary if I had the money I'd bring it to you. My wife grew up in Corona what irony. She still has friends out there.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by WickedShelby88 View Post
    Gary if I had the money I'd bring it to you. My wife grew up in Corona what irony. She still has friends out there.
    Now this is what I'm talking about.

Make a little family vacation outta it. Its odd that I find a car i'd like to get but its 2100 miles away - go figure. That car needs some work to get it running correctly, so I wouldn't trust just driving the car for that distance (plus its got 150K on the engine/trans combination).

Need to find someone that is willing to do just what you said..... ARGH!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

PM sent

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Second PM sent.

Hybrid booster

Just an update for those following this thread. I have put all the items turbo dodge related and that are specific to the car in the trunk area. The car is parked on the side of the house uncovered and will stay there until it is sold. I'm sure people got to thinking I would go lower and lower seeing I had been doing that steadily every few weeks. It will be sold at $1,000 or not sold at all. In some ways I would like to continue working on the car but money and a lack of motivation are....well, lacking. If you have any interest in this car, 10 $100 bills and aren't 500 miles away I suggest you at least consider this rare, if only a little un-roadworthy at the moment, well kept vehicle. This will most likely be my final post unless I get bites on this. Please, only those seriously interested. Everything is on my cardomain page. Thanks

Dang!! I'll be in the Orlando area for 2 weeks in August and could probably fix it up enough to drive it back home!

Trade a 98 Neon?

Hybrid booster

You probably already know this, but Orlando is a good ways from me. Around 6 hours. Btw, I sent you a pm. Thanks

turbo addict

Wes85L, what about my offer?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast