Thread: Fan relay

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Fan relay

It looks as though the fan relay on my 90' shadow is bad. I was wondering if anyone has used the AC cutout relay in place of the fan relay, or if they are not interchangeable?

ETA: I know that they are different part #s, I just thought I would see if anyone has made it work.

Hybrid booster

Re: Fan relay

i am 99.9% sure they are interchangeable. i put plain jhane relays in my car in all the spots when the relays died...

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    i am 99.9% sure they are interchangeable. i put plain jhane relays in my car in all the spots when the relays died...
    I might just check that out to see if that works then. Thanks.

It would not work as a direct swap. There was a ridge on the harness cobnector which mates up with a notch in the relay. I figured that it would be a good idea to just pony up the 11.99 for a new one, and the fan works fine now.

yea the connectors are different. Tap into the pink and blue wire, run it to a toggle switch, ground the other side of the toggle switch, when you flick it it grounds the relay and turns on the fan. The computer still controls it, so you wont forget to turn it on, but you still can turn it on whenever you want. Nice option

Quote Originally Posted by JDAWG View Post
    yea the connectors are different. Tap into the pink and blue wire, run it to a toggle switch, ground the other side of the toggle switch, when you flick it it grounds the relay and turns on the fan. The computer still controls it, so you wont forget to turn it on, but you still can turn it on whenever you want. Nice option
    Yeah, I am thinking about using the AC switch method to turn it on manually from inside the car. Thanks for the tip though.