Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dodge direct connect "p" car (shadow)

Hybrid booster

Question dodge direct connect "p" car (shadow)

me and my brother bought a 85 tona acouple of weeks ago and the guy had all the documents on the car as well as other things .i got a artical of this nice shadow from i think is called direct connect which has a body kit i would like to know about .i think it is better looking than the 89 csx body kit . im not really sure how to put pics of it on this site from my computer ,if any one can tell me how to i would be glad to share .

scott

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: dodge direct connect "p" car (shadow)

Are you talking about the DC yellow bird shadow I think it is called?

Hybrid booster

it is yellow in the pic ,and would like to know if anyof the bodykits are still around OR ANY INFO ON IT,I WOULD NOT MIND FINDING OR HAVING THAT ONE

During mid-1985 the Direct Connection staff was given one of the new P-bodies to play with. The brakes were upgraded with better calipers & rotors from the Daytona's, better linings and a prototype rear brake setup. Of further interest in the braking system was the use of a Bendix electric master cylinder. The rest of the chassis was rounded out with better bushings, 1.25 inch swaybars, lowered springs and DC hi-po struts. Handling was further enhanced by use of a quick ratio rack which was shimmed up .200 for better geometry & Mini-van steering knuckles which further altered the steering ratio.

borrowed from www.thedodgegarage.com

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    cool, never seen that before, but it had stupid suck through

Algelo Taylor ran 11's in his Horizon with that same "stupid suck through" DC intercooled system... did have a little nitrous to help tho

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster

thanks to all for shining some light on the subject ,really like to know what happened to the car or were th molds went for the body kit sure other shadow guy would be interested if it was still around

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

That is indeed a really good looking kit. I have seen posts on it before, and I don't think anyone knows of any that were made, or anything about the molds.

Algelo Taylor ran 11's in his Horizon with that same "stupid suck through" DC intercooled system... did have a little nitrous to help tho
    "A little"...??? You remember him getting like (3) passes outta one bottle full -- right?

Also, as while back there were rumors that car still existed and is sitting under a car cover at a certain performance race shop (and no I will not mention where) back in Michigan. Wonder if its still sitting there... Hrrmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by NeonShowCar View Post
    "A little"...??? You remember him getting like (3) passes outta one bottle full -- right?

Also, as while back there were rumors that car still existed and is sitting under a car cover at a certain performance race shop (and no I will not mention where) back in Michigan. Wonder if its still sitting there... Hrrmmm....
    whos is this dude? Never seen you here before. Seems like you have alot of knowledge about the older stuff. Please enlighten me! Sounds interesting.

Hybrid booster

yea really do enlighten ,very interesting,i like the hood and would like to know the height of the scoop.also the direct connect name is no more right

Quote Originally Posted by JDAWG View Post
    whos is this dude? Never seen you here before. Seems like you have alot of knowledge about the older stuff. Please enlighten me! Sounds interesting.
    Who am I ? Your asking I'd imagine. Alot of the old timers in the TD scene know who I am. I've haven't owned a TD for about 6 yrs now. But have owned the following; 86 Shelby Charger, 86 GLH Turbo, 87 Shadow, 88 Shelby CSXT, 92 IROC R/T, to name a few. I worked for DCX for 13 yrs before just leaving and moving out to California to work at Gale Banks Engineering.

If you do a google search on my name, you'll find alot of things I've done in the past. First started wrenching on TD's back 1987. Some items people know me for are as follows:

- Wrote article published in MOpar magazine about installing a Conquest Intercooler into a CSXT.
    - Designed and developed a long rod engine: http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/per...rodengine.html
    - Designed and Developed PT Turbo Intake manifold, heat shields, brackets, etc. Was part of the 2.4L Turbo team that is in the PT TUrbo, SRT4: http://usa.siemensvdo.com/press/rele...1117_002_e.htm
    - Wrote SAE paper on how to turbocharger a 2.4L Chrysler Engine: http://www.sae.org/servlets/productD...D=2003-01-0410
    - Have a patent: http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6208917.html

Oh yeah, went to my first SDAC at SDAC2... Yes #2...

Rather then have this go on for a long time. Look on Russ Knize site, Gary Donovan site, etc. And you'll see my name mentioned.

You could say I've been around the block. I respond much to be honest, thus my post count is low. But the old timers know exactly who I am.

Anyone notice the hood vent on the black Shadow in the brochure?

LOL, that was sarcasm... I remember that he got 4 passes tho

And I forget if it was the Mopar Nats or SDAC 8 at Indy that his DC I/C spung a leak so the replaced it with a piece of exhaust pipe and the car did not slow down

IIR, 11.80's on the jug, High 13's on the DC I/C no juice

Yeah, I remember hearing he somld it to someone in MI...

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Quote Originally Posted by JDAWG View Post
    Who, Garry? he's some old dude that thinks he knows everything

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMopar View Post
    Anyone notice the hood vent on the black Shadow in the brochure?
    Damn, Russ, Great eagle eye find there!

must be a prototype?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Angelo's old car, or the yellow bird? I knew where Angelo's car was back about 1.5 years ago, not sure if it changed hands again.

Who, Garry? he's some old dude that thinks he knows everything
    That's why I never ask any questions, I really knows everyting...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast