Thread: A555, A523 or A568

Hybrid booster

A555, A523 or A568

i know it's been debaited more then enough times but it's time to do it again.

my car is an 87 Daytona shelby z 2.2 T2. not stock it's been modded. last time it was dyno'd it came in at 205/280 at the wheels with the stock A555.

the new clutch i'm in the process of installing is the TU 6 puck kevlar clutch with the yellow (extream duty) PP.

the car is also on drugs (nitrous) and i'll be running slicks. also got a P&P head going on as well.

my goal is upwards around 300hp. i've come accross an 90 A568 and i also have 2 other A555's and a 90 A523.

whitch one do you guys think would be the best.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: A555, A523 or A568

The 568 is the best choice IMO. you don't have to run a moly plate, and I prefer the shifter. Don't let people scare you off in regard to the small shaft of the 90' It seems as though they forget that all of the 555s with huge HP running through them are all small spline trannies too.

Hybrid booster

Re: A555, A523 or A568

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    The 568 is the best choice IMO. you don't have to run a moly plate, and I prefer the shifter. Don't let people scare you off in regard to the small shaft of the 90' It seems as though they forget that all of the 555s with huge HP running through them are all small spline trannies too.
    size of the spline dont bother me. i prefer small seeing as the has a brand new 6 puck clutch in it. the car is basicly a drag car. i dont drive it on the street much.