Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Oil weight question

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor CSX321's Avatar

Re: Oil weight question

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMopar View Post
    The Bosch is a good example. Bosch in Europe is supposedly a quality filter. In the USA it's a generic Champion Labs filter.
    Maybe they've changed. The Bosch I got the other day was identical to the Mobil1 as far as you could tell from looking all around and into the holes. I held them both side-by-side in the store. I should get one of each and open them up, I guess.

I've been using K&N filters on the SRT4 and like them a lot. The best place I've found to buy them is AJ-USA. If you buy at least $25 worth (3 filters), shipping is free. http://www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/stores/...=KNF%20HP-1002
    Last edited by CSX321; 06-13-2007 at 11:54 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by CSX321 View Post
    Maybe they've changed. The Bosch I got the other day was identical to the Mobil1 as far as you could tell from looking all around and into the holes. I held them both side-by-side in the store. I should get one of each and open them up, I guess.
    Yes...go back and re-read my post. Both the Bosch USA and Mobil 1 are made by Champion Labs. That is why they look exactly the same. The 5 or so manufacturers' machinery all make one type of filter each. You can always identify the real manufacturer by looking at the backplate and peeking through the holes. So in other words: no, the Bosch is not a Mobil 1; Bosch and Mobil 1 are BOTH Champion Labs filters. Neither Mobil nor Bosch USA MAKE anything with respect to oil filters. They both contracted Champion to do it for them. The only difference between them were the can thickness and supposedly the composition of the filter media inside.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetona View Post
    Contributing where I can, Napas oil filters are made by Wix. Take off the first digit of the wix number and thats the Napa gold number.
    Also, i'll add:

Napa gold (take off the first digit of the wix number like I stated above)

Silver line (replace first number with a 2)

Nascar line (replace with a 9)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567